A Lighted Spark

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to myungsoosgirl!!!!i hope you like it!!!!...i tried to make it as fluffy as i possibly could!!!!...im not quite sure i accomplished it...hmm...and sooo sorry for writing this so late!!!!THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING THOUGH!!!!made my day!!!!and thank you for your comments too!!!!

...and yes...i know its for new years eve and its already the end of january...but itd already started writing it and i didnt want to change the plot...took me a whole month to write this cuz i had to do it in bits and pieces cuz i was sooo busy...i dont even know doing what...anyways...HOPE EVERYONES HAVING A GOOD START TO THE NEW YEAR!!!!have fun reading!!!!

L

It was the last day of the year, the time to close one chapter and start another one fresh with a blank page waiting to be filled with your story. You quite looked forward to New Year’s Eve, though it didn’t really seem to be as important as you had thought it to be when you were younger. Before you’d have gone home and joined your family in celebration, throwing a party so that all the ones near and dear to you could help bring in the new year. This year though there was no party, no family gathering, nothing special really. You’d stayed behind in Seoul due to your studies and though university was let out for the past month, you had been working. Another factor that impacted your decision was your boyfriend of nearly a year. This was the first time you’d be celebrating New Year with a boyfriend and you were looking forward to it. Now I won’t be that lonely third party watching all the other couple’s kiss at the of 12!

Waking up, you glanced at the clock and saw that it was nearly noon and you jumped out of bed in a rush,. You had slept in much longer than you had anticipated and you didn’t have much time before your boyfriend arrived to pick you up. Hurriedly brushing your teeth and washing your face, you grab yourself a muffin and pour yourself a cup of coffee. With your breakfast in hand, you went back to your room and stood in front of your open closet, studying its contents seriously. What to wear…what to wear? It can’t be normal date stuff, but it can’t be too over the top either. Hmm…how do I find the perfect compromise? As you ate, you plucked out shirts and pants and leggings and dresses and whatever else your hand touched and laid them across the bed. Finishing your muffin, you now stare at the mess on your bed with your coffee in your hands.

“I think pants are out, it’s surprisingly warm today so I think I could go for one of those sweater dresses.” You tossed all the jeans and shirts off the bed and were left with a handful of sweater dresses and leggings. In the end you decide to go with a white cable knit sweater dress paired with black leggings. It was comfortable yet it didn’t seem too casual. You took out a pair of gray boots with a pretty high heel and though it was winter and not exactly the safest choice, you didn’t want to wear anything else. You also took out your gray jacket and then decided to pick out your jewelry. Since your boyfriend liked your hair down, you took out a pair of flower studs made out of cloth and a headband that matched. Even though you don’t normally wear rings, you decide to take out your silver angel wing. Laying the accessories down on the bed, you survey the completed outfit. I think that’ll do. Happy, you finish up your coffee and just as you were about to start getting ready, you received a text message.

Hey, I’ll be there soon. Be ready okay?

You stare at your phone in surprise. He’s going to be here soon? He’s going to be here soon! I’m not even dressed! Hurriedly, you throw the phone onto the bed and gather your clothes and rush into the bathroom, showering as fast as you could and dressing at just the same pace. You quickly fix up your hair and put on your accessories. Everything on, you quickly apply the little make up you put on, on went the foundation, eyeliner, a hint of eye shadow and lip gloss. Just as you were putting the lip gloss back, you heard the doorbell ring, signaling the arrival of your always prompt boyfriend. You give yourself a quick look over and satisfied that you weren’t looking too shabby, you grab your coat and heels and rush to answer the door.

Breathless, you pull open the door to see your boyfriend’s finger poised over the doorbell to ring it once again. “Hi! Come in.”, you say breathing heavily.

“Just finished getting ready?”, he asked as he entered with a smile.

“Nope! I was ready ages ago, I just thought it’d be fun to race to the door and greet you with that image of me.”, you say rolling your eyes sarcastically.

Laughing, he just gave you a hug. “Please tell me you ate breakfast though.”

