A Little Bit Of Lime To Melt The Heart

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

hihi again!!!!so this is a oneshot i wrote not so long ago for a tumblr anon!!!!i just thought id post it here too seeing as how i do post everything from aff onto tumblr so why not vice versa right????also this is my first time using two POVs and i feel like ive kind of messed it up...so if its a bit confusing sorry!!!!and its also a first because until now everythings been of my own creation but this time i was actually given some details about the story...anyways...enjoy reading!!!!

Kim Himchan & Kim Hyelim

Himchan's POV

Everyday Himchan had to ride past Youngpa Girls High School and always when the girls were let out. Without fail, one or two girls would comment on his all black ensemble and roaring motorbike, their noses wrinkling in disgust. Today was no different. Stupid stuck up girls thinking they’re all that just cuz they’re rich. Let’s see them act so high and mighty once they get a taste of reality. As he rode past, a flash of blue suddenly caught his eyes. Without stopping, he scanned the crowd and saw that the blue highlights belonged to a blonde bobbing head. You’d think they’d ban dying hair, but maybe they think they’re above the set standards. Scowling, Himchan stepped on the gas so that he wouldn’t be late for his shift.

Hyelim's POV

“Ah! Korean air sure is different!” Hyelim bounded out of the school.

“Are you sure about that? I’m sure that L.A’s got the same air too. I’m so jealous…” Yoonjo sighed.

Hyelim just laughed. Today had been her first day back after returning from L.A after a year of studying abroad. I’m so glad they didn’t make me dye my hair back…Even though I’m happy to be home a little reminder of last year would be nice to have.

“Wanna go to that café around the corner? I miss their coffee and brownies!” She felt an arm land across her shoulder and turned to her other best friend. “Wanna come with us Ara?”

“Sure, you know I can never say no to their coffee!”

A loud roaring suddenly came out of nowhere and Hyelim turned to see a black motorbike ride by. Dismissing it, she turned back to her friends.

Yoonjo nudged her and nodded her head toward the fading bike. “The guy riding that works at the café around this time. He’s actually really cute, but he barely talks and he just glares at everyone. He just ruins the whole atmosphere you know? Let’s go somewhere else.” Ara nodded in agreement.

Hyelim stopped and stared at the two girls. “We’re not going to a café because of some guy? Come on! If anything we can go bring our stuff and eat at the park. You’re not stopping me from going there!” And with that she picked up her pace, leading her unwilling friends to their destination.

Narrator’s POV

The bell above the door rang as it opened and girly chatter could be heard. Great…customers, Himchan thought. Wiping his hands he came out of the back and stood behind the counter. The flash of blue that had caught his eye earlier was in front of him all of a sudden. Taken aback, Himchan forgot to ask for their order. The blue haired girl…She’s…pretty.

I thought they said he glared at everyone…he just looks caught off guard.

“Um, hi! Could we get two lattes, a hot chocolate and a chocolate brownie please?” Hyelim ordered. “You girls want anything else?”

Shaking their head, they went to go sit at a table close to the window and as far away from Himchan as they could.

Himchan prepared the order and gave it to the girl. “That’ll be $11.”, he said in a gruff voice.

Hyelim raised her eyebrows at his rough voice and handed him the amount due silently. Rather than going out as they had originally planned, the girls decided to sit inside and filled the empty café with their loud voices and laughter. Himchan went about his business, cleaning the tables and restocking the food below the counter, before finally disappearing to the back. God, could those girls be any more annoying? He stared at his math textbook in frustration. Unable to stand it anymore, he stalked out of the room, slamming the door open.

He walked up to the girls and tight lipped, he said, “If you’re done it’d be best you leave. There are people here who would like to work.”

The girls stared up at him in shock, then slowly they picked up their garbage and left. All but the blue haired girl.

Taking her time, Hyelim stood up and casually said, “You know, it never hurts to be nice, especially when you’re asking a favour.”

Himchan opened his mouth to answer, but the ringing bell signalled that she had already left. Rolling his eyes, he went back to the backroom and continued with his work. When the clock struck 7, he packed up and saying goodbye to the owner who had finally come, he left. The sky darkened as he made his way home.

