Heatstroke

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

HELLO MY READERS!!!!I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!hope 2014 is better than 2013 for you all!!!!

and with the start of the new year...i have finally updated!!!!hopefully that means ill be updating more cuz you know...theres this thing my mom believes that what you do on the first day is kinda like foretelling of what you do during the years...yeah...no...i dont think it really works...but whatevs...sorry for not updating in like forever but with the first sem of uni...well...it was a tad bit troublesome adjusting and being a business student...sobs...yall wont believe how many of my days off and weekends ive spent in uni...ugh...anyways...I SHALL KEEP UP WITH THE NEW SEM!!!!AND WRITE MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!thanks for being so patient with me you guys...and...without further adieu...the oneshot!!!!

Lee Minhyuk

Staring at your calendar, you realize summer was nearing an end as you counted the days till university started. There’s only 4 days left…and I’ve yet to spend a day with Minhyuk… At the start of summer you had gone off to visit your grandparents, returning only at the end of July. You’d thought that you would be able to hang out with Minhyuk then, but he became busy with practices and recordings for their comeback. You know what, him and me both need a break…what’s one day right? Quickly checking the temperature for tomorrow, you call him.
“Hey, are you free tomorrow?”, you launch right in.
“Hi and I don’t know, I need to check…”, Minhyuk said, obviously taken aback. When there was silence from your end, he asked, “____, what’s this all about?”
“You haven’t gone to ask yet? Go!”
“I’m free in the evening.”
“Oh.” Feeling deflated, you felt your plans begin to crumble. “Is there no way to get away earlier?”
“Not tomorrow, no.” After a second’s pause, he asked again, “So are you ready to tell me what this is about?”
“It was nothing, I just thought it would be nice to spend some time together, go to the beach maybe…but it can’t be helped I guess.”
“Hold on just one second.”
As you traced aimless circles over tomorrow’s date, you heard a flurry of voices on the other end. Not bothered by it, you tried to think of something to do in the evening tomorrow. Dinner? A movie maybe? Something at home though…
“Still free for tomorrow?”, Minhyuk asked.
“But you just said you had a schedule…”
“No, I just have a schedule in the morning and the afternoon was for practice but I’ve managed to persuade our manager to change it to the day after tomorrow! Of course it’ll be a double practice…but I’m free!”
“Correction, we’re free!”, Sungjae’s voice sounded over the phone. “I can’t wait to go to the beach with you noona!”
“Me too Sungjae…”, you say laughing as Minhyuk took back the phone from the hijacking maknae. “So the deal comes with the other members huh?”
“Yeah…they weren’t going to agree to moving the practice otherwise… So I’ll see you around noon then?
Hanging up, you cheerfully get ready for tomorrow. You bought watermelons and other refreshing snacks and prepared a cold lunch to bring. My first time going to the beach this summer… Delighted, you fall into a restless sleep.
By 11, you’d been ready for 2 hours already and every so often, you would get up and make sure you’d packed everything. You were unable to sit still too long and as noon slowly approached, you were checking your watch constantly. Finally Minhyuk’s text came saying that they were just leaving. Hurrying over to the mirror, you quickly make sure that your sarong was tied nicely and fixed your hair. Picking up your bag, you wheel the cooler with the food down the hallway into the elevator. You drag it out to the parking lot and that was where the boys found you, sitting atop the cooler.
“Hey ____.”, Minhyuk greeted you. Giving you a quick kiss, he grabbed the cooler and walked with you to the car.
“We’re going in your car? But…is there room?”, you ask as you give a cynical glance toward the van and the other 6 boys.
“Yeah, don’t worry, we’ve put Sungjae on the floor.” When Minhyuk slid open the door, you saw that it was indeed true, Sungjae was sprawled in the little space between the front seats and the back. “Come on Eunkwang, give ____ the front seat.”
“What? No! No, I’m fine, please sit Eunkwang oppa.”, you raise your hands up in protest as Eunkwang was alighting from his seat.
Shrugging and giving you a grin, he got back in. “That’s not a problem for me.”
Minutes after leaving, you noticed that Sungjae was staring at you. Is there something wrong? Is there something on my face? Or is it my outfit…is it weird? Shrugging it off, you tune into the conversation the boys were holding about their upcoming comeback, but you could still feel Sungjae’s eyes on you.
“Noona…maybe it’s because we haven’t seen each other for so long…but you’ve gotten prettier.”, Sungjae said bluntly.
Blushing, you didn’t know where to look, so you look down at your hands.
“Yah! Prettier? My ____ can’t get any more beautiful than she already is, if she were…she…she wouldn’t be human!”
At your boyfriend’s words, your face set afire. I hate compliments! Ack…the atmosphere’s so weird now… What do I say?
Leaning forward, Hyunsik nodded. “You do look really pretty.”
When Ilhoon opened his mouth to speak, Minhyuk snapped. “Okay, we’ve established that my girlfriend looks beyond gorgeous today, let’s move on.” When Ilhoon went to speak again, Minhyuk glared at him. “What did I just say?”
“Hyung, I was just going to ask if we can stop for some food… What are you acting so weird for seriously? Someone would think that you’re jealous or something…”
You quickly butted in, not wanting Minhyuk to fall for Ilhoon’s bait for some merciless teasing at his, truth be told, strange behavior. “I packed some extra sandwiches, so who wants one? I’ve only 4 though…”
As you distributed the sandwiches, which were split in half, you noticed that Minhyuk had placed a hand on your knee possessively. Why he gets so jealous is beyond me…if anyone had to be it would be me…like I’m such a great catch…
