A Little Kick Of Mischief

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

so...when was the last time i posted a oneshot????...cant remember...sobs...and to think i wanted to write more often and more regularly!!!!...well...hopefully ill be able to do just that now...cuz ITS SUMMER TIME!!!!woot woot!!!!4 months off...in which i hopefully get a job but thats beside the point...wow...i really need to work on my motivation and not procrastinating for school otherwise ill never be able to write...isnt yongguk with kids the most precious thing ever????...gosh i just adore him...also...the title ...i know...but it was all i could come up with so i might change it later!!!!...if anyone has any good suggestions im always open to them!!!!anywho...hope you guys enjoy the story!!!!

Bang Yongguk

Humming, you stir the beef bone broth, the delicious aroma filling the air. You watched the snow gently fall outside from the window, the morning sun having yet to peek out from behind the cover of clouds. As you wandered into dreamland, you felt a pair of warm hands creep around your waist and a chin land on your shoulder.
“So you’re finally awake, huh sleepyhead?” Putting the ladle down, you turn into your husband’s arms to give him a hug.
“What’re you making so early?” You felt the vibrations of his voice through his chest.
Sighing, you pull back and pat your rounded tummy. “It seems as this one wants some beef bone broth, doesn’t want to eat anything else.”
Squatting, Yongguk was eye level with your belly. Hand on your belly, he said in a stern voice, “Troubling your mother already are you? Looks like we have a trouble maker on our hands.”
As he got up, you placed your hands over Yongguk’s as he rubbed circles around your tummy. “I don’t think grinning like a fool would be much help in disciplining, don’t you think? Now, go get ready while I get some breakfast for you because, unlike you, I haven’t forgotten your schedule for the day.”
Tilting his head down, he gave you a quick peck before rushing to freshen up. You had already packed him a lunchbox and breakfast was going to be what you had attempted to eat, so the only thing left was the coffee. As you watched it drip into the coffee pot, the smell began to tempt you. It had been almost 8 months since your last cup of coffee and it was starting to get harder and harder every day.
“What’s coffee when I have you hmm?”, you whisper tenderly to your belly, giggling when you felt a tiny kick in response.
With the coffee done and thankfully the broth heated, you sat down to eat. Having been up since 5, you were so ravenous that by the time Yongguk joined you at the table, you were already well into your second bowl.
“So, what do you plan to do today?”, Yongguk asked as he sipped his coffee.
“Nothing much, after all, I can hardly be active for long thanks to our baby. I don’t know, I’ll probably do some more knitting, sleep, read a book…sleep…sleep some more.”, you smile teasingly.
Yongguk grinned back, but then he turned serious. “Make sure you don’t exert yourself okay? You’re just got over that cough and you heard what the doctor said, any strain on your body can be dangerous.”
“I don’t think a sore throat counts as sickness and I’m hardly that frail!”, you retort while rolling your eyes. “And anyways, I know how much I can handle.” At the deepening worry in his eyes, you place a comforting hand over his. “I promise I’ll be careful so stop worrying, okay? Just concentrate on getting all your work done, you know this album needs to be recorded before next month.”
Smiling slightly, Yongguk just finished off his coffee. You walked him to the door and watched as he prepared himself to face the biting wind outside. Giving him one last hug, you watched as the door closed behind his retreating figure. Sighing, you returned to the kitchen to clean up. Looks like it’s just you and me huh, baby? Dishes washed, you went to put away the rest of the meal that hadn’t been eaten and upon opening the fridge, you saw the packed lunchbox for Yongguk.
Looking down at your belly, you mock sternly say, “Look at you making me so forgetful. Well, since it’s here, how about we have some?”
Taking out the containers, you proceeded to heat up the meal inside. As they warmed up in the pan, your stomach started to churn. In an attempt to stop the nausea, you continuously swallowed at nothing. Please just let this be because of how hungry I am, please! Thankfully your stomach calmed down and with a smile, you took a bite of the first solid food for the day. Seconds later, you found yourself with your head hanging over the toilet bowl. Washing your mouth, you went back to the kitchen and packed it all back into the lunchbox.
