I Lost My Mind

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to caca1013!!!!...once again...i know its been ages since youve requested it and im sorry for not having written it sooner...but its up and thnk you sooo much for requesting it!!!!i absolutely luved writing it!!!!i hope you like it!!!!

yeah...so the title isnt really the best but i desperately wanted to put it in...the reason for which youll find out later...but yup!!!!also...the beginning might be a bit weird and awkward but i didnt want to just launch right into it so yeah...anywho...i hope you enjoy!!!!

Xiumin

Today was the day of your boyfriend’s first solo concert and EXO’s third anniversary and he had asked you to come, well more like demanded and you weren’t going to miss it for the world. Waking up, you were jittery with excitement, glad to see the day when EXO finally fulfilled the dream that all groups have, they were going to perform at the Seoul Olympic Park. As you got ready, you thought back to your relationship and everything EXO had done to reach this spot.

It had been nearly three years ago since you’d met Minseok while you were interning at SM Entertainment. You were the shy type so you were often alone during your breaks and lunch and that was how you two had first met, in the cafeteria during lunch. Though he didn’t tell you this until a couple months ago, it was your loneliness that had drawn him in.

***

It had been a long day, Minseok had just come back from Beijing for a concert that morning and you had finished your exams in the afternoon. Both of you were dead tired and had mutually decided to spend the day in watching movies. Sitting on the sofa, you had stretched out so that your feet were in his lap while your back was resting against the arm of the sofa.

Playing with your toes, Minseok suddenly turned to you. “Do you ever wonder why we became a couple?”

“You know, I don’t think I’ve ever thought about it before… I guess I just went along for the ride when you showed up at my table that lunch never questioning it.” You turned to peer curiously at your boyfriend’s childish face. “Now that you mention it, why did you come over that day? I was nothing but an intern…”

“I don’t know, I was just drawn to you…maybe it was because you looked so lonely?”

That statement irked you a little. You never liked it whenever someone talked about your shyness and you absolutely hated it when people thought it was their duty to rescue you from it, you had been happy alone and you were happy now too. “Oh, so you thought you’d be my dashing hero rescuing me from being a social outcast?”

At the tone of your voice his brows furrowed together. “No, I just felt drawn to you because I felt like I could relate. Even though the members know how to speak Korean and I had Jongdae too, it got quite lonely in China. Not being able to fully understand or speak the language, it was…it was restricting. When I saw you sitting there…I don’t know, I just had to go over.”

You give him a rueful smile and don’t say anything while you think over everything he said. It was true, while dating Minseok would often call you up in the middle of the night just wanting to hear your voice, even just your breathing. Even after he became fluent in Mandarin, there was nothing like the joy in his face when he stepped back onto Korean soil, knowing that this was his home and he belonged. It was quite similar to the joy you felt whenever you were with him, he made you feel comfortable and he got rid of the feeling of being an outcast or outsider. Around him all inhibition dropped and you were surprised with yourself when you actively interacted with the other EXO members, approaching them rather than waiting to be approached.

Giving him a small nudge with your foot, you say, “You made yourself my home.”

***

Dressed and ready, you leave to go to the stadium early in order to wish everyone good luck. When the taxi dropped you in front of the massive stadium, your heart swelled a little at the sight of it. Strange…I’ve been here before and for many concerts, but I’ve never had this feeling before. You decide to enter from the front rather than from the back entrance, wanting to see the stage and the expanse of empty seats waiting to be filled. Walking down slowly, your smile grows bigger and bigger by the minute as you imagine Minseok’s reaction to it all. How happy must he be right now? Everything he’s worked so hard for is now within reach…

As you enter the backstage, you’re quietly ushered to a seat in the corner as the throngs of people rushed by. Just as you’d entered the back, the members had gone out to do a mike check and rather than ducking out to wave hello, you decide to wait inside as you listened to their voices. Finally the check was done and they came filing in one by one to begin getting ready. Spotting your seated figure when he came in, Minseok headed toward you and you stand up to give him a hug.

“It looks amazing Minseok! Can you believe in just an hour all those seats will be filled?”

“Hey, don’t make me nervous! What if we make a mistake? What if something bad happens?” Minseok shook his head quickly. “I keep imagining things…just…”

Grabbing a hold of both his hands you force him to take deep breaths to calm down. “Nothing is going to happen other than blowing away every single Exotic out there okay? You guys have been preparing this for months, it’ll all be good!”

Giving you a strange look, Minseok just said, “Let’s just hope so.”, before giving you a quick kiss and disappearing to get ready.

With ten minutes left till the concert started, you quickly went over to wish all the members good luck. Giving them each a hug, you leave Minseok for last. Standing before him, you see the nervousness on his face and your heart starts to beat faster as you become nervous for him.

Smoothing his shirt at the shoulders, you try to control the tremors of excitement and nerves in your voice. “You’ll do just fine Minseok, in a matter of two hours you’ll have completed your first concert and by then you’ll be wondering why you were so nervous. So think about then and forget about them right now okay? I’ll be there cheering for you remember that!”

Minseok nodded and gave you a quick kiss. “You’re sitting near the front right?”

“Yup, I’ll be sitting wherever you’ve placed me. Make sure to look my way okay?”, you say teasingly.

