True Love's Kiss

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to hanxiaoyi!!!!waaah...i wrote this so super late...sobs...im sorry...and i tried to be greasy!!!!...i dunno how well i managed to pull that off...seriously though...hats off to woohyun...its horribly hard to come up with cheesy lines like he does...

sooo...ill probs be changing that title...depends on what my sister says and perhaps feedback from you guys????how do you find it????thought it kinda flowed with the hopefully cheesy/greasy feel of this oneshot...anyways...BACK AGAIN!!!!...and i keep saying ill be writing more often but that doesnt turn out to be the case...hmm...from now on no such promises cuz wow...i never know what pile of bricks is going to hit me next...the bricks being work...anyways...hope you enjoy!!!!

Nam Woohyun

The trilling of your alarm clock knifed through your hazy dream state and you moan as you snuggle further into your blanket. When it didn’t stop, your arm s out to slam down against it before quickly returning to the warmth. As you close your eyes again to sleep, the damage had already been done and with every passing second you became more conscious. Turning your head, you stare at the red numbers blinking 5:30. That idiot really needs to have some sense knocked into him…it’s still dark outside… Getting up, you wrap the blanket around you like a cocoon and stare out at the early morning sky, though the snow on the ground gave it a slightly pinkish orange light. What possessed him to want to go skiing? Nope…rather than a nice comfortable and more importantly warm time at home, he wants to go skiing… With no choice, you force yourself out of the comfort of your bed and hurry to freshen up before the call of snuggly warmth became to strong to ignore.
Around 6:15 you were already on the road and heading toward your boyfriend’s house. Jagiya! Let’s see the sunrise together too! Why? Why do I agree to his stupid ideas? He’s not the one trudging it over in the cold… You had never been one for the winter and yet you found yourself forcing to embrace it because your boyfriend could hardly sit at home. Sighing, you tucked your scarf around you closer and shove your hands deeper into your pockets, regretting the entire walk over at not taking a cab despite the fact it was only a 10 minute walk over.
At long last you had reached and you rushed into the welcoming warmth that the lobby of the apartment complex promised. Standing in front of their door, you debate on whether to knock or ring the bell, but ultimately decide to text your boyfriend. Don’t want to wake the other members.
“____!”, your boyfriend exclaimed before gathering you in close for a tight hug.
Glad to be feeling another human’s warmth, you snuggle in closer and press your face to his chest, hoping it would help to warm up your frozen nose faster.
“Oh, your hands…” He grabbed your hands and placed them over his heart, “Let the warmth of my love heat them up for you.”
He’s already starting so early? With your hands still pressed against his chest, you gape up at him. “Starting so bright and early aren’t we Mr. Nam Woohyun-ssi?”
“Starting what?”
You looked pointedly at your hands and a sheepish, though somewhat satisfied smile, swept across his face. Shaking your head, you pull your hands free and walk further into the apartment.
Plopping down on the couch, you hang your head backwards to look at the approaching figure of your boyfriend. “How can you say stuff like that so easily? Do you practice or something because wow…those lines…just…wow…”
Bending down, Woohyun just gave you his toothy grin. “How else am I supposed to express my love for you darling?” Giving you a kiss, he disappeared into the kitchen. “Do you want something to drink?”
“Hmm…I think coffee would be wonderful.”
As he busied himself with the preparation, you huddled into a ball to warm up some more. Soon the room was filled with the delicious aroma of brewing coffee and not to long after a cup of the steaming drink was placed in front of you. Grabbing the cup, you grip it in two hands and sigh in contentedness as you felt yourself begin to warm up immediately. Just as you were beginning to wonder where Woohyun had gone, a blanket was draped across your shoulders. Wrapped in a blanket and with your coffee in hand, you felt like it was the perfect moment.
Wrapping his arm across your shoulder, Woohyun nestled down beside you. “So how’s the coffee?”
“It’s perfect, thank you! Not too sweet or bitter…why can’t it ever turn out like that when I make it?”
“It’s just my lo-”, Woohyun was beginning to say but you hurridly clapped your hand over his mouth.
