A BEAST In Hiding

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

This oneshot is dedicated to missmarydelryan!!!!...im sooo sorry for the lateness of this...super sorry...i hope you like it though!!!!and thank you for requesting!!!!i had fun writing it...

nothing much to say other than...a lot of the stuff in the story i got off some sites cuz i had to do some research...hope you enjoy!!!!

Lee Gikwang

Waking up, your stomach filled with butterflies at the thought of meeting Gikwang’s members. You two had been dating for two months now and he thought it was high time that you met them, after all you had introduced him to your friends quite early. It wasn’t that you didn’t want to meet them, you did…but you had seen a couple of the shows they’d been guests on, and…well…they were a bit on the wilder side. It was probably because they were all similar in age so they acted more freely with each other, but you were rather shy. The one thing that greatly attracted you to Gikwang was that he was very gentle, he spoke really softly and he always made sure you were comfortable and, well, he was perfect.

Sighing, you get out of bed and get ready for the day. Well, you’re just going to have to break out of your shell then ____.

Gikwang’s POV

It was about time to pick ____ up and bring her back to their dorm and Gikwang looked around nervously. Thankfully the dorm was neat because the members, especially Doojoon and Junhyung, didn’t appreciate mess. Studying the members, he saw them playing around and being loud as usual. I should probably ask them to tone down their craziness shouldn’t I?

“Hey, guys!”, Gikwang shouted out, catching their attention. “When ____ gets here…um…just tone it down a bit okay? She’s pretty shy at first, give her some to get used to you before, you know…”, and Gikwang gestured to them finding no way to describe their behavior in words. “I’m going to go now, see you in half an hour okay?”

Narrator's POV

The door closed behind Gikwang and the members turned to look at each other. Then, slowly, a sly smile spread across Dongwoon’s face.

“Why don’t we just show ____ that she’s got nothing to fear with us hmm? I mean, it’s not like we’re escaped lunatics or something right?”, Dongwoon said as he smirked.

Doojoon and Junhyung stared at him for a while, concern clearly written over their face over the maknae’s suggestion and Gikwang’s plea. They could already see that Hyunseung and Yoseob were on board with this plan and, truth be told, it would definitely be funny, maybe it’ll even help to break the ice. Finally nodding, the other two joined in.

“But we have to make sure not to go too far okay?”, Doojoon warned as they huddled into a group and planned out their strategy.

Your POV

As the two of you neared Gikwang’s dorm, the butterflies turned into jitters and you were tapping your foot nervously. Already your shyness was coming into effect and you were retreating into yourself. Suddenly you felt a hand clasp yours and you turned to look over at Gikwang’s reassuring smile.

“Don’t worry about it okay? Trust me, you’ll feel at home in no time.”

You attempted to smile at Gikwang and nodded, but his words weren’t exactly having the desired effect. Riding the elevator up, you gave yourself a mini pep talk and tried your very hardest to push away the timidity. It’s high time you became confident when meeting new people ____. What’s the worst they can do really? It’s not like they’re mad or anything. If you can be comfortable around Gikwang you can do the same around s.

Stopping in front of the door you turned to Gikwang. “Do I look okay Kiki?”, you ask as you nervously smooth down the front of your shirt. Holding up a bag of food you’d cooked last night for today, you keep questioning him. “They’ll like it right? Are you sure it tasted alright? When I tried some last night it tasted a bit odd… If it really doesn’t taste good I can just throw it out now you know…”

Placing both hands on your shoulders, Gikwang looked you into the eyes. “Breathe ____, you look fine and the food tastes delicious. And either way, the boys eat everything and anything, especially anything home cooked, so stop worrying okay?”

Giving him half a smile, he opened the door and you followed him in…and were met with slight chaos. Just before you had come in, it seemed as though Junhyung and Hyunseung had been fighting over a cereal box, each tugging the end they held in an attempt to get it out of the grips of the other and as a result, cereal had fallen to the floor. At your entrance they had all frozen and they stared at you in surprise.

Gikwang shot them a look before introducing you. “Um, guys, this is ____.”

Putting the box down, they all greeted you individually and you bowed in response. Grabbing your hand, Gikwang led you further in and taking the bag of food from you, he dropped it into Dongwoon’s hands, whom he signaled to put it into the kitchen.

Doojoon started to sweep away the cereal pieces and the others were clearing up space on the sofa. Just as you were about to sit down, Junhyung appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of you staring. Staring back, you don’t say a word, wondering exactly what he was doing.

“I’m the Joker.”, Junhyung said slowly, enunciating every word, before breaking eye contact and going into the kitchen to help Dongwoon.

What? I…why? How?

