Chapter 36

More Than the Air I Breathe

.

.

.

.

“Oh my God, this is fun!!” Seowoo cheered up as she dragged Joonhee to go to another ride. They had been at the amusement park for hours already and Joonhee sure she would come home late if she didn’t tell Seowoo to stop. “S-Seowoo-ah, I think I need to go home now.” She said when they were in the line to ride the roller-coaster. “Why?”

“You don’t like being out with me?” Seowoo pouted. “No! Of course it’s not!” Joonhee quickly replied. “I like being out with you but I need to go home now. Sarang must be missed me.” Joonhee continued. “She has been away from me since yesterday.”

 

“Alright… We will go home but after this ride!” Seowoo dragged her inside to ride the roller-coaster ride this time.

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ 

 

“Aish, dear…you are such a mess,” Jaejoong smiled seeing his daughter playing with the food. “Come on, Sarang…” Jaejoong carried Sarang and placed her on his laps while he wiped her face. “What are you trying to say?” He chuckled when Sarang suddenly mumbled incoherently. “Appa can’t understand you, baby…” Jaejoong kissed his daughter’s forehead.

 

“You miss your omma?” Jaejoong asking although he knew he wouldn’t get answer. “Aish, silly me…” Jaejoong shook his head and laughed. As he was spacing out remembering Joonhee, Sarang on the other hand was enjoying being in her father’s embrace. Her small hands were waving, trying to grab Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

Smiling knowing what she wanted to do, Jaejoong slowly lifted her to stand on her fragile legs with his hands supporting her on her waist. “Auch!” Jaejoong whined when Sarang pinched his cheeks. “You’re one strong baby,” Jaejoong nuzzled his nose with Sarang’s nose. “I should check on your omma,” Jaejoong hugged Sarang with his left hand while his right hand was dialing Joonhee’s number.

 

The number that you attempted to call is not in service. Please leave a message after the ‘beep’.

 

“Hmm?” Jaejoong frowned.

 

“Huahhhh!!!”

 

Jaejoong quickly put his phone aside and cradled Sarang when she suddenly cried out loudly.

 

“What’s wrong? You want milk?” Jaejoong cradled Sarang as his other hand reached out a milk bottle at the floor. Just before he wanted to feed Sarang, Sarang slapped away the bottle away. “Aigoo… Shhh…” Jaejoong patted her back. “Shhh…” Jaejoong tried to sing a lullaby to his daughter.

 

“Shhh…”

 

“Huahhhhhh!”

 

Jaejoong sighed as he failed to keep his daughter quiet. “Are you sick?” Jaejoong said worriedly since Sarang had never cried that loud.

 

“Shhh…” Jaejoong embraced his daughter closer. Jaejoong gently patted Sarang’s back as he walked around the house slowly. He kept going back and forth inside the house till Sarang stopped crying and soon fell asleep on his shoulder.

 

“I feel uneasy…” Jaejoong said slowly, afraid that his voice might awake Sarang. He slowly walked to the living room and took his phone on the couch with his right hand as he hold Sarang carefully on his left hand.

 

The number that you attempted to call is not in service. Please leave a message after the ‘beep’.

 

“Again…?” Jaejoong looked at his phone, then to his wrist watch. 10.22 pm. “It’s been few hours since she is out with Seowoo…” Jaejoong bit his lips.

 

“Hope nothing bad happen to her… That Seowoo seem like she has something up her collar. I should investigate her background later.” Jaejoong tried to ease his own feeling as he made a mental note to himself about Seowoo.

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ 

 

Joonhee looked to her left. Seowoo was happily humming to the song on the radio as she drove her own Porsche car. Jonnhee didn’t even know where their destination was as Seowoo didn’t want to tell her. “Seowoo-ah, let’s just go home.” Joonhee said worriedly. Seowoo smiled as she shook her head. “The night is still young, Joon! There are lots of things that we can do at night!” Seowoo turned to the left and stopped right in front of an exclusive night club.

 

“Seowoo-ah, this is not a good idea!” Joonhee protested when Seowoo was about to get out of the car. “Send me home, please. I have a daughter waiting for me at home,” Joonhee said. Seowoo sighed. “But I want to spend time with you.” Joonhee smiled at her long-lost best friend. “We still have another day, right?”

 

But I can’t wait to…

 

Seowoo gritted her teeth silently and glared at Joonhee when Joonhee was checking her phone. “It has run out of battery. Can I borrow your phone, Seowoo? I need to call Jaejoong.” Joonhee asked.

 

“I left my phone at home.” Seowoo simply replied. “Okay, if you don’t want to go inside, why don’t we go to our house?” Seowoo smiled. There was definitely another plan inside her mind now. “But it is late now. Jaejoong must be worried about me since I didn’t call him.”