“No…enough grease for the morning okay?” At Woohyun’s nod you remove your hand. “I will never be able to understand how you can say those words by yourself…tell me, are these greasy things a matter of the moment or are they premeditated?”
Woohyun just gave you a sly smirk and nodded toward your coffee. As the two of you sat side by side, it suddenly struck you that you were here for the sunrise. Looking at the clock you noticed that it was already nearly 7:30, but looking out the window you couldn’t see any sign of the sun. That’s strange…the sky usually starts to turn pinkish by now… 7:40 came and passed and it was 8 in the matter of minutes and though the sky had lightened considerably, there had been no sign of a sunrise.
“Hyun…what direction does your apartment face?”
“Hmm? I think…the west? Why?”
Putting your nearly empty cup down on the table, you turned slowly toward him. “The west?”
“Yeah…why?”, he said with more dread in his voice.
“Do you know which direction the sun rises from?
“The eas…t…”
“And do you know what time I’ve been here from?”
“6…ish…”
“Good to see that grease hasn’t clogged up your brain.” You fell back against the sofa in exasperation. “I woke up so early for no reason! I could be sleeping in my cozy, warm, snuggly bed…”
“There is always my room you know…”
You raised an eyebrow at him. “Really? Your room? While your members are here? I don’t think so Hyun.”
“Why?”, Woohyun said pleadingly. “It’s not like we’re doing anything! Plus they won’t be awake for like another hour or so…and…I’m also…a bit…tired.” And in an effort to convince you, he gave a huge exaggerated yawn. “Ah, I didn’t even realize how sleepy I was…how are my eyes still open?”
And with that, he turned his puppy dog gaze at full blast on you. Rolling your eyes, you shrug in response, giving in to him as you always did when Woohyun gave you that look. Might as well get some more sleep right? What’s the harm… Plus, snuggling with Woohyun is the best feeling ever! Grabbing your hand, Woohyun pulled you up from the couch and lead you to his room. Entering it, you suddenly felt the tiny space overwhelmingly small after having been in the living room.
As Woohyun closed the door, the room fell into pitch darkness. “At least there won’t be any light to disturb us right?”, you whisper as you feel your way to the mattress on the floor.
Finding the mattress, you lay down carefully and before long, you felt Woohyun’s warmth join you underneath the covers. Arms encircled your waist and you were pulled closer to Woohyun’s chest. Since he was lying on his back, you placed your head on his chest and your hugged him back. With the steady beating of Woohyun’s heart under you hand and the measured rising and falling of his chest soon lulled you into a deep sleep.
Somewhere in the distance you heard a weird noise, something like laughing, but not really. As your brow furrowed in an attempt to figure out what it was, you suddenly felt yourself being hit by something. Well, not you exactly, but you’d gotten the brunt of it. Peeking an eye open you see a pillow covering Woohyun’s face with Sunggyu standing over the two of you. You bolted upright and with his arms free, Woohyun took the same pillow he’d been hit with and whipped it at the leader.
“Yah! What was that for?” Sitting up himself, Woohyun rubbed away the sleep that was still lingering.
He looks so adorable with his hair mussed up from sleep. As you continued to admire the cuteness of your boyfriend, you heard that same weird noise that had woken you up. Turning toward the door, you saw the five other boys all pressed into the doorway. The source of the sound was the attempt to muffle Dongwoo’s loud guffawing with a hand. Seeing that you’d noticed them, Hoya took his hand away and Dongwoo dissolved into laughter. Of course he’d think it was funny to be woken up like this…
“It just looked like you were going to eat ____ in her sleep is all.”, Sunggyu gave an angelic smile and walked toward the door. “But now that you are awake…would you care to join us for breakfast?”
As the boys left the room, Woohyun got up. “Did you sleep well?”
Taking his outstretched hand, you pull yourself up too. “Yup. Though I think that a few more minutes, maybe even an hour or two would have been better.”
“But it’s already…What?! It’s already 11! We were supposed to be on the road by now!”
Pouting, you tug at Woohyun’s hand and pointed toward his bed. “Or we could just stay here and spend the day sleeping…or inside in the warmth…”
Woohyun shook his head vigorously and dragged you out of the room. “Nope, today we go skiing, no backing out.”
