Starry Night

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to DulciaSomnia!!!!i hope you like it dongsaenggie!!!!

Son Dongwoon

You give yourself one more once over in the mirror and are satisfied with what is reflected back. You were planning on going to the fair that was being held at the park and it was scorching hot today, so you had dressed appropriately. You were wearing a short, dark blue skirt and a frilly, white tanktop. On your head was a wide brimmed straw hat with a blue ribbon wrapped around it and you had slipped into flat white sandals, the strap covered with small white flowers. All done! Now to just double check the food and I’ll be all set to go! Checking off a mental checklist, you pack all the food into a picnic basket and after placing the blanket on top, you sit down on your couch waiting for your boyfriend to come. He better come soon, I want to make the most of this day! Just as you thought that, the doorbell rang and you went to check the monitor to see who was at the door. Spotting your boyfriend’s face, you quickly grab your purse and the basket and run out.

Once you emerged from the front door of your apartment complex, you said, in a breathless voice, “Hi.”

“And hello to you too.” He took the basket from you and grasped the now free hand. “Shall we go then?”

“Let’s go go go!”, you shout out eagerly.

In the car, the two of you chatted away and you spent those moments studying your boyfriend. Dongwoon was wearing black board shorts with a white polo and a pair of leather sandals, a simple look that contradicted his career.

“We should probably buy you a hat when we get there…it’ll help to keep from people recognizing you so much. And you won’t get too tanned or anything either!”

“That’s a good idea, I should have brought one from home instead though.”, he turned to give you a rueful smile.

After a couple more minutes, you spotted the top of the Ferris wheel and started bouncing in your seat. “We’re almost there!”

Laughing, Dongwoon shakes his head and just keeps driving. When you finally reached the grounds, your hand was poised over the release button for your seatbelt and the moment Dongwoon entered a parking spot, you leaped out. As you stood outside staring with wonder at all the different things set up, Dongwoon quickly parked.

He leapt out of the car and ran around to face you, gripping your shoulders. “____, are you crazy? The car was still moving!”

You shrug out of his grasp and walk to the trunk to get out the picnic basket. “Relax Boo, I’m fine aren’t I?” Dongwoon shot you a look, the one that he gave you when he was frustrated beyond words. “So, I was thinking we eat first since it is almost lunch time and then we wander around! How does that sound?”, you say nonchalantly.

Shaking his head one more time, Dongwoon grabbed the basket from your hands. “Sounds like a plan to me.”

The two of you walked hand in hand toward the designated picnic area. Both of you had forgotten that Dongwoon still needed a hat until some girls started whispering to each other and pointing your way. Wondering why they were staring at you, you turn to Dongwoon questioningly, but it was pointless asking, your answer was standing right beside you. I just hope that they’ll leave us in peace today, or at least in some relative peace. I don’t want to be bombarded with fans like the last time. As you shook out the blanket, some brave girls walked up and quietly asked for an autograph. You quietly set up lunch and wait for Dongwoon to sit down and join you. Please go please go please go… Immediately you feel bad and flush in embarrassment at your thoughts. It’s his life, I can’t expect it to change. To get your mind off the fan girls, you take a look around at the park and you see many families and couples having a picnic just like you and Dongwoon. I’ve always wanted to do something like this and now I’m finally able to!

“Ah, finally done…”, Dongwoon heaved out as he sat down, eyeing the food. “You made all of this?” You nodded and picked up a piece of kimbap to feed to him. As he chewing, he exclaimed, “Waah! This is so good! This is why I love you ____.”

Scrunching your nose at him, you reply back, “Good to know all I have to do to make you stay is feed you. Just eat your precious food why don’t you?”

You finish eating your lunch and lay back down on the blanket to watch the passing clouds. Dongwoon finished just a bit after you and you helped to clear up the leftovers.

“I’ll go buy the tickets, you go put the food away?”, you ask Dongwoon, but before he could answer, you went off leaving him no choice. When you two finally entered the grounds, you pulled him toward the games area. “Win me a teddy bear Boo?”, you ask him, giving your very best pleading face.

“Why don’t you win me one first and then I’ll see?”, Dongwoon teased you.

“If I could win one myself do you think I’d be asking you?” You drag him to a booth that was selling huge bears. “Please Woonie? I’ll buy you something to eat!”

Dongwoon paid the person and picked up the gun. As soon as the game started, he started shooting rapidly at the target, you cheering him on by the side. In the end, he had managed to get enough points for a medium sized blue bear.

“Here you go, I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labour.”, Dongwoon presented the bear to you, bowing low as though he was a royal official or something.

“Why thank you good sir, I shall cuddle this bear to death in my sleep.”

As promised, you bought yourself and him cotton candy and the two of you roamed through the grounds holding hands. When you passed by a store, you happened to spot the hats that they had on display and you were suddenly reminded that Dongwoon needed one.

“One sec Boo, I’ll be right back.”

You rush into the store and stare at the hats. Which one will look best on him? You look up to see what he was wearing and you grab a blue hat that matched the ribbon on yours. He’s wearing black and white, anything will look good. Plus, now we match!

“Tada!” You try to tiptoe from behind to place the hat on his head, but you being just a bit above 5 feet, you end up hitting him on the back of the neck. “Well…that didn’t work as well as I thought it would…”

Turning around, Dongwoon spotted the hat in your hands. “For me?” Taking it at your nod, he quickly put it on, lowering the bill so that his face was shrouded in a shadow.

You eye him carefully and then give a nod of satisfaction. “This should help keep you from being discovered at least a little bit!”

Finishing off the cotton candy, you two go on some rides, stopping every once in a while to look at the trinkets and random things being sold and eating more. Soon it had turned to dusk and it was nearing the time when the fair would be closed down for the day.

“Ferris wheel?”, you ask Dongwoon, wanting one last ride for the night.

Since there was barely a line, the two of you were able to get onto a car pretty fast and slowly ascended high into the sky. Since it was night, the air had turned cool and you shivered slightly, eliciting Dongwoon to pull you closer into him and wrapping his arm around you.

“It’s so peaceful isn’t it?”, you whisper as you looked out onto the light speckled landscape of Seoul.

“Yeah, just the two of us alone and nothing else…I like it.”

When the car reached the top, the Ferris wheel came to a stop. You look to Dongwoon for an answer, but he just shrugged back.

“Maybe someone’s getting off?”

A silence falls over the two of you and the air around you suddenly becomes charged with emotions. Dongwoon bent his head down until his forehead was resting on yours, his eyes boring into yours. Don’t breathe, don’t breathe…you’ll ruin this moment! As you concentrated on holding your breath so as to not disrupt the moment, Dongwoon leaned down and pressed his lips against yours softly.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Boo.”

And the car slowly began its descent back to the ground.

so...howd yall like it????please comment and let me know!!!!also, if you have any requests leave them in the comment box or send me a message!!!!thnk you!!!!