Green With Envy

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

its my first time writing something like this and i feel like its really awkward...hmm...which is odd since i actually quite like scenarios like this!!!!oh well...hope you guys enjoy reading!!!!

Jung Ilhoon

Checking your watch, you hurriedly stuff your books in your bag and wait at the edge of your seat. As the second hand ticked by, you counted down to the bell and as it rang, you burst out of the classroom at full speed. Running as fast as you could, you make it out of the school before the end of the day rush started and managed to catch the early bus. You find a free seat and sit down breathing hard as you tried to catch your breathe. After your breathing returned to normal, you turn to stare out the window willing the bus to move faster as you were already late. Ilhoon had invited you to come to the broadcast station that day for their performance, but unlike him you still had school to attend which was the reason for your rush. Looking down, you pick at your school skirt regretfully. I wish I’d had time to change…but if I missed this bus then I’d miss his performance too, I’ve already missed the rehearsal… Sighing, you smooth down your skirt before turning your attention back to the flying scenery.
An hour later the bus stopped at the corner of the street where the broadcast station was and as you got off, you could hear the screams of the fan girls as they waited outside for their idols. Walking into the building, you make sure to keep your head down and flashing a security guard the pass that Ilhoon had given you, you enter the audience space for your boyfriend’s performance. Though rehearsals were still going on, the place was packed and though you were uncomfortable with all the pushing and the shoving you smiled in anticipation of  Ilhoon’s performance. Should I go backstage to wish him luck? Nah, he’s probably busy going over last minute preparations and it’ll be crazy back there too as they get ready. Anyways he’ll do fine, he always does!
Finally the boys came out to perform and the screams erupted around you as the fans saw them. They were prerecording their stage as they had a schedule after, which was why you had been able to come to watch. If it had been as usual, their performance would have been too late and with the hour ride home, your mother would have killed you. You joined in on the cheering as the first notes started and you watched as they completed their routine flawlessly. As the music faded out the cheers increased and the members bowed and made their way out.
You joined the flow of fans as they made their way out of the stage, but once outside you leave the mass of people and head toward the dressing rooms. Turning the corner, you find Ilhoon and Minhyuk chatting with the members of 4Minute. You watch from a distance not wanting to interrupt them. Your mind wandered off to their performance, but your head was brought out of the clouds immediately when you saw one of the members hug Ilhoon. The smile you’d been wearing faltered, but you comforted yourself by saying that it was only expected, after all they were label mates. Yet as you continued watching, the smile slipped further and further with every touch between the girls and Ilhoon.
To your relief they soon left, but your torture wasn’t over as you saw G.NA coming over. To your utter shock, she placed a kiss on his cheek before hugging him. Tears filled your eyes as you watched Ilhoon hug her back.
“She’s from Canada ____, to them hugs and kisses aren’t uncommon between friends. It’s nothing, it’s just her way of greeting. And of course they’d be comfortable enough to do that, after all Ilhoon did feature in her last song, what’s a hug or two right?”, you mutter to yourself as you try to blink away the tears.
Yet they continued talking and though a part of you wanted to run over and drag Ilhoon away, you kept yourself hidden out of view. Jealousy coursed through your veins as you watched G.NA ruffle his hair before leaving. Ilhoon turned around to go into the dressing room and in doing so he spotted you. A giant smile lit his face as he lifted his hand to wave and started toward you. You watched his progress through blurry eyes and once he was close enough to see the tears, you see his face crumple up in confusion and you decided that you couldn’t face him, not like that. Whipping around, you hurry out the building and head to the bus stand you’d been dropped off at.
Head down, you wipe the tears from your eyes willing the bus to come right then, but you knew the next bus wasn’t going to come for at least another twenty minutes. As you continued to stand there you kept expecting to feel a hand on your shoulder and you hoped beyond hope that he had come after you. Yet as your tears slowly stopped that touch never came and your heart fell even further. Why would he care about me when he’s surrounded by such beautiful girls? No, stop ____, what are you saying? You know he can’t come unless you want your relationship revealed… As your rationality kicked in the pain in your heart lessened, but remained nevertheless.
The twenty minutes passed and the bus arrived and you stepped on with heavy feet. Grabbing a seat in the back, you rest your head against the window, allowing the cool glass to calm the headache your crying had brought about. As the bus took off, you felt your phone vibrate.
Is everything okay? Why’d you run off like that? Where are you? I’ve got a couple minutes before I have to leave, let’s meet up.
