Kitchen Nightmares

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to humii369!!!!hope you like!!!!though...i dont think ive exactly added enough of his squishyness into it...sorry...

im finally back from vacation!!!!thought i could squeeze in some writing while i was gone but i was busy everyday and my entire 18 hour layover was spent sleeping...though id meant otherwise...sooo...seeing as i was gone for a month and id started this before i left...i feel kinda disappointed in this oneshot...i feel like its awkward and missing something but i didnt know how to fix it...even though i deleted half of it and started again...sigh...anyways...regardless...i hope you guys will enjoy!!!!

D.O.

“Woah, why so many bags Kyungsoo?”, you exclaim in surprise when your boyfriend walked in with his hands filled with white grocery bags.
“We decided to stay in tonight so I thought I might as well cook for us too.”
As he lay all the bags onto the counter, you silently handed him the takeout menus you’d been flipping through just a couple moments ago.
“The whole point of staying in was to spend more time together, how’ll that work if you’re in the kitchen the whole time?”, you say grumpily as you reluctantly help to take out all the food from the bags.
Tossing you his childish grin, Kyungsoo just shrugged. “You could always help me you know…”
Help him? Does he not understand what ‘I can’t cook to save my life’ means? I’m a walking disaster in the kitchen…I can barely handle sandwiches without getting cut and he wants me to help him?
“Um…so…what’re you making?”, you ask as you weigh the pros and cons of joining him in cooking.
“My specialty, kimchi spaghetti!”, he grinned as he waved the pack of spaghetti noodles.
Spaghetti? Hmm…what could go wrong with spaghetti?
Rolling up your sleeves, you quickly wash your hands before stationing yourself next to Kyungsoo. “Alright then chef, tell me what to do!”
Handing you a bunch of vegetables, Kyungsoo turned you toward the sink. “Wash these please? I’ll slice up the kimchi and the meat after I put the noodles in to boil”
You smiled to yourself as you listening to Kyungsoo humming while you finished with the vegetables. It had always been a dream of yours to cook with your boyfriend, you’d found the idea to be romantic, but your lack of skills had firmly ensured that it remained a dream.
“Here, why don’t I cut the kimchi and you can you do the meat?”, you said as you reached for another chopping board and knife. “After all, there are the vegetables to do too!”
Putting his knife down, Kyungsoo stared at you suspiciously. “Didn’t you say that you couldn’t cook? Do you realize how long I’ve waited to eat something made by you?”
Embarrassed that he remembered, you stutter out, “I don’t…but…but what’s so difficult about cutting right? What could go wrong?”
Shrugging, Kyungsoo relinquished the kimchi to you and you began to slice, but within minutes Kyungsoo was by your side and pulling the knife out of your hands. “No, don’t cut it sideways! You have to cut it lengthwise, following the lines ____, that way the kimchi will be long and it’s easier to cut too.”
Rolling your eyes, you reach for the knife again and after watching you cut it according to his instructions he finally stopped hovering over you. Just as you were getting the hand of it, Kyungsoo reached out and clasped his hand over yours.
“Do you not want to have a thumb or something ____?” When you stared at him clueless, he heaved a sigh before grabbing both your hands. “When you cut you should make sure your thumb doesn’t stick out too far and try to keep the knife moving back and forth smoothly.”, and as he spoke he moved both your hands together in demonstration.
Chuckling sheepishly, you try to do as Kyungsoo had said as he watched over your shoulder. “Is my thumb safe now?”
Kyungsoo nodded and made an attempt to seem like he wasn’t worried, but you could see the lines in between his eyebrows belying his true feelings. Embarrassed, you cut the kimchi as carefully as possible to avoid any accident. With the kimchi done and the meat also chopped up, the two of you started on vegetables. Kyungsoo relegated you to peeling the carrots, probably in an attempted to ensure your fingers make it safely out of the kitchen. Unfortunately for him, you were soon finished and he had no choice but to give you some other task. Finding the green onions somewhat safe to be cut, you happily started to slice them, glad that you actually weren’t the disaster you had thought you were. Maybe it’s because Kyungsoo’s here…maybe I just feel safer with him around… As you began the second stalk, you made the mistake of being too overconfident and Kyungsoo’s previous warning rang in your mind a second too late.
At your sharp intake of breath, Kyungsoo dropped his knife and grabbed your left hand immediately. “Didn’t I tell you to be careful?” Dragging you to the sink, he stuck your hand under the water. Once the blood stopped flowing, he examined the cut on your thumb. “Doesn’t look too deep thankfully, but I think maybe you’d best leave the cutting to me.”
While you went off in search for a bandage, Kyungsoo continued with the preparation. By the time you came back though, you were surprised to find that almost all of the vegetables had already been cut. Even though there hadn’t been many to cut in the first place, you were still impressed at the speed Kyungsoo was working.