“Not feeling like rice today baby? Well, umma has to eat something solid, so what do you say?” Lips pursed, you tried to think of what could appease your apparently very sensitive stomach today. “Will porridge do?” When your stomach remained calm at the thought, you smiled and patted your stomach. “Good choice, some warm chicken porridge is just the thing for today.”
You called for your porridge and when it arrived, you were glad to find that your stomach was still being agreeable. With the warm porridge all finished, you felt your strength return to you. Eyeing the lunchbox, you thought of what a waste it was to just leave it there. Seeing that it was just turning noon, you decided to drop it off for Yongguk. You quickly got dressed, making sure to put on extra layers just to please Yongguk, and quickly walked out.
“What do you think we should get for appa’s friends?”, you whispered to you belly. As you contemplated, you felt the beginning pangs of hunger start up again. “Porridge, porridge would be good definitely. Porridge it is then!”
You went to the restaurant down the street and placed your order. With help from the staff, you were able to get into the taxi with all six servings of porridge. The smell of the porridge wafted into every corner of the cab and by the time you reached Yongguk’s company, the hunger had returned to full force. Thankfully, the taxi driver helped to carry the food into the building for you. As you gathered the fare for the cab, you heard Yongguk’s voice. Turning, you saw him coming out, having happened to have just been on his way out for, as it would be, lunch.
“____, what’re you doing here?”, he semi-shouted from the door.
Signaling him to hold on for just one second, you quickly hand over the fare and scuttle over as quick as possible.
“I thought I’d -”, you began to explain, but you soon felt yourself falling. Eyes wide, you grab onto the railing of the stairs with your other hand to regain your balance.
“____!”, you heard Yongguk call out in panic at the same moment you shrieked his name.
As you gripped the rails, you felt your feet give from the ice beneath and in an attempt to balance yourself, your body collided with the railing. Strong arms wrapped around you and, in half relief and half panic, you felt yourself sag against Yongguk. With a tight grip, he hurried you in and you were soon sitting on one of the sofas at the reception. Well…that didn’t turn out so bad did it?
“Are you hurt anywhere ____? Is there any pain? Are you alright?”, Yongguk asked frantically, worry etched into every corner of his face.
“I’m fine, I’m fine.”, you try to say as reassuringly as possible with your heart still racing with adrenaline. Gripping your shoulders tightly, he stared into your eyes as if doing so would somehow let him know exactly how you were. Placing a hand on his cheek, you give him a soft smile, “Yongguk, it’s alright, I’m really fine.”
He heaved a sigh of relief and his body sagged against the back of the couch. “What are you even doing here?”
“I forgot I’d packed you a lunch and I thought I would bring it by for you. I bought porridge for the boys too.”
With another sigh, Yongguk stood up. “For now, let’s just eat lunch.”
Taking his offered hand, you help yourself up, moving extra slowly. As you followed Yongguk to the practice room, you suddenly felt a sharp pang of pain. Stopping, you stare down at your belly, placing a hand over where it hurt. That…was a kick right? Shaking it off, you started to take another step, but the pain pierced through your tummy like a knife and you could do nothing but lean against the wall. As the pain came back, you sank to the floor with your arms around your belly, whimpering. No…no…please don’t let anything have happened to the baby please! Your mind was shrouded in panic and in the distant corners of your conscious, you registered the thud of falling objects and running footsteps.
“____? ____!”, Yongguk was shaking you, but with no response, he yelled out for the secretary to call an ambulance.
You were finally able to break past the cloud and you clung onto Yongguk, sobbing. “The baby…Yongguk…the baby…”
Yongguk gathered you into his arms and patted your head, trying to soothe you. “Shh, don’t worry, everything will be okay. It’ll all be okay.” As reassuring as his voice was, that tangible hint of worry just fueled your panic.