 

You and your Jaejoong... Can’t you stop that?!

 

Seowoo smiled. “Come on, just a cup of coffee won’t hurt, right?” Seowoo smiled as sincere as she could. Joonhee keep quiet for awhile as she thinking about Seowoo’s invitation.

 

“…okay.”

 

“Yeay!” Seowoo cheered happily.

 

“…but you seriously have to send me home after that!” Joonhee reminded her. “Don’t worry, I will.” Seowoo smiled.

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ 

 

“You have such a nice place, Seowoo-ah.” Joonhee praised Seowoo’s apartment as soon as she stepped inside. “Thank you. Wait here; I’ll make you a coffee.” Seowoo smiled and told her to wait at the living room. “Okay.”

 

“Stupid,” Seowoo muttered slowly when she was already in the kitchen. “Well,” Seowoo smirked. “…luckily I have a back-up plan.” She then took out a mug from the rack and proceeded to make coffee for Joonhee. “Good night, Joon. This ‘magic powder’ will ensure you to dream about your Jaejoong…” Seowoo smirked as she took out a small packet from her handbag and slowly poured the content into the mug.

 

Meanwhile, Joonhee was too absorbed going through a photo album that she found on the table at the living room. It was a photo book that had her pictures with Ayumi and Seowoo when they were still studying together at the university.

 

She smiled looking at all the pictures. Good times when we were all together…

 

“Here is your drink.” Seowoo took a seat beside her as she passed the mug to Joonhee. “You’re not drinking?” Joonhee asked as she took the mug from her. “Nope, it’s okay.” Seowoo smiled as she eagerly watched Joonhee sipped the warm coffee.

 

“This coffee is delicious,” Joonhee smiled as she took another sip. “I feel dizzy,” Joonhee placed the mug on the table right after the first few sips. Seowoo hid her smile as she watched Joonhee became dizzier. Joonhee tried to get up then. “I…”

 

It only took about a second for the effect of the ‘magic powder’ to take place. She slumped back on the couch, completely unconscious. “Well, well…” Seowoo clapped alone. “…you’re just too naïve, just like before, Joon.” Seowoo shook her head.

 

“If it is not because of you, things won’t be like now!” Seowoo pushed Joonhee’s head, unable to hold back her emotions anymore. “You ruin everything!” Seowoo spoke between her gritted teeth.

 

“I should just do something to you now, aren’t I?” Seowoo tapped her chin. “No, no…I should torture you slowly…” A smirk flashed upon her face. “Just wait, Joon.”

 

“I may destroy your life.”

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

 

“Urgh…” She tried to open her eyes, ignoring the penetrating light. Joonhee slowly tried to remember where she was at that moment and she quickly became sober when she realized she wasn’t at her home. She wasn’t sleeping on her bed, beside Jaejoong.

 

“Oh, you’re up.” A voice came from the door. “Seowoo-ah, why am I sleeping here?” Joonhee asked confusedly. “I don’t know. Last night, after drinking you said you are sleepy and eventually fall asleep on my couch.” Seowoo answered innocently.

 

“I-I need to go home now.” Joonhee quickly got off the bed. “Let’s have breakfast first,” Seowoo asked cheerfully.

 

“I need to go home now, Seowoo! Either you send me now or I will take cab.” Joonhee tried to control her voice. She was so damn worried about Jaejoong and Sarang and a breakfast with Seowoo wasn’t her priority right now.

 

“…Okay.” Seowoo pouted as she then walked out of the room, followed by Joonhee from her back.

 

Soon, Joon…you will know your fate soon…

 

Joonhee was so worried than she couldn’t even get to catch Seowoo’s sly smirk. Her mind only concentrated on Jaejoong and Sarang along the drive.

 

“Thanks.” Joonhee smiled when they already reached her house. She quickly got out of Seowoo’s car. “We will hang out again on other day, okay?” Joonhee smiled and bid goodbye to Seowoo. “Whatever,” Seowoo muttered slowly as she drove away from there.

 

Joonhee then quickly walked to the door of her house. Entering the password on the door, Joonhee quickly walked inside after the door has opened. “Jaejoong?” Joonhee called his husband’s name.

 

“Jae?” Joonhee went inside their bedroom. A warm smile spread on her face seeing her husband was sleeping peacefully on the bed. She tried her best to walk quietly to the bed and sat quietly on Jaejoong’s side of the bed. Again, her lips curved upward seeing her precious daughter was sleeping soundly inside the baby cot beside the bed. “Mianhae Sarang…omma is bad toward you and appa,” Joonhee leaned down and showered her daughter’s face with kisses.

 

Just then, a pair of strong arms embraced her from behind. “When did you come home?” Jaejoong’s hoarse voice broke the silent in the room. “I come home just now. I’m sorry I didn’t call you. My phone has run out of battery…” Joonhee turned to face her husband.