Himchan's POV

“I’m home.”, he called out as he stomped up to his room to change and drop his bag.

Coming down, he sat down with his father and brother. His mother came out with the last dish and joined them.

“How was school?”, his father asked.

“Fine.”

“Do you have to go to work tonight? It’s supposed to be really cold.”, his mother said as she gave him his bowl of rice.

“Yes.”

That was all he said during the meal, eating the food as fast as he could. 15 minutes later he was done.

“Can I be excused? I have to go bathe.”

His brother looked at him. “Done already?”

“You can go.”

The moment his father excused him, Himchan bounded up and quickly freshened up. Grabbing his bag once again, he stomped down the stairs. His mother was waiting beside the door for him.

“I knew you weren’t going to listen to me so I made you some hot tea.” She handed him the thermos and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Be safe.”

Nodding, Himchan grabbed his keys and was out into the night once again. On his ride over to the convenience store he worked at during the night, his mind was invaded by the blue haired girl. What had they called her? Hyelim or something like that…Wait, why am I thinking about her? Reaching the store, he shook out his hair after taking off the helmet and went in. Settling himself down behind the counter, he pulled out his history work. Good thing about the night shift, I don’t get annoying people like those girls coming in. The bell rang, but Himchan didn’t bother looking up.

“Oh, we meet again.”, a familiar voice said.

Narrator’s POV

The dark head slowly lifted to reveal the face that Hyelim was expecting. Strange that I’d see him twice in one day. Instead of the greeting that Hyelim was expecting, she just received an expressionless stare.

Needing to break the silence, she said, “My name’s Hyelim.”

Once again the boy just stared back, before finally drawling out, “And I need to know that because?”

Her smile faltered slightly. “You don’t…I just thought I’d tell you seeing how we might meet more often…”, she peeked at the name tag on his shirt, “…Himchan.”

Himchan groaned inwardly. Don’t tell me that she and her friends plan to come by the café everyday? Well what else would you expect from girls who have nothing to do other than throw around money on coffee everyday. Then again…they do help pay my wages…

“Do you need anything?”, Himchan asked finally.

“Oh, so you can speak nicely! Not that that was particularly nice…”

Himchan just stared at her, waiting for her to buy whatever she wanted so he could get back to his homework. She placed a pack of ramyeon and gum onto the counter.

As Himchan rang up her purchases, she continued to talk. “So how come you work here too? What about your schoolwork? I can see your textbook from here.”

Handing her her things, Himchan silently sat there as she continued to talk. Nothing misses her does it?

“I don’t understand how anyone could study and work at the same time, I’d get too distracted! Do you live here by yourself maybe? I know that kids sometimes come to Seoul by themselves to study. I could never do that. Even when I went to L.A, I stayed with my aunt. So, how do you do it?”

“I usually don’t have annoying people like you come in.”

Rather than taking offence, which was what Himchan had been expecting, she laughed it off. “Ah, that’s probably true. Everyone’s always telling me I talk to much, once I get started I can’t be stopped.”

Himchan kept his poker face, while on the inside he was amazed by this girl. She really doesn’t get that her presence isn’t wanted does she?

Clearing his throat, Himchan picked up his textbook and dropped it onto the counter with a loud bang. Looking at it and back at him, Hyelim understood.

Lifting her shoulders slightly, she said with an apologetic expression, “Well, I guess I’ll leave you to your work then, bye!”

Thankfully, she had finally had her fill of talking and left. Shaking his head, Himchan went back to work.

As he’d expected, Hyelim and her friends came by the café everyday without fail and though it annoyed him extremely at the start, he soon adjusted to their presence, especially Hyelim’s, though he didn’t know it at that time . Then one day in the middle of October, Himchan didn’t hear the usual ring. He looked at the clock and saw that it was past 3:30 and he knew that the high school ended at 3. They should be here by know. He walked out of the room and stood behind the counter until 4. I guess they aren’t coming. Where he would have once felt relief, he surprisingly felt saddened at that thought.