Soon the boys were fast asleep, their hectic schedules getting to them despite the excitement of the day. With your hand tightly clasped in Minhyuk’s, you studied your boyfriend’s appearance. You could see the bruise-like shadows under his eyes from the lack of sleep and the lack of color in his face showed his exhaustion. As you watched, his head bent forward with the jerk of the car stopping and you gently take his head and guide it onto your shoulder. Maybe I shouldn’t have suggested this…they look like they could really use a day of just good old sleep… What if he gets sick from all this exhaustion? As much as you would have liked at that moment to turn the car around and head back to the dorm, you knew it would be a much bigger disappointment for they guys as they rarely had a day where they could just act like every other normal person their age.
At the first sight of the ocean, you gently nudged Minhyuk awake. “Look, it’s the sea!”, you pointed excitedly out the window. With the sun glistening off the water, the sight was almost blinding, but what a wonderful sight it was.
When the van pulled up into the parking lot, you and Minhyuk nearly fell in your scramble to get out. As the two of you grabbed some of the stuff and hurried to find a good spot on the beach, the manager woke the rest of the boys up. Finding a somewhat secluded area near a sand dune, you dumped your possessions and hurried to the water. As the waves crashed onto the beach, the cooler water startled you and made you shriek.
“Come on, let’s go in the water Minhyuk!” As you took your shirt off, you heard a low whistle come from behind you.
“Didn’t know you were the type to wear a bikini ____”, Hyunsik said.
“You’re wearing what?!” Minhyuk turned toward you with a look of horror on his face, which turned to fury in seconds when he realized that Hyunsik was still looking at you. “Yah! Is she something for you to stare at?” He quickly picked up your discarded shirt and put it over you.
You removed it once again and when he motioned to pick it up, you grabbed his hands. “Exactly what were you expecting Minhyuk? We came to a beach and I’m wearing my swimsuit…and I don’t want to get my shirt wet.”
Minhyuk relented, but he made sure you knew how he felt about it. Laughing, you proceeded to continue getting ready to go into the water. Five minutes later and any displeasure at your outfit was completely forgotten as the two of you played in the water. After a little bit, you decided to leave the boys to themselves and as you lay back on your towel, you smiled at the shouts of laughter that were coming from the ocean. Sitting under the umbrella, you read your book, waiting patiently for when they got hungry.
Lunch time came and despite the large meal that the boys had just inhaled, they demanded that a day at the beach was not complete until they had had ice cream. You and Minhyuk decided to walk to the small convenience store which allowed you the time alone you had been looking forward to all day.
“So, how have the preparations for your comeback been going?”
With his arm around your shoulder, you listened to the stories he had to tell, laughing while worrying at how busy they were on the inside. As you neared the store, you noticed that Minhyuk’s grip on your shoulder had tightened slightly and when you turned to look up at him, you saw that he was glaring at something. When you looked to see what it was, you noticed that some other guys on the beach were, well, they were staring at you.
Wrapping your arms around Minhyuk’s waist, you gave him a quick hug. “You know, if you keep glaring like that it might become a permanent thing right?” When he didn’t stop, you poked him in the tummy. “Stop it, you’re making me feel uncomfortable.”
Neither heeding your words or showing much sign that he had even heard them, he asked, “Where’s your shirt and your sarong? Why aren’t you wearing them? Aish, I don’t even have a towel with me…”
Rolling your eyes, you pointed to the store. “Because it’s hot and I’m still a little wet and the store is like a five minute walk away from our spot. Now come on, let’s go buy that ice cream and hurry back before the green eyed monster eats you up.
While you paid for the ice cream, Minhyuk disappeared from your side and when he still hadn’t returned, you stepped outside to wait for him. As you ate the cone in your hand, you suddenly felt something wrap around you. Turning around, you saw Minhyuk holding up a raincoat expectantly. Eyebrows raised in question, you just stared at him.
“I want you to wear it until we get back to everyone else. I don’t like anyone else looking at you like…like…like the way they do.”
You let out a laugh at the absurdity of his request. “So to avoid that you’re going to make me wear a raincoat on such a hot day? Really? Minhyuk, it doesn’t matter! I’m yours and no matter how many guys look at me, your eyes are the only ones that I care about! Now stop this nonsense and let’s go back.”
As you started to walk away, you felt a tug back. Grabbing the bag of ice creams from you, Minhyuk put the raincoat on for you. “Now we can go.”, and picking up the bag, Minhyuk lead the way, a huge smile lighting his face.
Narrowing your eyes at his back, you called out for him to wait. “Just give me a second okay? I just realized I wanted to buy something else too.” You quickly rushed into the store and within seconds were back out. Smiling sweetly, you held out your purchase to Minhyuk. “Minnie, would you be a dear and put this on for me too?” Minhyuk just gaped at the identical raincoat in your hands and when he still hadn’t budged, you did as Minhyuk had done. As you buttoned up the raincoat, you explained in a sugary voice, “You think I haven’t noticed the appreciative glances that the girls on the beach have been giving you all day? I think I’d feel a lot more comfortable if you had this on too. Now what’re you waiting for? The ice cream is going to melt!”
Skipping down the path you had taken, you laugh at Minhyuk’s surprise. Well, I’m not going to be the only one to suffer in this… He’s not the only one who can get jealous after all… You heard Minhyuk’s laughter from behind you and soon felt his arm wrap around your waist. Leaning down, he gave you a quick peck on your cheek and without a word, the two of you walked back while other beachgoers stared at the two of like you were crazy.

i wrote this in like parts over the sem sooo...heres to hoping its not that bad!!!!...and not as meh as i think it is...

sooo...as usual...feedback my lovelies!!!!howd yall find it????

and...as always too...if you have any requests for me...please leave them for me!!!!until next time!!!!...which shall be soon...i am going to try really really hard for it to be soon...