 

“Do you know how worried I was when you’re not giving me any calls at all?” Jaejoong lied back on the bed, with Joonhee. “Sorry…” Joonhee snuggled closer to Jaejoong. “She brings me to a night club,” Joonhee looked up to see Jaejoong’s expression.

 

 “Night club?” Jaejoong asked in displeased. “…sort of. We didn’t go inside though. I ask her to send me home. Then she offered me to have some coffee at her house first.” Joonhee leaned up and smiled at Jaejoong. “But somehow, I fall asleep right after drinking the coffee.” Joonhee finished talking.

 

“Seowoo said maybe I was too tired.” Joonhee shrugged. Joonhee then proceeded to talk about her day with Seowoo, but Jaejoong wasn’t listening to any of them. His mind was busy thinking what Seowoo’s intention toward his wife was.

 

I know and sure something is just not right with her…

 

“Jae, are you listening?” Joonhee called his name when she noticed her husband wasn’t listening to her. “W-what?” Jaejoong quickly shifted his attention to Joonhee back. “You’re not listening,” Joonhee pouted, her cuteness outshone.

 

Jaejoong smiled at his wife’s cute attempt to pout. “Okay, sorry… I was just thinking about something,” Jaejoong pulled her closer as he nuzzled his nose on Joonhee’s hair. It only a day they separated but he missed her scent so much. “Thinking about what?” Joonhee asked as she played with Jaejoong’s shirt.

 

“Thinking about your friend, Seowoo…why did she come back now?” Jaejoong dropped the question that he had wanted to find the answer. Joonhee stopped what she was doing and looked at Jaejoong confusedly. “Why do you ask that question?”

 

“I’m just asking. I mean, why is she coming back now? Where was she when you’re suffering for those past years?” Jaejoong spoke carefully. “Jae, she had been so heartbroken because of Ayumi’s death at that time, just like you and I.” Joonhee defended Seowoo in front of Jaejoong. “…that’s why she ran away.” Joonhee continued.

 

“Based on what reasons are you suspecting Seowoo, Jae? You hate her? You hate my bestfriend, Jaejoong?” Joonhee frowned as she asked Jaejoong the questions. Joonhee had noticed that Jaejoong wasn’t really favored of Seowoo since the day she was admitted into the hospital, the day when Seowoo came to see her.

 

“Babe, that’s not what I mean,” Jaejoong frowned. “Then?” Joonhee quickly cut his words.

 

“Aish, forget it.” Jaejoong broke the hug and sat on the bed. “Jae,” Joonhee was a bit shocked with Jaejoong’s action. “…are you mad at me? Or Seowoo?” Joonhee quickly hugged Jaejoong from the back. “I-I’m sorry…”

 

“I’m not mad at you,” Jaejoong held Joonhee’s hands as he broke their hug. “…I just don’t want you to be hurt by anyone. I can’t allow that.” Jaejoong cupped her cheeks. “What do you mean by that? Are you try to say that my friend, Seowoo coming back here to do something to me?” Joonhee dodged Jaejoong’s hand slowly.

 

Jaejoong sighed deeply. “…Jae,” Jaejoong looked at her when she called his name. “I never have friends, ever since I was a kid. My only friends in my life are Ayumi and Seowoo. They are like other parts of me, Jae…” Joonhee took Jaejoong’s hands into hers. “That’s why I don’t like it when you doubting Seowoo, because she is my friend.” Joonhee said sincerely.

 

“You understand me enough right, Jae?” Joonhee smiled apologetically at her husband. “Okay. I’m sorry too,” Jaejoong tucked her hair behind her ear. “Okay?” Jaejoong smiled at his wife lovingly. Joonhee nodded in delight as she slowly tipped on her feet and kissed Jaejoong.

 

“That is a morning kiss for my husband,” Joonhee smiled. “I’ll make breakfast for you.” Joonhee walked out of the room and went into the kitchen, getting ready to make breakfast for her husband.

 

Jaejoong let out a short and deep sigh. His wife was just too naïve in his eyes. “I’m not going to let anything come across our happiness.” Jaejoong walked to the nightstand and took his phone. “Hello, I have work for you.”

 

.

.

.

.

 

I'M BACK!!!!

Finally after not updating for what, 2 months?

i just finish exam for pure science subjects only, still got account papers this monday (-.-'''')

anyway!!

thank you dear friends who cheered for me

thank you dear friends who still reading this story

thank you dear friends who still commenting this story

thank you dear friends who still reading this story although you never leave your comment

thank you dear new friends who subscribe to this story

thank you, just thank you!!!

ohhh

please tell me what do you think about this chapter

i make it specially long :3 but i afraid if my writing skills has become rusty :p

 

and and and!

another new story :p

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/106159