Your mind was puzzled by the extreme strangeness of the boys and though you were trying, the weirdness was beginning to creep you out. I’m supposed to feel at home amongst all of them? Are they usually as this creepy or are they putting on an act? I don’t understand…this is not how I imagined things would go at all!

The boys came out with a jug of juice and the food you’d made and everyone gathered around the tray. It seemed that they were finally returning to normal as they all ate.

“Did you make this?”, Yoseob asked, his eyes glowing in delight at the food.

“Yes, last night.” Smiling, you were able to release a bit of the nerves. “Do you like it? Gikwang told me some things you guys liked to eat.”

A chorus of yes’ rang out and you were happy to see it corroborated by the food disappearing in an instant. Gikwang had handed you a plate with some food on it earlier on, but you hadn’t touched it because you had been awaiting the reaction of the members. As you started to eat, you felt like someone was staring at you. As the boys chattered, you looked around and your gaze locked with Junhyung’s again. Smiling at him, you quickly look away and down into your plate of food. You started to eat and as you ate, naturally, crumbs fell, but for some reason Junhyung kept cleaning it up every single time a little bit fell. At first you just put it up to the fact that Junhyung liked cleanliness as Gikwang had told you, but it started to annoy you because he only cleaned up your fallen food. Is this his way of telling me he doesn’t like me or something? It sure seems that way, otherwise why would he go through all that trouble? It’s not like the table and floor isn’t going to be cleaned after the meal…

The meal over, you were glad to find that everything you had brought was finished. As you get up to help clear the plates, you’re pulled down to your seat by Gikwang and the other members also protested against your aid.

“Please just sit here, you’re our guest you shouldn’t have to work.”, Doojoon said.

“But…”, you try to argue but you’re cut off by Hyunseung.

“Seriously, we can handle it, just relax.”

So, per their wishes, you remained in the living room. Gikwang had disappeared into the kitchen to help Yoseob clean up and you were left with the other four. An awkward silence fell as you now no longer had Gikwang to help start up a conversation, so the boys started up a video game, all but Junhyung, who’s gaze had not once left you.

Shifting in your seat a little, you decide to break the silence. “So Junhyung, um, how is…how is your relationship going?”

“It’s good, we haven’t seen each other in awhile because Hara’s in Japan right now, but we talk every night.”

“It must be tough not seeing her huh?” Junhyung nodded in response. “You know, everyone’s envious of your relationship. All my friends find it so sweet that you guys have stayed together even though there must have been a lot of fans against it initially.”

And with that you were launched into a conversation with Junhyung about the difficulties in both of your relationships. The subject was later turned around to you and the other three boys joined in, all of them bombarding you with questions. Now this is the friendly BEAST I’d been told to expect. This is a million times for comfortable than the weirdness from earlier on. When the conversation slowed down a little bit, you were startled by an apology from Doojoon.

“Sorry about our behavior earlier on, we usually don’t act like that ____, we just wanted to pull a little prank on you.”

You stare at them blankly as you processed his words. Okay, now that definitely makes sense! Ugh, I should have known…

You smile widely at them. “That’s alright! Well, I guess that explains a lot then. I was afraid that you didn’t like me, especially Junhyung, and that was why you guys were acting like that.”

At that moment, Gikwang and Yoseob joined the group again. Seeing as how you were all sitting in a circle and actually talking made Gikwang smile. He sat down next to you and wrapped his arm around your waist.

Just when Gikwang was going to ask about what you had been talking about, Yoseob jumped into Junhyung’s lap. “Umma! I washed the dishes, aren’t you proud of me? Hmm? What about you appa?”, he asked as he turned to Doojoon.

It was evident that Yoseob hadn’t realized that the prank was finished, but he was made aware of the fact when, after a seconds silence, all six of you laughed at him.

Face flushed, Yoseob quickly stood up from Junhyung’s lap. “You couldn’t have warned me or anything? Given me a signal? You guys just made me look like a fool in front of ____.”, he muttered angrily, thoroughly embarrassed.

As the members clutched their stomach in laughter, Gikwang turned to you with questioning eyes, but you too were too busy giggling over Yoseob’s embarrassment to give him an answer. Well one thing Gikwang got right was that there’ll never be a boring moment amongst them.

sooo...how was it????im so sorry if it was bad!!!!i really wanted to write it like this and it sounded hilarious in my head...but then i wrote it...sorry...

also...just thought id let you guys know that my exams are in a month so...i probably wont be updating anytime soon...which doesnt really matter cuz ive barely updated this story...sigh...sorry...this year is just so crazy...but i promise once summer starts youll be seeing me more frequently!!!!

so...as usual...if youve got any requests please leave them for me!!!!...i will write them even if it takes me an age after to do so...so please dont hesitate!!!!ive got three oneshots lined up so yup...