Chapter 33

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

.

.

.

.

“This isn’t right.” Joonhee furrowed as she looked over another document. “Mrs. Kim, how about this?” One of her staff handed the document to her. “No, no…” Joonhee shook her head.

 

“We need to give more than this. We need to impress the client.” Joonhee said strictly. One thing that she inherited from her parents is their strictness when it came to work.

 

“But we have been here for hours and you rejected almost all of our idea!” A male staff suddenly slammed the documents that he held on the table. Joonhee looked at him calmly before she spoke something.

 

“I understand that I might be putting pressure on you. But this is important, this project is the only hope that I can ensure that this company will not fall to others. If it happens, can you imagine what will happen to you? You…”

 

Joonhee looked at all the staffs in the conference room. “…you might be fire by them.” She simply ended. “So, please work hard with me! I believe we can do this!” She smiled, tried to cheer her staffs.

 

“Come on dude, I don’t want to get fired. Neither you, right?” Another male staff smiled, tried to cheer his friend who just threw a small tantrum in front of their female boss.

 

“Yeah, it’s not like we haven’t work like this before! Calm down…” One by one of them cheered each other and soon continued their work back.

 

“Mrs. Kim,” Joonhee’s secretary suddenly came in into the conference room. “Miss Kim Haneul wants to meet you. She is in your room right now.” She informed Joonhee.

 

“I’ll be there in a minute.” Joonhee stood up from the chair. “Cheer up, okay! I promise I’ll treat you something nice after we success!” She smiled and left the conference room, walking toward her room.

 

Since the door was not closed, Joonhee silently walked in her room. Kim Haneul wasn’t realized Joonhee was in the room since her back was facing Joonhee. She walked over Joonhee’s bookcase and stopped when she saw a medium-sized frame.

 

Joonhee watched silently as Haneul’s hand slowly reached the frame. Joonhee remembered that she put in a picture of Jaejoong, Sarang and her inside the frame.

 

“Jaejoong…” Haneul slowly caressed Jaejoong’s picture without realizing that Joonhee was already in the room and thankfully Joonhee didn’t hear her muttering Jaejoong’s name.

 

“Ahem…” Joonhee faked a cough. Haneul quickly withdrew her hand and turned back to face Joonhee. “I’m sorry for making you waiting for me,” Joonhee tried to smiled sincerely.

 

“No, it’s okay…by the way, nice baby you have…” Haneul said, referring to Sarang, her daughter. “…she must get the gene from Jaejoong oppa.” Haneul smiled.

 

“Yes, she is.” Joonhee smiled though her inner self was telling her it was wrong. “How is Jaejoong oppa now?” Haneul’s question started to make Joonhee a bit unhappy. I guess I am jealous, her heart said.

 

“My husband is fine and that is so nice of you to ask about him.” Joonhee replied to her question. “Shall we progress as to why are you coming here to meet me?” Joonhee tried to divert her attention from kept on asking about Jaejoong.

 

-

 

“Hmmm…” Joonhee stretched herself as she just woke up from a short nap. “I still have fifteen minutes before the lunch time end.” She looked over her wrist watch. She was a bit tired after the meeting with Kim Haneul which took almost forty-five minutes. What amazed Joonhee was, Haneul didn’t ask about Jaejoong at all and kept asking about the latest development of their joint venture.

 

She is indeed a successful career woman.

 

Joonhee’s wool gathering was disturbed by a phone call. She smiled upon looking at the ID of the caller. “Hello?”

 

“Hello~~ is this Kim Joonhee? The wife of Kim Jaejoong?” Joonhee chuckled hearing Jaejoong’s playful tone.

 

“No, you got the wrong number, I’m sorry.” Joonhee got along with his joke.

 

“I’m busy, so please don’t call me anymore.” Joonhee said in a serious tone and pretended to end the call. “Wait, wait!” Jaejoong shrieked from the other line while Joonhee had already laughed at his behavior.

 

“Oh I see…you’re laughing at me, Kim Joonhee?” Jaejoong chuckled alone when he realized his wife was just fooling around with him. “You’re lucky enough I am not there or else…”

 

“…or else what, you’re going to tickle me like what you always do?” Joonhee . “Tickle you? That was lame…” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“Glad you know it.” Joonhee replied again. “Love, have you eaten?” Jaejoong asked in concern. “I don’t have an appetite today. I just wake up from a short nap.” Joonhee said.

 

“Why? You can become sick if you skipped meal,” Jaejoong said worriedly. “I’m okay, Jaejoong. I have no appetite.” Joonhee assured him that she was okay.

 

“If this is about ‘I don’t want people to worry about me’, please stop thinking that way, love.” Jaejoong said seriously. He was afraid that Joonhee still thought the old way she used to be.

 

“Jaejoong,” Joonhee called his name. “…I am really okay. I know you are worry about me but I am okay, really.” Joonhee convinced him again. “But, have you eaten your lunch?” Joonhee asked him the same question.

 

“Huh?” Jaejoong realized that he himself didn’t have lunch yet so he tried to make an excuse.

 

“…love, I have things to do. I-I’ll call you later? Bye, I love you!!” Jaejoong quickly hung on the phone. He was sure that Joonhee would nag him back as her response to his nag before. “Jae!”

 

Joonhee smiled widely as she kept staring at the phone. “It’s time to work!” She cheered herself and started to take out important documents.

 

-

 

She stepped out of the airport with a mixed feeling, again. The woman took out her cell phone and made one call to someone. After then, she stopped a cab.

 

“Where is your destination, young lad?” The cab driver smiled as he took a peek on the beautiful lady on his behind seat. “To Han Corporation, please.” The woman took off her shades.

 

“Ah, no. Can you bring me to the cemetery beside the big red building?” Suddenly, she changed her destination. “Sure.” The cab driver smiled.

 

She sighed heavily upon reaching the cemetery. “Please wait for me, mister.” She kindly asked the cab driver. “I’ll pay you more.” She said again after the cab driver showed his unhappy expression. “Okay.”

 

“Ayumi…” She smiled after reached Ayumi’s tomb. “How are you? Do you still remember me? I’m Seowoo…” Seowoo smiled.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t attend your funeral…” Seowoo bit her lips to prevent herself from crying. “…I was too emotional at that time…and she…”

 

Seowoo quickly wiped the tears that suddenly burst out. “…she was the reason for your death…she…”

 

“…our best friend…” Seowoo bit her lips again.

.

.

.

.

another new woman! :D

seowoo is one of the lead actress in cinderella's stepsister drama, starred by geunyeong and 2pm's taecyeon if any of you don't know her smiley

 

i may not be able to update for a week as school will start soonfrown

please wait for me!!

leave a comment to say you'll wait for me and cheer me coz I don't want the holiday to end!! crying

 

haha