Chapter 8

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

Jaejoong's p.o.v

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked me. I nodded weakly as we were waiting for our informers that were my friends. I sipped the coffee and her image flashed inside my head. I remembered how I insulted her and how shocked she was when I poured out the coffee that she made for me into the sink.

 

I closed my eyes, trying to wash away the regret but I couldn’t. I couldn’t forget her face. Her sobbed kept echoed inside my head. I remembered it clearly when I took away her precious thing disgracefully. My shameful manner couldn’t be forgiven, I know. I felt so sinful now.

 

“Sorry we’re late.” Changmin and Yoochun took the seats in front of us. I quickly sat straightly when they came. “So, did you guys found her?” I asked eagerly. Yoochun sighed deeply while Changmin called the waiter to order food.

 

“No, hyung. Sorry…” My hope shattered when Yoochun said the word ‘no’. “We checked her accounts transaction but none of them are active since seven month ago. The last transaction was on that time with a huge amount of money being brought out in cash.” Changmin said. The waiter then came with two cups of warm hot chocolate and a plate of cheese cake.

 

“We will try harder, hyung.” Changmin dug in the cake. “Nuh, it’s okay…I guess she really want to run from me.” Jaejoong smiled bitterly. Yunho patted my shoulder. It’s okay. That’s what he wanted to say and I totally got his message but I'm not okay.

 

“By the way, Junsu invited us to his island.” Yoochun started to talk about other topic. I knew Yoochun just wanted to cheer me up. But I couldn’t. I kept thinking about her. “Yoochun hyung, stop talking like the island belongs to him. It’s totally the opposite. He belongs to the island.” Changmin raised his hand to order more after finished his cheesecake.

 

“Changmin has a point there.” Yunho chuckled. We laughed a bit remembering our best buddy, Junsu. He went to an island two years ago to start his medical practice but then fell in love with a girl from there. They got married and just got their first child.

 

“Why did he invite us there? He usually invited us on harvest season.” I asked in curious. “His wife just gave birth and he wanted to celebrate with us.” Yoochun shrugged. “Here is the picture of the cute baby boy.” Yoochun passed us his cell phone.

 

“O my god!” Yunho squealed loudly. “So cute~~ I want to pinch his cheek.” Yunho stared at the phone screen. I would say he was a ia if I didnt know his fondness of babies and kids. “Stop staring or the screen will break.” I took the phone and gave it back to Yoochun.

 

“Let’s go! Junsu hyung’s wife cooked the best food ever!” Changmin pleaded at us with his puppy eyes. “Just eat, please?” I took a spoon of the chocolate cake that just arrived and shoved it into his mouth. “I still need to find Joonhee and managed the companies. You guys can go without me.”

 

“No, Jae. You’re going with us. You are restless now. Let’s go there and take some rest. About your companies, you have Manager Choi to depend to.” Yunho said in serious tone. I knew he had been so worried about me. “Fine, whatever.”

.

.

.

.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I've to hurry~ got chemistry class~~

i'll reply the comments later with a new update ^^