Cram Session

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to Humii369 unnie!!!!i hope you like it!!!!and i hope it helps to motivate you!!!!and keep you on track with studying!!!!teehee!!!!

Kris

“Ohhhwahhh.” You stretch out your arms, leaning back over the chair.

You stare at your books, contemplating what to do. Finally you get up and walk away from your desk, leaving the seat that had been your best friend for the past couple of days. You walk into your kitchen and peer into the fridge, only to find it empty except for one or two apples, some milk and an egg. Sighing, you close the fridge, opening the freezer instead.

“Jackpot!”, you exclaim as you spot a tub of cookie dough ice cream.

You grab it and a spoon and make your way back to your desk again. Mini break over, time to get cracking. As you ate, you continued studying. Oh how I hate exams…I’ve got no life anymore. Ugh, I can’t wait for this one to be over and then I’ll be free! But of course, it has to be my biggest exam yet… Once the ice cream finished, you put the spoon down and push your chair back to stare once again at the books that littered every inch of your desk, all open to various pages filled with highlighted text and post-its with extra notes.

“Ah, well at least I’m halfway done, that’s something.”

As you went to put away the ice cream, your cell phone rang. Hurrying back into your room, you rummage around for it, not finding it. You stop for a moment and listen to the rings, following them back to your cell phone. You see the caller display and your boyfriend’s name is flashing across it.

“Yeah?”, you answer as you walk back to the kitchen to wash the spoon.

“No hi?”, his deep voice reverberated through the phone.

“Fine, hi Kris! How’re you doing?”, you reply, your voice a bit chipper.

You smile as you hear him laugh through the phone. I miss him…

“What’re you doing? You know you’ve basically disappeared off the face of the earth right? I haven’t heard from or seen you in a week now! I miss you.”

“I know, I know. I miss you too, but what do expect me to do? I’ve got this really big exam coming up…I’ve been studying like 24/7. Anyway, how about you? How was LA?”

The last time you had seen your boyfriend was 2 weeks ago, before you had to bury yourself in your books and before he had to leave for a concert in California.

“It was good. The guys and I went to Disneyland, it was cool.”

“Hmm…that sounds good.”, you reply back distracted, as you were focusing on the text in front of you.

“Do you think you can spare some time to meet up?”

“Huh? Did you say something?”

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Kris said, “Nothing, it’s alright. Just go back to studying alright? I’ll see you.”

“Yeah, sorry Kris, but…bye!”, you hang up feeling a little guilty, that is until the calendar on your desk caught your eye. “Back to studying I go, three more days till freedom!”

Once again you basically lock yourself in your room, doing nothing but study the day away, getting up once in a while to grab some water or something to eat, but otherwise just studying. I guess it’s cereal again for dinner… At thar moment, you hear the lock to your apartment jiggling until finally the door opened. Huh…is someone hear? Just as you were about to leave to see who it was, you turn back to pick up the lamp sitting on your night table. Just to be on the safe side. You inch your way out, each step increasing your paranoia. Why’d I leave my phone back in my room? Now how’ll I call for help! You see a light on in the kitchen and taking a deep breath, you brandish the lamp high and run in. When you see who it is, you stop in your tracks, the lamp still held over your head.

“What’re you doing here?”

“You know, a lamp wouldn’t particularly do me harm right? Especially one that skinny and with that weird bendy neck?”

Your boyfriend came over and slowly pried it out of your fingers, placing it on the counter before leaning down for a kiss. Since he was more than 6 feet tall and you were barely 5, you had to tiptoe to meet him halfway.

“I thought you’d like some home cooked dinner, knowing you, you’ve probably been eating whatever is in the house if and when you do remember that there’s such a thing as food.”

You look down sheepishly. “But you didn’t have to come, I’d have been alright…”

Walking back to the kitchen, he continued to talk to you while washing the vegetables he had brought with him. “This is a purely selfish, I’ve missed you too much that even just watching you eat would have been enough.”

You walk up beside him and peer into the grocery bags. “What’re you planning on making?”

“Spaghetti.” Putting the now clean vegetables onto the counter, he placed his large hands onto your shoulders, steering you back into your room. After seating you in your chair, he walked back out, turning at the door to say, “Now you stay here and study and once dinner is done I’ll call you alright? I don’t want to see or hear a peep from you now.” Tossing you his trademark grin, the one that melted you and a million other girls into a puddle, he left.