Sighing, you just allow yourself to be pulled into the kitchen. You entered with the expectation that something would be laid out at the table, but all you saw was five boys sitting with nothing in front of them and neither any intention of getting anything.
“Yah, is this how you treat guests?”, Woohyun asked as he himself plopped right down too, his actions belying his words.
“We can finally eat good food…do you really think we’d cook something when ____ is here?”, Sunggyu said.
Wanting to avoid the cold for as long as possible, you set out trying to make the most complicated lunch that was possible with the limited fresh food the boys had in their kitchen, which turned out to be nothing more than simple kimchi jjigae. Their impatience and hunger grew as you proceeded to cut everything precisely and slowly that in the end, Woohyun got fed up and decided to help you.
“You know it doesn’t have to be perfect right? As long as it’s edible we’ll eat it. Why don’t you work on the other stuff while I finish cutting the vegetables hmm?”
With your knife snatched away, you had no choice but to start on preparing the jjigae, yet your strategy had worked as the steaming hot pot was placed down onto the table an hour later. Without a word, the boys grabbed their spoon and dug in. All around you, you heard the slurps and clinks of the dinner table and by the time you were ready to start eating yourself, half of the jjigae was finished. Having eaten so ravenously, it was no surprise that just a little later, the boys were sitting back in their chairs, rubbing their now full stomachs.
“Noona that was so good.”, Sungjong praised while Myungsoo beside him nodded while looked into the empty pot hoping miraculously there would be more.
“Okay! Now that we’re done with that, let’s go ____!”
Sighing inwardly, all you could do was nod listlessly as Woohyun ordered the members to clean up. As Woohyun went to prepare all that was needed for your ski trip, you sat curled on the couch praying that by some random chance, something would happen to prevent your going. With every second that ticked by, hope faded as no reason made its appearance. Sighing, you turn to the window and to your surprise, big, fat snowflakes were beginning to fall. As you continued to watch, they began to fall faster and faster until the world outside had all but turned white. It’s…it’s snowing…
“Ready?”, Woohyun exclaimed as he came out decked out head to toe in skiing gear. With a gleeful smile you just pointed to the window. “What? …Oh…that…”
“It’ll be too dangerous to drive right? That’s too bad…” Seeing the dejected look on your boyfriend’s face, you try to tone down the glee, but in the end just end up sounding strained.
“I guess…I’m going to go change…” Shoulders bent forward and head down, Woohyun went back into the room he had just exited seconds before.
He was really looking forward to it wasn’t he? I wonder…when was the last time he was able to play in the snow? They’ve been so busy recently, what with their world tour and all their promotions… Why do I feel so guilty about being so happy at this turn of events?!
When Woohyun came back out again, this time in his normal clothes, he plumped down beside you. Shifting your weight, you lean in to him and give him a tight side hug. “I’m sorry this had to happen…we’ll definitely go the next time you’re free okay?”
Giving you a beaming smile, Woohyun just nodded and like that, in an instant, his disappointment was washed away. “Now I get to spend some time at home with my jagiya without having to worry! Want to watch a movie?”
Nodding, you unfold the blanket that you had left rest at the end of the sofa and spread it out for the two of you. When Woohyun sat back down, you promptly placed your legs over his lap as you leant against the armrest. Hearing the beginning sounds of the movie, the members who had slowly disappeared into their own rooms appeared.
Shaking his head, Woohyun pointed back to the direction of their rooms. “Nope, this is a date, go away!”
Infinite being infinite ignored his words and soon the other six members had settled down into the living room, some on the rest of the couch and others on the floor. You’d requested a romantic comedy and as much as the boys complained they soon became absorbed into it. Halfway through the movie, you switch positions and lean into Woohyun’s side, his arms wrapped around your shoulders and your right had was entwined with his free one. A couple of bowls of popcorn later, the movie was finished and everyone got up to stretch.
Folding the blanket again, you wondered what you were going to do next. The options were limited seeing as how you were confined to the small apartment, so you began to think about starting on dinner, until you remembered they had barely anything left in their fridge. Would it be alright to go out to shop?