Giving him another hug, you quickly leave so that you’ll be able to be in your seat by the time the show started. You’d been seated with the other SM artists, who you greeted. All of them greeted you with bright smiles, which you found strange, and a couple of the girls started whispering amongst themselves at your presence. Feeling a bit self conscious, you quickly take your seat and wait eagerly to the first beat of music to start. You’d think after three years of dating Minseok they’d have gotten used to me by now. Oh well…

With a bang, fireworks showered up and an intense intro began playing. As the intro slowly faded, another shower of fireworks announced the boys entrance to the stage and you could see their figures jumping up from under the stage and the beginning of Mama played. You could barely hear your heart beating over the loud music and the crazy cheering of Exotics, but you enjoyed that feeling as you let the music take you over completely. Mama finished and they did their introductions before launching into another song. Completely enraptured, you watch the concert with bright, sparkling eyes, pride at watching Minseok perform filling you completely.

The two hours were nearly up and the beginning chords of What Is Love began to play, but for some reason, the boys didn’t begin to sing, rather they let the instrumental track play as Minseok walked forward.

“Tonight we’ve prepared something special for a very special person. This person has stood by my side from our debut, supporting us from the sidelines unwaveringly. Even though I know at times it must have been hard because of all my schedules and though there were times we didn’t see each other for months on end, she never once strayed from my side. They mean a lot to me and a lot to the members as well, though they probably don’t realize it. I’ve decided to dedicate What Is Love to her and I hope she’ll understand what I’m trying to say through it.”

As Minseok continued with his speech, your eyes widened as you realized exactly what he was up to. You already felt your cheeks burning up and you were desperately wishing for a hole to appear to swallow you up. Is he mad? What is he doing? What will the fans do…what will the management say? Oh please don’t call me up, please please please… But contrary to your prayers, you felt a spotlight shine down on you and you heard the dreaded words echo all throughout the surprisingly silent stadium.

“Will you come up here ____?”, Minseok asked, his free hand outstretched toward you.

Knowing you had no choice, you get up slowly and make your way to the stage to the whispering of Exotics who were wondering what was going on. You felt your heart sink a little deeper with each step you took toward him and by the time you reached Minseok’s side, your face was flushed a deep red. Taking a hold of your hand, Minseok led you toward the center of the stage as the music started once again. Throughout the song you stared into Minseok’s eyes as he never left your side and you could barely hear the song through the rushing noise in your ears. When the song neared the end, Minseok let go of your hand to take something out of his pocket. As he slowly knelt down before you on one knee, your eyes widened even further and the shock from before was nothing compared to what you were feeling now. Wait…what…what is going on? What is this? Why’s he on his knees? I…I don’t understand… Is…is…is he proposing to me?

The music faded out and the stadium was filled with pin drop silence once again. You stared incredulously at Minseok as he opened the tiny box he had produced from his pocket to show you the gorgeous sparkling ring nestled amongst the deep purple velvet. This isn’t really happening…it’s all a dream isn’t it?

“____, around you I feel like a perfect man and as long as I’m by your side life is colorful.”, Minseok said grinning slightly as he spoke through the lyrics of the song. “I want to give you all the love of my life, I want to give you a never-ending happily ever after.” Taking the ring out now, he took hold of your left hand and hovered beside your ring finger. “Will you marry me ____ and make me the only hero of your heart?”

You stared at disbelief into Minseok’s eyes and saw them sparkling with his abundant love for you. Your head was ringing with surprise and happiness and confusion and, well, it was just a tangled mess of emotions. Your eyes flip between the ring and his face before you finally give a barely perceptible nod, not trusting yourself to speak without opening up the dam of tears that were threatening to spill down your cheeks. Giving you the biggest smile he’d every given you, Minseok proceeded to place the ring onto your finger and he quickly stood up to give you a long kiss.

The silence of the stadium slowly began to disappear as you heard a scatter of applause turn into a roar of cheering and clapping. In your state of shock, you mindlessly accept the congratulations of the other members as you processed everything that had occurred within the last five minutes. Minseok led you backstage in order for you two to have a moment together as the other members kept the audience busy doing whatever they were doing.

As you continued to stare at Minseok speechlessly, a shadow of worry fell over his face. “You’re not mad are you? I know how you don’t like being in the spotlight… I didn’t overdo it did I?”

Finally your sense returns and a smile begins to grow on your face. “No Minseok…no, I…I loved it. That…that was the most beautiful proposal ever, I couldn’t have dreamt of anything more perfect. I…I just… I’m the luckiest girl in the world.” You smile up to him, your eyes shining in delight and happiness.

“No, you’ve just made me the luckiest man in the world ____.” Gathering you into a tight hug, Minseok pressed his forehead against yours and whispered, “I love you.”

kinda cheesy wasnt it????...and theres the reason why the title is the title...its my fave line of the song...teehee!!!!...anyways...let me know what you guys thought of it!!!!

so even though i have exams in less than a month...i do need my breaks and i thought what better break than finishing all these age old requests????...cuz i feel sorry for all you requesters having to wait so long...so ill only be updating with the two requests ive gotten previously...the kevin and song joong ki one...if i finish them...until may 17th...after that any new requests shall be fulfilled!!!!

sooo...if any of you would like to leave a request now...just leave it in the comments or message me!!!!...it will get done...i promise...please dont hesitate!!!!