You wrinkle your nose at the teasing look in your boyfriend’s eyes. “Yes I did Myungsoo…this time.”

You blush as you recall your previous dates where your stomach would embarrassingly growl with hunger because in your rush you would forget to eat. I should make that my new year’s resolution, being on time without rushing!

“Do you want something to eat or drink Myung?”, you ask him while you grab your bag and put on your shoes.

“No, let’s just go, we’ve got a lot of things to do today.” He took the coat from your hands and helped you into it. Looking down, he noticed the heels and raising an eyebrow, he asked, “Do you really think it’s safe for you to be out in those shoes? It did snow last night and there might be ice.”

You blush again. Clumsy old me…maybe I shouldn’t wear them…but no! They match your outfit perfectly, they’re staying.

“Don’t worry, I’ll always have you to catch me right?”, you say smiling brightly up at him.

“That is if I don’t fall down first.”, he ruffled his hair with his hand. “Anyway, let’s go, it’s already past noon.”

Walking out, you’re hit with a wave of wind and though it was relatively warm, above -5ºC, the wind was still bitingly cold. It seemed as though the cold pierced straight to you to your bones. It’ll be alright as long as we aren’t out for long…I hope we aren’t out… Myungsoo hadn’t told you anything about what you were planning to do, he wanted it to be a surprise. Since he didn’t have his license yet, his manager sat in his idling car in front of your apartment building.

“Oh, where’s the company van Myungsoo?”.

The few times that Myungsoo picked you up for dates was in the van, but most of the time you would go to the arranged meeting yourself. It wasn’t very inconspicuous if you were seen in the van too often, the downfall to being the girlfriend of an idol, you had to keep a low profile. Myungsoo and you had talked about maybe revealing your relationship to the public, but both of you thought it would be better for you if it was kept a secret for as long as it could be. Fans could be scary, very scary.

“It stands out too much, you’d be surprised how many fans can recognize our car. Come on, he’ll only drop us off at Lotte World, after that we’ll take the bus or taxi or whatever.”

You nodded in agreement and after greeting his manager, the two of you settled into the back for the short drive to the shopping mall. What’re we going to do there? There’s shopping, that amusement park and ice skating. Well, any of the three is good. During the drive you asked after the rest of the Infinite members and found that most of them had gone home for the holidays. Since Myungsoo’s family lived in Seoul, it was no problem for him to come and meet you.

“Is your family alright with you spending New Year’s Eve with me?”, you asked as you linked your arm with his and leaned your head against his shoulder.

“Yup, in fact they’re glad. We should go visit them sometime.”

Just as Myungsoo was dropping his head to lean against yours, you jerk it up in surprise at his statement and both of you banged heads. It hurt less for you, but you saw Myungsoo clutch his head and let out a small cry of pain.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry! Are you okay?”, you worriedly reach for the part you hit and touch it lightly.

Wincing, Myungsoo let go of it and turned to you with a smile. “I’m fine, it was more shock than pain really.”

Thankfully it seemed as though Myungsoo had forgotten what he had been talking about. Meeting the parents…not something I’m really eager to do…but no more thinking about this! Today’s about you and Myungsoo and no one else… You finally arrived and after saying goodbye to his manager, the two of you walked into the enormous shopping mall. Grabbing your hand, Myungsoo silently led you to the floor below where you could see the figures of people skating around.

“We’re going ice skating?”, you ask gleefully. Myungsoo just nodded in response. “Yay! I haven’t gone skating in ages! I wonder if I can still skate?”

“Don’t worry, you’ll have me there to catch you remember?”

