An Ailing Reunion

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

...obviously not the best with titles am i????...sobs...why are they so hard????...sigh...anyways...another scenario!!!!woot woot!!!!told yall id be more active after uni was over right...not that ive been getting any more requests but thats fine...sorry if the pic is too large...first one i found and i was too lazy to find a more appropriate sized one...anyways...i hope you guys enjoy!!!!

L

You woke up in a cold sweat, shivering feverishly. You grabbed at your blanket and wrapped it tightly around your figure before turning to your clock. It blinked 4:58 and the red from the clock was the only light in your room. Shivering still, you got up with the blanket and walked to your kitchen to where you kept your medicine. Taking out the thermometer, you sit down on a chair and wait the three minutes. To no surprise, you found that you had a fever of 99 degrees.
“I should have taken that Advil before sleeping…”
Knowing that sleep was a thing of the past for you now, you decided to make yourself a hot cup of honey lemon tea, hoping it would sooth the scratchiness in your throat that was slowly becoming a cough. Tea in hand and dark brown bread, you sat curled up on your couch watching the sun rise. You took the delayed Advil and took a quick bath to get rid of the sticky sweaty feeling that your fever had caused. The steamy hot bath and the Advil combined made you drowsy and you were able to fall into a restful if uncomfortable sleep.
“____… ____…”, a distant voice called followed by shake. “Wake up ____…”
Groaning, you turn to the other side, but the voice persisted and your sleep finally broke. With a heavy head, you woke up and turned to face the idiot who couldn’t take a hint and leave…only to find the angelic face of your boyfriend.
“Myungsoo?!”, you exclaim in surprise. “What’re…what’re you doing here?”
Pouting, Myungsoo scooted into your bed and leant back with you. “Did you forget we came home yesterday? You didn’t even call…”, he muttered sulkily.
“That was yesterday? I’ve been so busy it totally slipped my mind… Well, how was your tour?”, you ask eagerly.
As Myungsoo talked, you stared at him as you re-familiarized with his features. Reaching out, you touch the lengthened fringe. “Your hair grew longer…”, you unknowingly whisper, interrupting his retelling.
Myungsoo gave you a sad smile. “Yeah…and you cut yours…”
Nodding, you reach in for a hug and take a deep breath as his familiar scent surrounded you. “It’s been too long.”, you mutter into his chest, tears springing to your eyes.
“So…I was thinking…how about we go out for a date today?”, Myungsoo suggested after some time. “It’s been so long since we’ve had one and with our encore concert and comeback coming up…it’ll be even longer until we can properly be around each other.”
“Today?” You could feel the effects of the Advil wearing off and the shivers from the fever starting to arise again. But today isn’t so good for me…
“We were only given today off, we start to practice for the encore concert tomorrow…”
“But…but you just came back!”, you exclaim loudly, which irritated your throat and you ended up in a coughing fit.
Handing you the water bottle by your bed, Myungsoo gently rubbed your back. “Are you okay ____?” You gave him a nod and motioned for him to continue. “Yeah, we were all surprised too…but we have to prepare so much for the encore. We have to practice our new songs and plan out what we’re going to change and everything. Plus, we’re going to start practicing for the comeback too…new dances…new songs… It’s going to be a very busy couple of months.”
“So…basically…today’s the only day we can be together?”
Myungsoo nodded. “But…if you have something else…I mean I understand.”
“No no, it’s nothing like that.” It’s just that I’m feeling a bit sickly is all…but I can’t tell him that, it’ll only disappoint him and me… 99 degrees…that’s not too high and I’m sure if I take care of myself I’ll be fine…lots of water, take the Advil regularly and I’m sure I’ll be able to hold out…”You know what, let’s do it! Every second of today, you and me are going to be together okay? I’ve been deprived of you for three months, if it’s going to continue I need to get my fill again. Let me just get ready okay?”
After showering and changing, you walk out to your bedroom to find Myungsoo sound asleep on your bed. Smiling, you tiptoe over to watch him. You saw the dark circles under his eyes and the creases on his forehead that appeared only when he was extremely tired. You tried not to giggle when you heard the soft snores he was emitting and you hurried to leave so as to not disturb him. You ate a hearty breakfast of soup and browned bread to calm your upset stomach and with another Advil, you go to wake him up.
“Myungsoo…time to wake up…”, you shake him lightly.
With a couple more nudges, he awoke, mumbling as he regained his bearings. The sight of his sleep mussed hair was too cute to pass up and so you whipped out your phone and snapped a quick picture. The click from the camera startled him and he shot up.
“Yah…why would you take a picture of me sleeping, I probably look horrible.”, he muttered as he ran his hands through his hair to fix it.
“Does the god like Myungsoo ever look ugly? I have yet to witness a time. Oh, wait…there is that crazy hair period from way back when! Alas, you have been proven a mortal.”, you tease.
