I Lay It At Your Feet

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

ITS LAY!!!!im so in love with him at the moment...hes just sooo adorably cute and his smile and...and...well...i could go on forever...BUT LAY!!!!sooo...crappy title cuz ugh im just so bad with titles...though i kinda meant it to be like a pun like thing...you know...the story being about lay and 'I LAY It At  Your Feet"...and something happens in the story for the feet part...and im rambling about nothing...sigh...hate writing in chunks which i had to do for this oneshot seeing as i got super sick...and well...chunky writing means im not satisfied and its probably weirdly put together...and im just going to stop here...hopefully yall will enjoy!!!!

Lay

You stare into the dimly lit storage room and heave a sigh at the sight of boxes upon boxes upon boxes, towering slightly above you. Grabbing one, you nearly collapse from the weight of it, but after finding your balance, you set off to find the elevator that would bring you down to the basement. Not exactly what I had in mind when thinking about doing an internship…
You were a business major and during summer break, you had wanted to immerse yourself in the corporate world to get a sense of what your future job environment would be like. Your aunt was coincidentally the head of Public Relations at SM Entertainment and you had begged her for a month before she finally relented and gave you the ‘internship’ that you so wanted, at the price of you forgoing any type of wage since it wasn’t an official position. Unfortunately for you, your aunt and yourself had two different definitions of the word intern, you had thought it would be something more along the lines of shadowing and maybe attempting to do some business related work whereas your aunt interpreted it as being a lackey.
Setting the box down in the elevator, you press the button to go down to the basement and patiently waited for it to go the nine floors down, because obviously being on a lower level was far too lucky for you. I would have been better off working as a waitress or something…at least I would be earning! Exiting the elevator, you search through the basement for the other boxes labeled ‘Discarded Clothing’. Laying the box down amongst them, you peak into its fellow neighbors. Why don’t they sell these? Or better yet, give them to me? I don’t think I’d mind emptying out that storage room if it meant keeping these clothes! For some reason all the outfits had to be kept from all the groups, no matter how old they were and how unlikely it was to fit its original owners again. Lingering, you took one last look at the pile of old clothes before turning back to finish your job.
Half the day went by and you’d just finished clearing half the boxes. You threw your hands up in frustration. “Ugh! How long is this going to take?” You kick at a box in anger.
Sitting down, you take a five minute rest. Even though you had just taken your lunch break an hour before, your arms were beginning to protest at their extensive use. With your arms still feeling slightly sore, you got up once again and went back to work with a vigor, wanting to finish your task and get out as quickly as possible. This time though, you decided not to bring one box at a time as you had been doing before, but since no one had used the elevator in the time since you started, you planned on filling the elevator with as many boxes as possible. The strain on your arms was the same, but you were hoping that this way things would go faster than they had been before. Just as you were carrying out the fifth and last box for that round, your foot caught onto the box propping the door open and you found yourself sprawled on the floor with clothes all around you. Oh great…
A loud burst of laughter startled you and when you looked in the direction it came from, you turned beet red. Doubly great… I had an audience too… In front of you stood a couple members from the rookie group EXO, all who had just moments ago witnessed your tremendous show. Quickly averting your eyes, you focused on picking up all the clothes as quickly as possible and making a run for it. To your surprise, a pair of pale hands appeared in front of you. With your head still down, you peeked up slightly to see who it was. Eek! It’s one of them! It wasn’t that you didn’t already know it would be one of them, but you’d hadn’t been expecting it all the same. With everything back into the boxes, you quickly stood up and picked up one and, to your utter astonishment, the boy picked up the other. Not knowing what to say, you just walked to the elevator and the soft thuds you heard from behind indicated that he was following.
“Um…Thanks.”, you say as he handed you his box.
Giving you a gentle smile, he just bowed and left.
The next day you had thankfully been assigned to organize file folders, which, compared to yesterday, was far easier. At lunch, you sat by yourself in a corner, still having not made any friends. Eating quickly, you grab a cup of coffee to go and just as you make your way back up to the office, you happened to see the EXO boys again. Well…at least this time I’ve not embarrassed myself… Taking a sip of the coffee, you suddenly feel the front of your shirt become wet. Looking down, you see the brown liquid dripped off your shirt and taking a look at the cup in your hand, you realized that the lid had not been pressed down properly. I spoke too soon…