You smile delightedly, momentarily forgetting that your boyfriend had a habit of slipping on stable ground and who knew what disaster lay on the ice. You waited in front of the girl’s change room while Myungsoo went to rent out the skates. You had tried insisting on going rather than him, but he pointed to his scarf which was wrapped up to his nose. When he was outside, the sunglasses he wore provided a pretty good cover, but inside with them off you were worried he would be recognized. His eyes are quite striking…but then again I am his girlfriend and I find him awfully handsome. Let’s just hope the attendant’s a man, there shouldn’t be too many male Inspirit fans who would recognize him by his eyes. Plus…ugh…girls…always falling for the first handsome man to come into sight. Thankfully when Myungsoo came back it seemed as though detection had been avoided and for the time being, and hopefully for the rest of the day, you two would be left in peace. You hurry in and change into the skates and taking your first step on the rubber mats, you fall as your balance had been completely off.

“Aish, you’d think ice skating would be like riding a bike!”, you mutter as you slowly sit up and check to make sure you hadn’t hurt yourself.

Crawling to the lockers that lined the wall, you stand up gripping them and look for a free one to put your shoes in. Finding one, you put in the money to open it and go to put your heels only to find you’d left it back on the bench you had sat on to change. Great…well hopefully I’ll be able to practice balancing and keep myself from looking like the complete fool I am. With the lockers at a close enough distance to grab, you try walking toward your shoes. This time you had avoided falling, though you had relied on the lockers quite a few times. On your way back, heels in hand, you fared better not needing the lockers once though you were still wobbly. I’m fine with wobbly, falling on my …not fine. Walking out of the change room, you saw Myungsoo standing waiting for you, surprisingly well balanced on the skates.

He let out a laugh when he saw stumbling toward him. “I thought you said you knew how to skate?” He grabbed both your hands, stabling you when you neared him.

“I do know…I just need time getting used to them again.”

“Just hold on to me alright?” Myungsoo held onto your hand tightly with his left hand while his right arm was wrapped lightly around your waist, ready to catch you.

You grip onto the side rails as you inched onto the ice. Myungsoo slid on pretty gracefully and skating over to you, he convinced you to let go of the rails and hold onto his hands. Skating backward, your hands in his, he slowly led you around the rink. This feels so good…very romantic-ish I think. We should have done this sooner! Just as you two were finishing one lap, clumsy Myungsoo struck as he stumbled over his skates and fell, dragging you down with him.

“Oww…I thought you said you were good Myung!”, you mutter as you rub your ankle, having twisted around so that you wouldn’t cut him.

Red in the face, Myungsoo didn’t say anything but slowly got up and helped you up too. Brushing the ice shavings off of him, he asked, “Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“No…are you?” You knew how sharp skates were, having cut yourself when you stupidly ran your fingers over the blades when you first learned.

“I’m good, but I think it’s best if we don’t hold hands anymore…”

“I agree and don’t worry about me, I told you I could skate.” And you proceeded to glide ahead of him, albeit a little wobbly, but less than before for sure.

The two of you skated around for about an hour more, falling and stumbling occasionally but that was to be expected. Near the end, the two of you held hands again while skating, but made sure to go very slow to prevent another accident. Having skated after a long time, your legs were starting to tire out and you knew that you’d had enough of the ice for the day.

“Hey Myung, can we get off now? I’m starting to get tired…”

Nodding, Myungsoo headed toward the exit. Skating behind him, you got lost in your thoughts and forgot to pay attention to where you were going. As Myungsoo opened the door to step off the rink, you forgot to slow down nearing him and instead bumped into him, pushing both of you off the ice onto the rubber around the outer side of the rink in a tangled mess.

“Oof.”, Myungsoo exclaimed as you fell atop him and knocked his breath out of his chest.

Scrambling off of him, you use the side rails to stand up and then offered a hand to him. “Are you okay? Oh my gosh I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking…sorry…”

Breathing heavily, he tried to catch his breath. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” Sitting up, he brushed your hand away before getting up. “Did you think you could pull me up? Without falling?” Shaking his head, he lead the way to the change rooms. “Let’s get out of these skates as fast as we can huh?”

You quickly entered, grabbed your heels and sat down to change. When you took the ice skates off, it felt as if your feet were floating in the air. Now this is the feeling I missed most from skating… Hurriedly, you put on your heels and the feeling immediately disappeared, your heels feeling too much like the skates. Walking out, you return the dangerous skates and sit on the bench in front of the rental shop waiting for Myungsoo. When he came out and returned the skates, you grabbed a hold of his hand.