“Oh, the snow’s stopped!”, Sungjong exclaimed and true enough, the flurries had stopped and left behind it a pristine layer of white fluff.
Grinning his childish grin, Sungyeol turned around to face everyone. He’s going to suggest a snowball fight isn’t he? “How about we have a snowball fight? Loser has to buy us dinner!”
At the unanimous nod of agreement from everyone, it was decided, a fight to the death was going to occur. I was never destined to avoid the snow was I? With everyone split into half, you all trudged out. As the boys built a make shift fort and started on the snowballs, you stood in the back, waiting for it all to finish.
Sunggyu called in you and the rest of the team. “Okay, here’s the plan, ____ will be in charge of making the snowballs, Woohyun you distract the others, Dongwoo you attack and I’ll try to sneak over to their side to grab their flag okay?”
A war cry erupted from the boys and soon the game had begun. Snowballs began to fly with no particular aim and the shouts of all the boys were heard as they began their attacks. Sitting behind the low wall, you did as you were told, but soon found that the pile of snowballs had slowly turned into a mountain. Turning, you peeked over the wall and saw a mess. Sunggyu’s strategy had been abandoned and it seemed as though it had become every man for himself.
“Oh what the heck.”, you muttered to yourself.
Loading your arms with as many snowballs as you could carry, you left the safety of the fort. Armed with a snowball in hand, you threw it at anyone who came too close and soon you found yourself face to face with Sungjong behind their own fort.
“Noona.”, he simply said, the serious glint in his eyes shining brightly.
“Sungjong”, you said back just as gravely. “Don’t make me hurt you Sungjong, you know how much I like you, just let me take your flag and it’ll all be over.”
“You know I can’t let you do that Noona.”
“You leave me no choice then.”, you sighed out dramatically before launching the remaining supply of snowballs you had one after another. With each snowball thrown, you took a step closer until finally you were right in front of the flag. Grabbing it, you let out a cheer. Turning to the snow riddled maknae, you give him a pat on the back. “Sorry about that, I’m sure you understand.”
As his team came running to verify that indeed Sungjong had surrendered the flag, your team came over to congratulate you. As you walked toward to Woohyun, you suddenly slipped on the packed snow and tumbled into his arms.
“Fallen head over heels for me have you? Don’t worry, the arms of love are always here to catch you.”, he murmured as he winked.
Shaking your head, you righted yourself. “You just don’t stop do you, Hyun?”
In the background you heard the losing team complain about the orders that were spewing from Sunggyu and Dongwoo’s lips. The fog of your breath mingled with Woohyun’s and you noticed how pink he had turned.
“We should head back in before any of you get sick…”, you say as you lightly touch his almost red nose.
“Hmm, your lips look a little blue.” As Woohyun bent his head closer to you, he whispered, “Here, let me warm them up with mine.”
Arms had wrapped around you and he gave you a sweet kiss. As much as I’m cringing, that actually wasn’t too bad of a line…knowing him it could have been much worse, but still…too much grease! As you parted, you gave Woohyun a sweet smile…right before you rubbed your snow covered gloves all over his face.
“What was that for?!”, Woohyun exclaimed as he gasped from the cold.
“I thought you needed to cool down a little, your lips I found, were too hot.”, you say giggling.

...hides face in hands...oh...my...god...it was horrible...really...ive been stressing over the grease factor...probs one reason why it took me so long to finish alongside with uni...i started writing this in the start of jan...I AM STILL CRINGING!!!!

oh...and by the way...this is the unedited version...sis has an exam on saturday so didnt wanna bother her...if you guys noticed any mistakes please let me know!!!!otherwise ill be replacing this with the edited version after...

anyways...yall know what to do!!!!please leave me your thoughts below!!!!thnxies!!!!

and if you guys have any requests...just leave them down here for me!!!!any pending ones will be in the table of contents so you can check em out there...also...ive decided to change things up a little bit...as much as i luv to come up with ideas and stuff...it does take quite a bit of time to think one up so if you could just leave me a short blurb or like a theme or something along with your request it would be much appreciated!!!!