Chapter 30

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

“I’m Kim Joonhee, the second largest shareholder hence I’ll take over the CEO position for the time being while we will keep the track of the shares buyers who didn’t appear on this meeting.” Joonhee shifted attention one by one to all the board members. “Any objections toward this take over?” She gazed around the room.

 

Silent.

 

“Then, I’ll postpone this meeting till another date. It’s nice to meet all of you.” She bowed slightly and walked out of room with style, followed by Yoochun from her behind. “You did good job.” Yoochun smiled to ease her nervousness.

 

“Joonhee…” Joonhee turned her back when she heard her name being called. Her eyes narrowed a bit looking at the condition of the man standing in front of her. “A-appa?” She couldn’t believe the thin man was her father. Her father was a lot healthier than this the last time they meet; about a year ago.

 

“Yes, it’s me…” Han Joonmin walked toward his daughter and quickly hugged her. “I’m sorry… for everything…I’m so weak to protect our company…” Her father sighed deeply. “Appa…” Joonhee called him with a confused tone. Her father never acted this way with her. The last time she got a hug from him was when she was ten years old, fifteen years ago.

 

“I’m sorry for not being able to be a good father to you…yet now I have to trouble you…I can’t be more embarrass than now…” Joonmin covered his sunken face with his thin fingers.

 

“Joonmin!”

 

There she was, Joonhee’s mother walked toward them in anger, again. Just like how she did at Yoochun’s office. “Let’s go!” She pulled Joonmin wrist harshly. “Han Joonhee, you don’t have to come to the office tomorrow. All the right is still on me.” Her mother said sternly.

 

“What right? You have lost it. I’m the CEO now. You should find the people who buy your shares. I know you love money but I don’t know you’re too greedy till you made the wrong step.” Joonhee encourage herself to say those words. “What? You…!”

 

“Stop it, honey. Let’s just go home…” Joonmin stopped Yoohee as he dragged her away from Joonhee.

 

Joonhee just watched over her parents with a sad expression. She wanted to say something but it felt like there was something in . “Yoochun… do you know what happen to my father?” Joonhee shifted her attention to Yoochun, who just watched her family’s misery.

 

“According to my sources, he had heart attack last year and since then, kept coming in and out of the hospital.” Yoochun answered her question. Joonhee covered her face and sighed deeply.

 

“Jaejoong say we need to find a business partner.” She discussed with Yoochun while walking into the room specialized for the CEO. Jaejoong couldn’t be there with her due to his very important meeting at his own company. “Hence, our finance can be more stable than now.” she looked over the documents about the company’s financial report seriously.

 

“But your parents never had any business partner. They either only take the corporate loan from the bank or selling some shares to influenced people to gain strong fund to support the company operation.” Yoochun said as he too, looked through the company’s profile.

 

“That’s my parents’ way. I know they are that kind of person. But I’m not. I’ll change it from now on. Find me a potential business partner.” Joonhee ordered him in a serious working manner.

 

-

 

“I’m sorry I’m coming home late, Sarang…” Joonhee cradled Sarang lovingly. “Thank you for taking care of her. You can go home now.” She smiled at the babysitter. Jaejoong and her had discussed and they agreed to hire someone to look after Sarang while they working.

 

“Omma is so tired right now…everything is messy…” Joonhee tipped her nose with Sarang’s nose as she lifted Sarang up high. “When everything becomes normal, omma will bring you to somewhere nice.” Joonhee kissed her daughter’s forehead, making the latter squealed in delight, as if she understood her mother’s words.

 

“You two are going somewhere without me?” A pair of strong arms wrapped around Joonhee and Sarang. “Yes. We’re going to leave you alone at home.” Joonhee chuckled. She didn’t have to turn around to see who was behind her. She knew it just from his scent and his voice.

 

“That’s not fair.” Jaejoong pouted as he reached to kiss Sarang and Joonhee’s cheeks. “How’s work?” He asked as his chin was placed on Joonhee’s shoulder. “It’s messy.” Joonhee sighed heavily. “Yoochun is there to help you, right?” Jaejoong reached his hand to Sarang and she was having fun playing with her father’s fingers.

 

“Yes, but it’s tiring…plus it’s been a long time since I worked back,” Joonhee smiled watching Sarang cute actions. “You’ll be used to it, don’t worry. I’ll be here if you need me.” Jaejoong assured her.

.

.

.

.

hey hey hey there~~~

I LOVE YOU TOOheartheartheart

thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading!! smiley