As you stared at the message, the tears reappeared as your mind replayed the scene you had witnessed. With shaky fingers you send back your reply.
I’m already on the bus. Everything is okay. I’ll see you the next time. Have fun.
As you put your phone back into your pocket, you know that the text was uncharacteristic of you and Ilhoon would worry, but you couldn’t care any less because you were too busy trying to subdue the heartache you were feeling. Leaning your head against the seat, you think back to all the times you’d been hurt and jealous by what Ilhoon did. It wasn’t his fault, but it wasn’t yours either, it was natural to feel protective of him and seeing all those other girls lay claim on him would hurt you of course.
You arrived home and went straight upstairs, skipping dinner because you’d lost your appetite. As you flung yourself onto your bed, you buried your face into your pillow. Good thing it’s the weekend tomorrow, I don’t think I’d be able to get up to go to school… Exhausted from your trip and your tears and your memories, you fall into a deep sleep.
The next morning you were still feeling down, but you were already over yesterday, the jealousy of the moment had passed. The only thing you really regretted was running away from Ilhoon. What am I going to say to him the next time we meet? And oh that text…he must think I’m mad at him!
You tried to distract yourself by doing some of your homework, your chores and going for a walk, but your mind always wandered back to the hurt expression on Ilhoon’s face when he saw you turning away. You would pick up your phone to text him only to put it back down because you were too embarrassed of your behavior. By afternoon you were back in your bed in the same position as the night before.
The bell rang and as much as you didn’t want to get up, you were home alone. As it rang the second time, you hurried down calling out to them to let them know that you were there. As you pulled the door open, you find the last person you’d been expecting on the other side.
“Ilhoon?”
ing a bouquet at you, he avoided your eyes. “I…I got those for you.”
“Um…thank you.” You pull the door open wider and step aside, motioning him to come inside. “I’ll just go put these in water.”
After putting the flowers into a vase, you leaned against the counter, your hand over your heart as you willed it to calm down. Walking into the living room, your stomach filled with butterflies. You found Ilhoon pacing, but when he saw you he stopped when you stood in front of him.
“I’m sorry.”, the both of you blurted out at the same time.
After a little pause, you spoke up. “Why…why’re you sorry?”
“Minhyuk hyung told me that you might have got upset while we’d been talking with our sunbaes…”, he said sheepishly.
“But that’s no fault of yours! It was me…I knew it was nothing and yet I still got jealous… I’m sorry for running away.”
The two of you stood in silence before Ilhoon engulfed you into a hug. “You don’t know how worried I was when I saw you crying and then you ran off… I wanted to go after you so bad but… And then your reply, I could barely sleep last night!” Hugging him tighter you say you’re sorry again. “Just…just don’t run away again okay?”
As was your custom, you made him a pinky promise. After he wiped the tears that had made yet another appearance, the two of you sat down comfortably to talk it out.
“But why would you even get jealous? You know that I love you, so why?”
You shake your head at the typical question. “You probably won’t understand, but when I see them I don’t see what’s so special about me. I mean I’m not as pretty as them and I’m not as talented, so why would you pick me over them? And you’re going to say I’m wrong and I am beautiful in my own way, but no matter what you say I’m still going to feel like that occasionally…”
“Well, you got one thing right, I don’t understand, but if it’ll make you feel better…how about I make you a promise in return to ask them to not hug me hmm?” When he saw the corners of your mouth lift, he added in a cheesy voice, “After all I belong only to you.”
Whacking him softly in the chest, you made the promise and the two of you settled back quietly. All of a sudden Ilhoon stood up and, grabbing your hand, he dragged you to the door.
“How about I show you just how much I love you? That should help keep the green monster at bay huh?”
Laughing you follow him out the door, grateful to just be spending time with him. True to his word, Ilhoon never let go of your hand, making sure that you were as close to him as possible. Any time the opportunity arose, he placed a firm kiss on your lips or cheeks, a kiss that turned you into a puddle and did in fact chase out any feelings of jealousy in you.

so howd you guys find it????...the ending was weird wasnt it????and i completely forgot that ilhoon doesnt like skinship!!!!but id already finished it...sigh...anyways...leave me your comments below!!!!

so as always an update on my request list!!!!its a short one...ive only got a kyungsoo oneshot lined up to write next...so if you guys have any requests yall know what to do by now!!!!

also...just wanted to add that since im on break now i will be focusing more on finishing up my current stories but...as was the reason i started this collection up...i do need a break time to time which is when i will be finishing any requests from here or tumblr!!!!though it may take me some time they will be written!!!!