A half hour before his shift ended, he heard the bell ring and thinking it was the owner, he went out to greet him. “Good even…”, but rather than the old man he had expected, he saw Hyelim.

“Oh, so you can be nice! Too bad you didn’t finish what you’d wanted to say.” Hyelim teased. “Anyway, could I have a hot chocolate please.”

Nodding, Himchan got to work. Her hair’s wet so maybe she went swimming? But in October, the weather’s starting to get chilly… Oh, swimming season’s started that’s why. Handing her her drink, she paid and went to sit at her usual table. Himchan quickly stepped into the back room and packed up, deciding to spend the last little bit of his shift outside. Without saying a word, Himchan cleaned the tables unnecessarily.

“So…the café doesn’t ever seem to be too busy, why’s that?”

“It’s busier during the winter and summer and more so during the weekend too.”

“Hmm.” Hyelim quietly sipped her drink again.

A quarter to 7, the owner of the little shop came in. “Ah, good evening Himchan. Not studying this time are you?”

“No sir, I finished awhile back.”

Smiling kindly, he said, “You can leave early today, get home now.” Walking behind the counter to replace Himchan, he finally saw Hyelim in the corner. “And good evening to you too young lady.”

Hyelim greeted him back and quickly got up. Walking up to Himchan, she asked, “Um…if it’s not too much of a problem for you, could you possibly drop me off at my house? I’d be able to walk home, but today was the first time in ages that I’d properly worked out and I’m a bit tired.”

Himchan stared at her silently before nodding and they walked out. “I don’t have a spare helmet.”

“That’s alright! My house isn’t too far from the convenience store, so if you could drop me off there it’d be nice.”

Himchan nodded and sat down. After a couple seconds had passed, he turned to look at the girl. “Aren’t you getting on?”

Startled, Hyelim let out an embarrassed giggle. “Oh, sorry!” She quickly hopped on.

“Wrap your hands around my waist and hold on tight.”

When Himchan felt her slim arms go around his waist, he felt a little tingle. That’s strange…I feel happy for some reason rather than burdened…

Behind him, Hyelim smiled happily to herself with her face pressed against the side of his back.

That night, Hyelim came to the convenience store after a long time and once again she stayed for awhile, talking away to the silent Himchan. Everyday after that day, they continued this ritual. She would come to the cafe a little before his shift ended and asked for a ride home. Then at night she would come to the convenience store to pick up something or the other and stay there for about an hour talking. Randomly one day, Hyelim came into the café with a helmet in hand, which Himchan thought was strange, but rather than spending too much time dwelling on it, he was glad that she had it to protect herself. Eventually, Hyelim stopped asking for a ride and without a word, Himchan would drop her off. At night, she would come into the convenience and leave without having bought anything, though Himchan barely noticed as he was too busy thinking about how she could elicit him to hold proper conversations with her.

Himchan's POV

Near the end of November, Himchan lay awake thinking about Hyelim. Why doesn’t she annoy me like everyone else does? He continued to think about her for awhile, smiling as he remembered that nights conversation. Her roots were starting to show, but her blonde blue hair was still evident. She had been complaining how the chlorine in the pool was tingeing her hair green. Himchan laughed as he thought of her expression when she showed him her greenish strands. Her hair reminds me of lime…

Hyelim's POV

Just as how Himchan fell asleep thinking about her, Hyelim too was lying in bed, her thoughts filled with the distant dark haired boy. While his thoughts were mostly light-hearted, her’s were weighing her down. He doesn’t realize does he? Sighing, she tossed about in her bed, frustrated. How much longer can I keep up this cheerful exterior? There’s only so much a girl can endure. She thought back to when she first met Himchan. Smiling to herself, she compared the Himchan of then to now. Well, there’s some progress, he at least speaks more than a sentence or two to me now! Picturing his face, she fell asleep, falling into a dreamland where the expressionless face turned into a smile just for her.

The next morning, she trudged down to eat breakfast. Just before leaving, her mother stopped her.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up after practice dear?”

Smiling, Hyelim shook her head. “It’s alright mom, thank you though!”