Lay’s POV

Walking in, his eye fell upon the girl from yesterday. It’s good to see that she didn’t hurt herself after that fall… Lingering in the middle of the pack of boys, Yixing listened as the others laughed and talked, his thoughts remaining on you and how cute you looked when you were embarrassed, the pink flush on your cheeks.
“Oh, it’s that girl from yesterday.”, Luhan remarked.
As all the boys fixed their gaze upon her, Yixing watched as she lifted her cup to …and consequently spilling the hot drink all over herself. The boys couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight.
“Seems like she just gets awestruck every time she sees us.”, Chen remarked, a smirk on his face.
It wasn’t an uncommon sight, seeing fans act ridiculous at the sight of them, but for some reason Yixing felt sorry for her and uncomfortable at the harmless jokes the members were now tossing about. What if she got burned? And…the coffee is going to stain… She’s not going to walk around the rest of the day in that shirt…is she?
Unnoticed by the members, Yixing slipped away and quietly made his way toward you.

Your POV

Swallowing the urge to yelp in pain, you quickly put the cup down and hold your shirt away from your skin. What am I going to do? I don’t bring spare clothes with me! What are people going to say? This is so embarrassing! Leaving the object of your misery behind, you hurry to the bathroom, your thoughts occupied on trying to figure out a possible solution to your problem. Of course, this preoccupation didn’t really include looking around, so you walked straight into a solid something.
“Ow…”, you exhale, more shocked than actually hurt. Looking up, you saw the same friendly brown eyes as you had yesterday and you let out a whimper of humiliation. Great…they really are a curse…
“Are you okay?”, the boy asked in a soft and slow voice.
All you could do was nod in reply.
“You didn’t burn yourself, did you?” At the shake of your head, he nodded in relief. “Do you have something you can change into?”
You hesitated. What do I do? What do I say? In the end, you just shook your head no. Grabbing your hand, he led you away silently. His hand was soft and his grip wasn’t too tight, and it just fit with your hand in a way that it made the situation seem alright for awhile. You two stopped in front of what looked like a change room and letting go of your hand, he went in. As you stared at the door waiting for him to reappear, you noticed that your hand felt strangely cold. I miss his warmth… Oh lord, don’t tell me you’ve fallen for him over one kind act? No, wait, not one, but two… Not that it makes a difference ____! But he’s so nice…he didn’t even laugh once…
“Here, why don’t you wear this?” In his hands he held a plain white t-shirt and judging from the size, it was obviously his.
“Are you sure?”
Picking up your hand, he closed it around the shirt and gave you a gorgeous dimpled smile. “If I wasn’t I wouldn’t be giving it would I?”
“Thank you,”, you said softly, “Really…for both today and yesterday.”
As you turned to leave, he called out. “By the way, my name’s Yixing… How about you?” Smiling brightly, you turn around and tell him. “Let’s…let’s meet up again?”, he asked hesitantly.
“I think we’ll definitely be seeing each other again.”, you say as you lift up your shirt. “And if you continue to be my knight in shining armor, it’ll definitely be many, many times more.”
That brilliant smile lit his face up again and your heart flip flopped in your chest. Turning around, you unconsciously hug his shirt to your chest and prayed for what you hoped wouldn’t be too impossible, a friendship with that gentle idol.

btw...just to clear things up...the whole fallen thing isnt like the "ive fallen in love kind"...its more like "ive fallen for him cuz hes being so nice so im actually going to think about him a bit" fallen...which eventually leads to the first meaning...but yeah...just wanted to get that out there...

LAY!!!!sorry...but seriously...hes awesome...and i feel i didnt do him justice with this story...sigh...

anyways...howd you guys like it????please leave your comments and thoughts or requests in the box below!!!!thnxies!!!!