You did as you were told, but you couldn’t help the little niggling in your mind about whether or not Kris was fine. Has he even cooked before…I don’t think he has. Does he know he’s got to boil the water before putting in the pasta? And that he should put a teaspoon of salt and oil into the water? He’s not going to cut or burn himself right? You get up to go check up on him, despite his having told you not to and just as you were about to step out of your room, you went back to your desk. No, I’m sure everything’s fine. He wouldn’t do something that he can’t do, he does have his pride after all. Nope, you’re going to sit here and continue studying as you are supposed to be doing. You push all other thoughts out of your mind and focus on reading and absorbing.

Finally Kris came to your door and called you to dinner, a delicious smell wafting throughout your house. “Dinner’s done, time to get some food into you.”

“Mm, it smells good!”

When you walk into the kitchen, you see your mini table set for two, dinner already placed on it. A single rose in a thin vase adorned the table.

“It…looks so romantic…”

“What else did you expect? This is a date after all, come on, sit and eat.” Kris pulled out your chair for you before sitting himself.

With great expectation, you took a big bite out of the spaghetti, only to find yourself struggling to keep a straight face. It’s…so…salty…And mushy…At least the vegetables are cooked well. You look up and find Kris staring intently at you, his plate still left untouched. He’s waiting for me to say something before eating himself isn’t he?

“It’s nice!”, you force out and take another bite. “First time making spaghetti?”

A smile of relief passed Kris’ face. “No, I’ve made it for the members before.”

Oh god, he made it for s too? Those poor souls, how awful it must have been…

You watch as Kris finally tastes his dinner and are amused to see the emotions that flickered across his face, finally settling to a hard one. Without a word, you continued to eat.

“…You know…you don’t have to eat that if you don’t want to right? I can always just go order something…”

You give him a smile. “Nope! This is perfect, finally I’m eating some real food!”

After all, it is the thought that counts!

Cheeks flushed a little bit, the two of you ate and caught up on what had happened the past two weeks. Thinking that the meal was over after dinner, you got up to help clean up, but Kris motioned for you to keep sitting. Picking up the empty plates, he disappeared for a bit, before returning with a covered box.

“There’s more?”, you ask, slightly worried because you knew you wouldn’t be able to pretend anymore.

“Relax, this I bought.” Kris placed the box in the middle and sat down, before opening it to reveal decadent chocolate topped strawberries.

“You didn’t.”, you say as you stared at your favourite dessert.

“Oh yes I did.”, Kris replied as he picked one of them from the box and he said, “Ah.”

You open your mouth obediently and he popped it in. You close your eyes as you chew and savour every bite. Oh this is so good!

“Heaven in my mouth, heaven I say.”, you sigh out happily.

Giving you another grin, Kris ate one himself and that’s how your stay at home date ended, the two of you eating the strawberries together. Expecting Kris to leave once dinner was over, you were surprised to find that he rather followed you into your room, laying down on the bed. You stand by your desk and stare at him questioningly.

Picking up a book from your night table, Kris glanced up at you. “Oh, don’t mind me, you’ll barely be able to tell I’m here. Just go on studying.”, he said as he shifted around on the bed, before settling down.

Alright then…well, it’ll be good to just have him here.

He read while you studied and true to his word, you completely forgot that he was there. That was, of course, until he fell asleep. You heard Kris call out your name, so you turned around, but there he was with his eyes closed. Huh, maybe I’m imagining things. You went back to studying, but you heard your name called out again. This time when you turned around, you continued to watch him for some time and you soon realized that he was sleep talking. How could I forget about that habit of his. As he continued to babble in his sleep, you get up and go to tuck the blanket over him. He looks so tired and yet he did all this for me…Such a sweet angel. You leaned down and gave him a peck on the forehead. As you turned to leave, you felt a tug on your hand. You looked back and saw that Kris was holding your hand.

“I love you…”, he muttered sleepily before letting go and turning onto his side, facing away from you.

“I love you too.” And you went back to studying, with the background music provided by Kris who was now switching between English, Korean and Mandarin in rapid fire.

sooo...as usual...please comment and let me know what you think!!!!

and readers!!!!please please please please PLEASE give me some requests!!!!ive only got one other oneshot left that ive got to write but other than that ive got nothing else to write!!!!so just leave me a comment or a message with your request!!!!thnk you!!!!