Getting into her father’s car, she happily thought about when she would once again see those deep, expressionless brown eyes.

Narrator’s POV

Autumn soon gave way to winter and the first snowfall fell and as usual, they continued their weird ritual meetings with no change. On a particularly chilly day, Hyelim came in once again, wet hair and all. Seeing the state of her hair, Himchan quickly gave her a steaming cup of coffee before going into the back room to look for a towel.

“Aish that girl, could she get anymore careless?”, he muttered to himself.

Finally finding a clean towel, Himchan started back out, but stopped at the door. Wait…why do I care so much about her? When Himchan thought of the possibility of her being sick, his heart skipped a beat, but this being unfamiliar to him, he didn’t know what that meant. Oh forget this, my priority right now is to make sure she doesn’t fall sick.

He quickly walked over to where Hyelim sat and tossed her the towel. “Here, use this to dry your hair.”

Eyes twinkling, Hyelim thanked him before proceeding to wring out whatever leftover water was left in her hair. Once it was as dry as it could possibly be, Himchan took the towel back and put it with the other used ones. Her hair’s still not dry enough… Grabbing his bag, he went out and saw that Hyelim was waiting for him by the door.

Without a word, he unwrapped his scarf and gave it to her. “Tie it around your neck.”

Startled, Hyelim blinked at him before tentatively taking it from his hold. “Are you sure? Won’t your neck feel cold?”

“Just take it.”

Hyelim nodded, a small smile on her face.

That night when she came to visit him, Himchan saw his scarf around her neck, but rather than asking for it back, he let her keep hold of it, though he was confused as to why she wore his ratty, old scarf compared to the designer stuff she usually had on.

Hyelim saw the spark of recognition in Himchan’s eyes when he saw the scarf she wore and her heart jumped in delight when he didn’t ask for it back.

While they talked, a man came into the store, but neither of them took note of him. After awhile, Hyelim said her goodbye and left. The man who had entered came up to pay then, he had been eating ramyeon over in the corner. Himchan absentmindedly rang up his purchase, his mind on the now green haired girl who had just left. Suddenly, a thought entered his mind. It’s strange that that guy just now didn’t pay before. No one really comes here so late, especially to eat. Wait…it’s dark out and Lime’s all alone… In a blink, Himchan was rushing out the door, the cold air biting at his coatless form as he chased after Hyelim. He passed the strange man and ran up to her.

His heart thumping wildly with the adrenaline, Himchan finally realized why he felt so strange.

“Oh, Himchan…you’re not wea…” Hyelim started to exclaim, but Himchan interrupted by means of a kiss.

Parting, both stared at each other in shock, their breath mixing together in the night.

“Aish Lime, can’t you be more careful?” Himchan rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, the realization of his actions hitting him.

“…Lime?”, Hyelim asked tentatively, a small hesitant smile on her face.

“Huh? Oh…that…um…I kind of nicknamed you that when your hair started turning green.” Thankful for the darkness, Himchan’s face flushed red.

A wide grin replaced the shy one that had been present on Hyelim’s face and she gave him a hug, burrowing her face into his chest in happiness. “You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that! It took you long enough, I’ve been waiting since I first met you!”

He confessed to me! Well…more like a kissfession…but either way, he likes me!

What is this girl talking about?…Wait…does she like me too?

Cautiously, he wrapped his arms around the slim waist before him and when she didn’t pull out of his hold, he squeezed her harder. I’ll take that as a yes then. Suddenly a shiver wracked through his body, separating the new couple.

Giggling, Hyelim entwined her hand into Himchan’s and started back toward the convenience store. “Let’s get you into some warmth before you catch a cold silly! Now who’s the careless one?”

so thats the oneshot!!!!hope you guys liked!!!!and tell me what you thought about it!!!!thnk you lovely readers!!!!

also my ive only got three more requests!!!!one for tao, song joong ki and myungsoo!!!!so if anyone else wants to request a oneshot or scenario please let me know!!!!and i might take time to post it since this is only for when ive got writers block for my others stories but i PROMISE you that theyll be written!!!!