Giving a little grimace of embarrassment, Myungsoo shushed you quiet and dragged you to the door. The day was bright and though it was spring, there was a chill in the air. With your arm linked with Myungsoo’s, you huddle in as close as possible, using him as a shield from the strong wind.
“Where are we going?”, you ask hoping that it would be somewhere inside.
“I was thinking a walk by Han river, it’ll be quiet at this time and we won’t be disturbed and then maybe we could go watch a movie. Why…were you thinking of something else?”, he asked, having noticed the look of worry that had passed on your face.
Han river? The wind though, it’ll be stronger and chillier by the water…but he’s right now is the best time to go… Faking a bright smile, you shake your head, and, to appease his concern, you lead the way to the river. What’s a little bit of wind going to do right?
Just like Myungsoo had said, the walkway beside the river was void of others, save for a couple of people here and there. The two of you chatted about your doings while he was gone, how university had been going and your hunt for a job. The cold air that you were breathing was beginning to bother your throat a lot and soon you succumbed to a coughing fit.
“Yah, ___, you okay?” As you shook your head, still coughing, Myungsoo lead you to a nearby bench. “Wait here okay? I’ll go grab something hot to drink.”
Nodding, you sat down and tried to get your cough under control. You put your hand to your forehead and found that it was quite warm under your palm and you could feel a sweat building under all your layers. Reaching into your purse, you go to take another pill, only to find that, though you had packed a water bottle, you had forgotten the bottle of Advil at home. Shoot…what am I supposed to do now? Your eyes were starting to feel tired like they always did when you had a fever. I’m sure if we go somewhere warm I’ll feel better. Yeah, someplace warm will be good.
Myungsoo returned with two cups of coffee and sipping it, you felt the heat spread throughout your body and instantly felt slightly better. He sat down next to you and you cuddled as closely as possible, trying to use his body heat to warm up.
“How about we go to that movie now Myung? It’s getting to be a bit cold…” As hard as you tried, you couldn’t stop your teeth from chattering.
Myungsoo turned to you and gave you an odd look. “Are you really okay, ____? You look a little pale…”
Do I? You shake your head vigorously. “No no, I’m fine, let’s just get going.”, and you give him a smile in an attempt to relieve his concern.
Shrugging, Myungsoo took your hand in his and the two of you walked towards the nearest theatre. The moment you stepped in, you embraced the warmth gratefully. Standing off to the side, you watch Myungsoo go get the tickets and some snacks. You were still feeling quite cold and no matter how hard you rubbed or blew, your hands remained frozen cold. The shivers that had been wracking your body outside also hadn’t stopped and you were beginning to feel a bit light headed. Is it because I haven’t eaten in so long? But I just had that coffee… You spot a couple leaving a bench lining the walls of the entrance and hurry over to take a seat. Leaning back, you breath deeply, trying to dispel the light headedness. Within a few minutes you felt instantly better and opening your eyes, you search for Myungsoo. You spot him looking for you and wave to get his attention. Hands filled, he caught your eye and began moving in your direction.
When he was close enough, you jumped up. “So what mo-”, you began to ask but your vision suddenly became blurry before suddenly turning black. Your body felt lightweight and you couldn’t feel your arms or legs. The sounds of things falling echoed distantly in your mind, but your consciousness couldn’t register it. In this out of body experience, you felt something grab at you, pulling you back up from your forward fall, but still everything was black. You heard your name being called distantly, but you couldn’t muster up the strength to reply to the desperate pleas.
What seemed like an age after, you finally awoke. Opening your eyes, all you could see was the bright white that was being exuded from the light hanging above you. You felt groggy and you turned your head slightly to the left to gain your bearings. What you found wasn’t the dark blue of the theatre walls, but rather white walls and as you opened your eyes further, cots lined up against them too. Lifting your left hand, you see the needle in your arm with a tube attached to it. As you stared at the foreign object imbedded in your hand, you suddenly notice the beeping noises that were filling the entire room. This…this seems to be the hospital…but…why am I here? You lift yourself up to a sitting position and scan the room for Myungsoo, only to find no sight of him.
“Myung…soo?”, you call out hesitantly, but he still didn’t appear.
He’s probably just gone somewhere… But, what am I doing here? Last I remember we were at the theatre… While you waited for your boyfriend to return, you tried to piece together the events that lead up to your apparent hospitalization.  I had been feeling dizzy, but it had passed… Myungsoo was walking toward me and I got up to go to him…but…what happened after that? You glance at the chair that was beside your bed and spot Myungsoo’s jacket. Oh, why is there popcorn all over it? Leaning back, you heave a sigh as the confusion you felt was beginning to make your head hurt. Eyes closed, you wait for Myungsoo.
“I see you’re finally awake, Miss.”