“Are you sure you’re okay Myung? Not hurt anywhere?”

“No, I’m not, just relax okay?”, he sighed. “Now what do you want to do?”

Though you were still worrying over the last fall, you reply cheerfully. “Something hot to drink! And I know you wouldn’t mind a bite or two would you?”

“Alright then, I know a really nice café near here.”

Myungsoo and you walked out of the warmth of the mall and into the cold of the outside. Arms linked with Myungsoo, you tried to stick as close to him as possible to shelter yourself from the wind, but it wasn’t working too well.

Controlling your shivering, you ask him through frozen lips, “How much further Myungsoo?”

“Not that long, why? Are you cold?” Myungsoo looked down, but even as you were shaking your head no, your teeth chatter involuntarily. “Don’t lie, didn’t I tell you to dress warmer? Look, you don’t even have a scarf.”

He unwrapped the scarf around his neck, a really long scarf at that, and stopped you. Standing in front of you, he took one end of it and wrapped it once around your neck and then he wrapped the other half around his neck. He then proceeded to tug the scarf here and there and when satisfied, he took a hold of your hand and put it into his pocket.

“Put your other hand into your pocket, seriously…they’re frozen.”, and with that Myungsoo continued walking nonchalantly.

You said nothing but smiled to yourself. It’s like everything I wanted to do in a relationship he just manages to do without being told. Finally the café was found and Myungsoo ushered you over to a table by the windows. You ordered a hot chocolate and a slice of cheesecake and Myungsoo ordered coffee and the same cake. As you waited for your order, the two of you talked. He didn’t really have a schedule since Infinite wasn’t promoting so you made more plans to meet up. At the sight of your order, you realized just how hungry you were and the first bite of cheesecake was heavenly.

“Mmm, I haven’t had cheesecake in so long.”

Your hot chocolate was just as you liked it, steaming hot and frothy with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Taking a sip, you could feel the cream spreading all over your lips. You quickly the cream away, not wanting to seem like a child who couldn’t drink without being messy.

“You left some there.”, Myungsoo said, pointing to his lip where the extra bit of cream was.

Using his finger as a guide, you go to clean it. “Gone?” Myungsoo shook his head so you tried again. “How about now?”

“Ah, forget it, I’ll do it.”

As Myungsoo leaned over the table closer to you, your eyes widened and a certain scene from a certain drama popped into your mind. Oh my god, he’s not planning on doing that foam kiss thing is he? No he can’t! Not with all these people here!

You quickly cover your mouth with your hand and say softly, “You can’t kiss me here Myung! It’s embarrassing!”

Myungsoo stopped and stared at you. “What makes you think I’m going to kiss you? I was just going to wipe it away…”

That is when you noticed the tissue in his outstretched hand and you blushed a furious shade of red at your misunderstanding.

“It’s alright, I’ll do it myself.”, and you grab the tissue and wipe your mouth in such a way that the cream had no choice but to be wiped away.

Myungsoo sat back down chuckling. “What was going through that mind of yours huh?”

Blushing again, you don’t reply, but take a huge bite of the cake. You two quickly finish your drinks and cake and head back out into the cold, but this time with your insides warmed from the refreshments. There was one last place to go, so you followed Myungsoo onto the bus. His manager had left, so there was no other choice but to take the bus and you hoped that Myungsoo would still be able to hide his identity the whole time. The bus ride was long, about two to three hours and though Myungsoo tried hard to keep awake, he ended up drifting off soon. You guide his head down onto your shoulder and hoped that it was more comfortable. Poor Myung…he could very well have asked to stay at home today but instead he chose to go out with me. Next time I’ll insist we have an indoors date, he needs to make up for all the lack of sleep. By the time you reached your destination, night had fallen. Waking Myungsoo up, the two of you got out and stood by the bus stop. While Myungsoo tried to shake off the sleep, you took a look around and wondered exactly what you were doing in Jongno.