You never let Yongguk’s hand go from your grip during the entire journey to the hospital and while you waited for your doctor. With every passing minute, you felt your emotions drain until you were lying on the hospital bed feeling apathetic. My baby…my baby… Even when the doctor came, you couldn’t find it in yourself to speak, the same two words just continuously running through your mind. As the doctor examined your belly, you just lay there and even the cold of the stethoscope couldn’t elicit a response from you.
“____ ssi, what did you eat today? ____ ssi?”, the doctor asked.
“Sweetheart, the doctor wants to know what you’ve eaten. Darling?”, Yongguk whispered gently.
At Yongguk’s voice, you became aware of your surroundings once more. “I’m sorry, what was the question?” Smiling gently, the doctor repeated his request. “I had…I had two bowls of broth in the morning, and some porridge about an hour ago… Yes, an hour ago.”, you said as you double checked the time.
“Well then, you two have nothing to worry about.”
“But…the pain…”, you say dumbfounded.
He gave a reassuring smile and patted Yongguk’s shoulder. “The stress probably caused the baby to kick much harder or it could just be because you’re bloated or have gas, maybe even the combination of the two. There doesn’t seem to be any sign of bruising on your belly and your baby has a strong heartbeat. If you want, we can schedule to have an ultrasound done right now, but I recommend waiting to see if you have more pain. Also, try to eat more solid food, the broth isn’t enough and it could have caused gas to build up.”
“I couldn’t swallow anything else though.”
“In that case, try to eat some bread and make sure to toast it well. Even if you feel nauseous, it will help to calm your stomach while providing more sustenance than the soup. Oh, and make sure to rest for awhile after today, even though there’s nothing wrong it would do you good to not exert yourself for a couple of days.”
Getting up, Yongguk thanked the doctor and walked him out of the room. Returning, he sat on the bed rather than the chair, one hand in yours and the other atop your belly. “You are not stepping out of the house again.”
“But Yongguk! Anyways, I’ll be more careful next time, I just couldn’t see the patch of ice…”, you sulked.
Yongguk just shook his and reiterated more firmly. “If you need to go out anywhere, you call for someone to go with you okay? Call me, call your mother, just call someone. After today…I don’t want you out alone, it’s safer that way. You know what, I’ll call the company and see if we can maybe push back the album, it’s not as important.”
“You, mister, are not going to do that okay? Fine, I won’t leave the house alone okay? In fact, I don’t plan on leaving at all after today myself. But I will not let my pregnancy get in the way of your work. It was already decided you wouldn’t promote, but you have to finish the album at least, you’re already mostly done! I promise I’ll take care of myself, so please, don’t worry and just do your work, it’ll make put my mind to ease.”
“But -”, he tried to argue, but you cut him off.
“No Yongguk, finish the album for both me and the baby. Don’t you think it’ll be better to do it now and not have it on your mind after? This way you’ll be able to concentrate on our baby without any worry. And you heard the doctor, the fall didn’t do much.”
Heaving a sigh, he ran a hand through his hair. “Fine, but I’m going to take a couple days off. I don’t feel comfortable working after today anyway. We’re going to go home and whatever you need, I’ll do it all okay? You need to just rest and I’m going to make sure you get some.”
Smiling, you reach over to hug your husband as the baby kicked once again. “I think the baby finds that as agreeable a plan as I do.”, you murmur, wincing ever so slightly at the strength of your baby.

sooo...how was it????...ugh...dont know how well i was able to complete the request but tried my hardest...

if there are any mistakes in the oneshot please do let me know!!!!fury hasnt been able to edit cuz her exams are just starting...and im horrible at editing my own work...i dont even bother editing cuz i dont like doing it for myself...bad i know but whatevs...so yeah...

thanks for being so patient and understanding my lovely readers!!!!...im very very thankful...

and yall know what to do!!!!if any of you have requests please do leave em somewhere for me where i can see em!!!!