“Looks like you’ve got everything under control huh?”, you say ruefully, a tad bit upset that the cooking was going faster without you.
“It’s not like there’s much to do anyway.” As if he sensed that you were feeling slightly left out, he nodded toward the pot of pasta, “Can you drain the water and run the pasta under cold water? I’m just going to start cooking the vegetables and it’ll be done soon.”
Glad to be doing something, you hurried to do as you were told. As you were rinsing the spaghetti, you realized you had a slight problem. The noodles in the middle aren’t going to cool what with the water just pouring off from the top…
Just as you plunged your hand into the middle to spread the spaghetti about, you heard Kyungsoo say offhandedly, “Oh, and make sure to toss the noodles up, but don’t use your hands, use the strainer.” With a muffled sound of assent, you tried your hardest not to let show that you had done exactly as he had said not too. What was I saying about disaster? Yeah…I’d best just stick to bread and jam… Running your stinging fingers through the cold water, you waited until you could feel yourself bending them before finishing cooling down the spaghetti.
Putting the spaghetti down beside Kyungsoo, you saw that the vegetables and meat were already done thanks to the two pans he was using and all that was left was to add the kimchi which he was putting into the pan for some reason. “Why don’t you go and set the table and wait outside until it’s done? Can’t go about letting out my secrets can I?”, he said with a grin.
As you sat waiting outside, you nursed your burnt fingers by blowing on them. You let out a huge sigh, one filled with disappointment and embarrassment. Never am I ever cooking again…nothing can persuade me to step into the kitchen. Seriously, what kind of fool am I? I don’t even know how to use a knife, or even worse, do a simple thing like wash spaghetti without burning myself! Slumping in your chair, you rest your head in your arms. Why did he want to cook? It was so embarrassing…
As you were lamenting the past half hour, Kyungsoo was in the kitchen working magic. Before long, you could smell the heavenly smell of the pasta and you forgot about all your troubles as your mouth began to water. Ten minutes later Kyungsoo appeared with a pan held in oven mitts and you could see the steam floating up. Placing it down in front of you, you were surprised to see it covered with cheesy goodness.
“Why so much cheese Kyungsoo?” As delicious as it looked, you were a bit unsure of the amount of cheese. Isn’t it going to…I don’t know…overpower everything else?
Smiling brightly, Kyungsoo’s reply came in the heaping spoonful of spaghetti that he placed on your plate. “Why don’t you try it and see?”
Obliging, you took a forkful and your mouth was singing in happiness. The balance between the tomato sauce and the cheese was perfect and you weren’t overwhelmed with tons of vegetables. The kimchi was absolutely delicious with a little crunch. All in all it was perfect.
“Maybe I should have you cook more often instead of torturing you with the same sandwiches every time…”, you said as you focused on the plate in front of you.
“I happen to like those same sandwiches you know.” Reaching across the table, he brushed his fingers over yours. “Mom always told me that it’s better to only have one person in the kitchen, two…well…two gets a bit hectic and…crazy…”
Even though you were somewhat happy that he was taking your failure in stride, you couldn’t help but pout. “But you’re always so busy with practice or promoting or traveling or whatever else you need to do…it would be nice if you had someone to cook for you. I mean, you cook for the members wouldn’t it be nice to have your girlfriend do that for you?”
Eyes widening into his classic look, Kyungsoo whispered out in fake horror, “I don’t think I’d like to eat my girlfriend.” His attempt at humor fell flat and you made sure he knew. “Okay…bad joke…sorry.” After a moments silence, he continued, “I don’t mind cooking you know, especially if I’ve someone to cook for who’ll actually appreciate it. And, you know, I’d rather see you in one piece.”
“No worries about that, after today I don’t think I’ll be picking up a knife again…”, you gave him a small smile.
Eyes twinkling, Kyungsoo shook his head. “How about I teach you too cook? Hmm? That way we can change up our dates inside rather than always watching a movie? And then, once you’re good enough, you can finally cook for me!”
Picking up your fork, you give Kyungsoo an unsure smile. “Why don’t we eat this while it’s still hot and think about that another day huh? I don’t think I can handle imagining other disasters in the kitchen today…”

word of advice...never ever ever plunge your hand into pasta fresh out of the pot...it stings...really really really bad...and with that over id just like to credit lu-bikscube for the recipe...

so howd you guys find it????yall know what to do!!!!...points to the bottom at the comments box...

also...if you guys have any requests please leave them down there for me too!!!!...ive got 4 on my list and thats about it...im hoping to plow straight through them so...that list should be crispy white soon enough!!!!