Opening one eye, you find a man in a white coat at the end of your bed. A doctor… Smiling hesitantly, you nod in reply. “Um…where did, where did the man go who was with me?”, you ask as you point to the empty chair.
“He’s just filling out some paperwork. Now, let’s just do some quick tests okay?”, the doctor asked pleasantly.
Nodding, you answer all the questions he asked you, after all, what choice did you have? After he’d checked to make sure that your vision was fine and you hadn’t suffered from any head trauma, he turned to leave.
“Ah, I’m sorry…” When the doctor turned back to you, you continued, “What…what am I doing at the hospital?”
“You came in with a very high fever which caused you to faint. Luckily for you, your boyfriend managed to catch you before you hit the floor. Did you know that you are showing signs of pneumonia?”
“No, I just thought it was a cold and I’d been taking care of myself with that in mind…”
“Well, pneumonia isn’t always easy to recognize. How long have you been having that cough of yours?”
“It’s been, maybe a week now?”
Nodding, the doctor scribbled something down on the chart he held. “And what about fever?”
“I’ve had it for maybe two days? It never really went higher than 100 and this morning it was 99...”
The doctor looked up at you in surprise at that confession. “You knew you had a fever and still went out in this weather? You realize that you could have put yourself in a much worse situation?” Ashamed, all you could do was look down at your hands. Clearing his throat, the doctor continued in his explanation. “It’s a good thing that we managed to catch it so soon and it seems like the bacteria hasn’t really affected much of your lungs.”
At that moment, Myungsoo returned. Hurrying to your side, he turned to the doctor. “Bacteria? Lungs? What’s wrong with ____?”
Smiling, the doctor laid a reassuring hand on Myungsoo’s shoulders. “Don’t worry too much, she just has a mild case of pneumonia.” At Myungsoo’s stricken look, the doctor gave him a pat. “With antibiotics and proper care she’ll be healthy as a fiddle in a week. I’ll give you the prescription and you can begin to process her discharge now that she’s conscious.” Switching his attention to you, the doctor became more serious. “You shouldn’t stress yourself out for the next little while and avoid going out too much. Even with the medicine, the pneumonia can return so if your cough still hasn’t disappeared in a week or it comes back within two weeks, make sure to go to a doctor or some back here.”
At your nods of comprehension, the doctor left. Myungsoo then turned his gaze towards you and you could see fury blazing in his eyes along with the worry that you knew was going to be there. “Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?! We could have stayed in! Do you have any idea how scared I was when you suddenly just fell and then didn’t wake up?” He your hand that he was holding back into your lap and turned to face his back toward you, his hands raking through his hair in frustration.
“Sorry for worrying you so much…”, you say quietly, the shame returning in full force. “I just didn’t want to ruin the one day we had together and I was sure that I would be fine…”
“Well that didn’t turn out as planned now did it?”, Myungsoo scathed. When he saw you flinch from the bitterness in his voice, Myungsoo sighed and returned to your side. “Sorry. I…I just…you have no idea how it felt to see you fall like that! You didn’t even reply…it was…I felt so helpless… I understand why you decided to go out with me, I do, but there is nothing more important to both me and you than your health you understand? So please, next time, just tell me okay? I’m not going to hate you because you’re sick…it happens and we can always have fun inside too. All I wanted out of today was to have you next to me, forget where we are…”
Pouting, you grab his hand in both of yours. “I’m really sorry Myungsoo, I really am and I promise that this will never happen again.” Looking down at your entangled hands, you mumble, “And I ruined your day off…”
Hand under your chin, he lifted your face so your gaze met his. “You didn’t ruin anything okay?”, he murmured, “We still have the rest of the evening left to us. Now, let’s get you out of here and let’s go home okay? We’ll grab some warm soup on the way and a movie or two and we’ll continue the rest of our date in the warmth of your house.”
Leaning in, Myungsoo gave you a quick kiss, before helping you up and into your jacket. With the discharge papers and prescription taken care of, Myungsoo called for a taxi and the rest of the night was spent in the cozy warmth of your living room, the two of you together as originally planned.

soooo...howd yall like it????...sis still hasnt had a chance to edit cuz you know...exams and all so yes...itll probs be chockfull of mistakes unfortunately...if you guys spotted any please let me know!!!!...but...other than that...how was it????

only one more request lined up...and then ill have none...sooo...if you guys have any just leave em somewhere for me!!!!thnxies!!!!

also...i may or may not be able to write between may and june because im gonna be doing a month long french credit course...in ottawa!!!!woot woot!!!!...excited cuz i getta live on res!!!!...but yeah...depends on how my schedule is and how much i work i may not be able to write much...and i also got a job!!!!...which decreases writing time...but im sure ill be able to work around it!!!!plus...when have i never completed a request right????...albiet months between getting it and writing it...yeah...thats that from me...hope you guys enjoyed reading!!!!