Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Denied Sleep

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to my AWESOMELY AWESOME sister hellhathfury!!!!who always edits my work like the diligent little worker i expect her to be!!!!teehee!!!!jokes...ish...anyways...the title may seem a bit weird but for those who know me and my sister personally...HOPEFULLY...yall should get where it comes from!!!!

L

You stand a little ways off from the entrance to the hospital where you were doing your residency, your phone to your ear.

“I’m sorry, but the person who you’re trying to call is unavailable. Please try again.”

You sigh as you hear the same message repeated for the 10th time now. Staring at the phone, you debate whether or not you should try calling him once again but you decide against it, deeming it a waste of time. Instead, you dial the number of a taxi service and arrange for a cab to pick you up. He told me he was free to pick me up tonight, that’s why I didn’t take my car…I hope everything’s okay. When the cab finally arrived, you sigh in relief that you finally had the chance to rest your feet after your 8 hour night shift in the E.R. You quickly reach your apartment and hurry in after paying the driver. When you open the door, you check and see that Myungsoo’s shoes aren’t there and his home slippers were still in their appointed corner. He didn’t even come here tonight…I guess something must have come up…Without a further thought, you quickly shower and get ready to sleep. Falling into bed, you peek a glance at the clock. 5am once again… Yawning, you snuggle into your bed, letting sleep overtake you.

You feel someone slowly pull the blanket off of you and whisper your name into your ear. “____, wake up…” You fuss about a bit and grab a hold of the edge of your blanket, pulling it to cover yourself. Once again the voice rang in your ears, “____, wake up.”, this time a bit more insistent. Furrowing your brow, you turn to the other side. With a strong tug, your blanket is pulled clear off your body despite your protests and you hear a loud voice exclaim, “Wake up!”

Exasperated, you open your eyes wishing whatever was happening was a dream and snap, “What?” You rub your eyes and squint around the room until they land on the still figure of your boyfriend. “Myungsoo? What time is it?”

You turn to your night table and see that it was just striking 7am. 2 hours…I’ve only slept for 2 hours…Ugh…What is he doing here so early? Did he forget that I had a late shift?

Sighing, you try to wake yourself up enough to hear him out. “What’re you doing here so early?”

“You don’t remember? We’re supposed to go meet my parents today.”

You stare blankly back at him. What is he talking about? Meeting? What meeting? I don’t remember him telling me about going to see his parents or agreeing to this…

“You forgot didn’t you?”

Your lack of sleep was making you a bit irritable so you snap once again. “I didn’t forget, there was no such meeting planned!”

“But I told you last week.”, Myungsoo insisted, which just pushed your buttons a bit more.

“Uh no, you didn’t. You probably forgot Myung (A/N...i asked my sister what nickname shed give myungsoo and this was what she wanted,so the nickname it shall be!!!!). If we had planned such a thing do you really think I’d have picked last night to do a night shift?”, you flop back onto your pillow.

“But I already booked the tickets for the KTX (A/N Korea Train Express...im taking it to be that his parents live in yeosu which a city on the jeolla-do line on the KTX because it makes no sense for them to be living in seoul for this plot and its yeosu cuz myungsoos parents used to live in jeolla-do...) and told my parents! What am I going to say to them now?”

Myungsoo struck your last nerve and thoroughly annoyed, you whipped your pillow at him, sitting up in a disgruntled mess. Narrowing your eyes, you hiss out, “Did you not hear a word I said Kim Myungsoo? I just told you I had a night shift last night.” Getting up from your bed, you whip your second pillow at him. “A night shift from which you were supposed to pick me up from. Go ahead and check your phone why don’t you.” You give him a stare daring him to not take a look, your arms crossed in front of you and your foot tapping dangerously.

Slowly, Myungsoo drew out his phone and after checking his notifications, a sheepish look crossed his face. “We had practice last night…and I kind of crashed when we got to the dorm…”

Smiling tight-lipped, you say, “Oh I guessed it must have been something like that, despite the fact you had promised to pick me up and spend the night here, but that’s not the point here. Did you happen to see what time I’d called you?”

Myungsoo’s eyes shifted around your room, refusing to settle on yours as he quietly muttered, “4:30 in the morning…but…what about my parents?”

“Despite the fact that you now know exactly how many hours of sleep I have had, 2 to be exact, and that I’d been on my feet running around constantly for 8 hours, you still have the nerve to ask me to go with you?”

Needing to exact your anger out on him somehow, you noticed your slippers lying by your feet. Picking them up, you whip one after the other at him and a little bit of satisfaction coursed through you when one hit their mark. Still not content at this, you spy your water bottle on the nightstand and pick it up.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened and he put his hands up to protect his face. “You aren’t seriously thinking of throwing that are you?”

“Hmm…I don’t know Myung…You know how I get when I haven’t slept and yet you have the guts to ask me to make a three hour plus trip down to see your parents, a trip you never told me about.”

You hurl your bottle at him, aiming a bit high so that Myungsoo had to duck, but ensuring that he wouldn’t get hit, after all, you really didn’t want to hurt your boyfriend. Seeing his shocked expression, you suddenly feel all the energy drain from your body and fall down onto the floor in a crumpled mess, your legs having given out on you.

Worried, Myungsoo rushed to your side, “Are you okay ____? You’re not hurt are you?”

Letting Myungsoo cradle you to his side, you drop your head onto his chest and whimper, “I just want to sleep Myung. Please just let me sleep. Please.” You start to sob from the extreme tiredness you were feeling and horrible effect it was having on you.

Wincing guiltily, Myungsoo gently picked up your listless body and laid you down onto your bed. He quickly went and fetched your pillow and after resting your head onto it, he picked up your discarded blanket and covered you with it.

Sitting down on the bed next to you, Myungsoo gently patted your head. “I’m sorry about this, I’ll cancel with my parents and explain to them what’s happened and we’ll decide together another time to go visit. I’m sorry I forgot to pick you up and I’m sorry I woke you up.” Leaning down, he gave you a peck on your forehead.

With the last bit of energy you had, you quickly get up and give him a hug. “Don’t be sorry, it happens…but please don’t let it happen again will you?”, and flop back down.

Chuckling softly, Myungsoo replied, “Never again. This time I’ll double check before doing anything.”

Smiling, you mutter out sleepily, “And I’m sorry for throwing things at you…especially…the water…bottle…”, you let out a huge yawn and snuggle deeper into your blanket.

“It’s alright, just next time you decide to make me the object of your target practice, can you avoid my face?” Myungsoo said half jokingly and waited for your answer, but you were already fast asleep. Smiling to himself, he moved you over and lay down next to you, still patting you, but your shoulder rather than your head. “Sleep well ____.”, and he gave you another kiss on the forehead.

as always...to my WAY BEYOND AWESOME readers...please leave a comment about how yall found this oneshot!!!!positve or negative just leave it for me!!!!

also...YAY!!!!finally ive a request from someone i dont know!!!!happy happy!!!!after this oneshot ive got a yejun one to write but your kikwang oneshot will be next RedB2stlyRabbit17!!!!and to all other fellow readers...PLEASE follow her example and leave requests for me!!!!like ive said...i ONLY write upon request!!!!