“Hey Myung…why’d we come so far to Jongno? It’s already past 9 and it’ll take just as long to go back home as it did to come here.”

“Well I’m not planning to let you go home until after midnight so it’s fine. Plus we won’t have to worry about the bus, hyung’s going to pick us up.”

“Oh, that’s good, I don’t feel so safe waiting for the bus so late anyways, but still…what are we doing here?”

“To see the fireworks at Bosingak, apparently it’s one of the best places to watch New Year’s fireworks.”, Myungsoo said elated, the excitement showing obviously on his face.

“Okay…but…it’s just 9 right now, what’re we supposed to do for the next 3 hours?”

“Oh…I hadn’t thought about that…How about we eat dinner first?”

And with that, the two of you went on a hunt for a restaurant to eat at. Most required reservations and seeing as how it was New Year’s Eve, most of them were booked. It struck 10 and you still hadn’t found a place to eat, and just as you were about to suggest grabbing a sandwich from a nearby café, you two finally stumbled upon a restaurant with a canceled reservation. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was cozy and not too overtly romantic, which pleased you, this was the type of place you felt comfortable in. All the walking you had done had worked up a serious appetite in both of you. Dinner was mostly silent as you were both focused on filling your empty stomach, but when desserts came, you two were able to converse freely again. You talked about the heavy course load you had this semester in university and Myungsoo told you about Infinite’s upcoming plans and the drama’s he was thinking of auditioning for. By the time dinner was finished, there was less than an hour left until the new year was rung in. The two of you just walked up and down the street, window shopping to pass the time and when there were 20 minutes left, the two of you quickly order something warm to drink while you waited at the pavilion and hurried over to make sure that you got a good spot to watch the fireworks.

“Wow…I did not expect this many people! And it’s freezing too…”, you uttered, shocked at the mass of people gathered.

Wrapping his arm around your shoulders and he pulled you closer to him. “Didn’t I tell you that this is supposed to be one of the best places to ring in the New Year in Seoul?”

“Well…that’s a bit too early to tell isn’t it? I guess we’ll find out in another 10 minutes.”

“I’m sure it’ll be worth it.” As people jostled into you, his grip on you strengthened. “Stick close okay? Don’t want you getting lost in this crowd.”

Nodding, you tried to walk as close to Myungsoo as you could. Finally the two of you stopped and stood in one spot. Finishing your drinks, Myungsoo went and threw the cups away and hurried back to you.

“How much time left now Myung?” Checking his phone, you saw that there were only three minutes left. “Waah, midnight’s so close! I can’t wait!”

The two of you turned toward the pavilion and as you stood waiting, Myungsoo moved and hugged you from behind. Leaning back into him slightly, you waited the short while before the countdown started. When it started, you turned around so you were facing Myungsoo and you wrapped your arms around his waist.

Looking up, you stared him in the eyes. “I’m glad I’m here with you today Myungsoo, I hope all that awaits us in 2013 is more of the happiness we’ve had this past year.”

Bringing his face closer to yours, Myungsoo whispered, “Not just this year, but for many, many more too.”

And as the crowd shouted out 1, Myungsoo’s lips met yours and you had your first New Year’s kiss with the most perfect man that you could have ever hoped for. Eyes closed, you hear the bang of the first of the fireworks to go off, but you were too busy enjoying the fireworks inside you to look at the ones lighting the sky.

sooo...how was it????...did i achieve fluffyness????please let me know what yall thought of it!!!!thnxies!!!!

and as usual...just drop me any requests yall have!!!!i shall write them up no matter what!!!!...late as they might be...so just to keep yall updated ive got gikwang,xiumin,kevin and song joong ki lined up!!!!

also...a note...had exams this month so thats why i havent updated sooner...but i should be able to write more in february!!!!so those will def be coming to you soon hopefully!!!!...after i update my other stories that is...but fingers crossed!!!!