Knowing The Limits

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

sooo...this was my first request on my scenario blog...it was anonymous until my sister told me a few days back that she sent it...sigh...oh wellsies!!!!so this oneshot is dedicated to hellhathfury!!!!

...luv choding yeollie...hope you guys enjoy too!!!!

Lee Sungyeol

Frustrated, you toss yet another outfit out of your closet and onto your bed. “Aah! Why can’t I find anything to wear?”
Sungyeol had invited you to a party that his company was holding ahead of the launch of their new album. He’d said that it was a formal, yet still informal party and you couldn’t figure out for the life of you what he meant by that. And to top off your confusion, he’d just told you today about this party, which left you with very little time to sort everything out. It was this carefree, childish attitude that attracted me to him, but it’s also the cause of my biggest headaches too!
“How is something formal and informal at the same time?”, you huff out as you eyed a dress, but ultimately that too disappeared into the clothing pit your bed had become. “You’ll look fine in whatever you wear ____, don’t worry about it.”, you say in a mocking voice. “Not everyone has a stylist running around after them making sure they look impeccable.”
Heaving a sigh, you continue to flip through your clothes. Informal, but still formal…so…semi-formal? What do I have that is semi-formal? Spying a pink blazer, you pick it out and an idea begins to formulate in your mind. Ruffling through the clothes that had been discarded, you come across a white dress with a pale pink pattern. Hmm…this shouts semi-formal doesn’t it? Though it’s definitely leaning more toward the formal. I like it. Satisfied, you heave a sigh of relief and proceed to get ready. Your hunt for the perfect outfit had taken longer than you had expected so you only had about an hour to fix your hair and do your makeup, and if clothes had been hard to find, then accessories were going to be a nightmare.
Refreshed from your bath and in your clothes, you sat in front of your dresser as you contemplated what to do. I don’t really have time to do much of an updo…I guess I’ll just straighten my hair and leave it like that, another element of informal! Having straightened your hair, you touch up your face with minimal make up, all the colors being very natural. With your hair down, your choice of earrings became limited because long ones would catch in your hair and as your studs collection was quite miniscule, you decided on the small wings that Sungyeol had gotten you for you birthday. Apart from that the only other piece of jewelry you had on was the couple ring both Sungyeol and you wore, it was a plain and simple silver band that never left its place on your right ring finger. Glancing in the mirror, you’re satisfied with how you look and putting your tube of lip gloss, purse and cell phone into the small white clutch you were bringing with you, you walk out to your living room to wait for Sungyeol.

Sungyeol’s POV

“Hyung! Dongwoo hyung!”
Dongwoo emerged from the bedroom buttoning up his shirt. “What is it Yeol?”
Bounding over with a mischievous grin on his face, Sungyeol asked, “Hyung, you’re sister is going to be coming to the party tonight right?”
“Uh-huh, why?”
“Hyung, do you want to help me play a prank on ____?”, the glint in the choding’s eyes brightened.
All the members were used to Sungyeol’s pranking ways and though they were always harmless, something told Dongwoo to be wary. Eyes narrowing, Dongwoo hesitatingly asked, “Why? What’re you planning?”
Clapping, Sungyeol divulged his plans to the older man. “So, do you think your sister will help?”
With an uneasy look on his face, Dongwoo nodded. “You’re not going to go too far though are you?” At Sungyeol’s promise, Dongwoo proceeded to call his older sister to share the plans Sungyeol had in mind.
Gleefully Sungyeol got ready quickly and left to pick you up. This is going to be fun.

Your POV

Hey, I’m a block away. Meet me downstairs.
Yeollie

At the text, you quickly don your heels and taking a quick look in the mirror in your front hall, walk down to meet your boyfriend. He had literally just pulled in when you walked out the front door of your apartment complex. Waving for him to stay seated, you open the door and sit with him in the backseat. It was a bit bothersome needing to be driven around by his manager, but you’d become used to his presence. Giving him a polite bow and greeting, you turn to give Sungyeol a hug.
“Well don’t we look dashing?”, you say as you take in Sungyeol’s outfit.
He was wearing plain black dress pants with black dress shoes and he’d tucked in his white dress shirt with the top two buttons undone. It was very simple and understated but you liked it, it made him look clean and mature. His hair had been straightened and his bangs were swept to the side. For some reason, your eyes were attracted to his hands and, to your disappointment, you saw that his ring was missing.
Pouting, you point to the slight tan line of the ring. “Why aren’t you wearing it?”
“Whoops, I think I forgot to put it back on after my shower.”, he said wincing, but he expertly switched the topic. “You look beautiful ____!”
Though still upset about the missing ring, you decide to forgive and forget this once and beamed at the compliment. “Do you have any idea how long it took me to find this outfit? If you’d come up you’d think my closet had erupted or something what with all the clothes lying about. Seriously Yeollie,  you couldn’t have been more vague with your description could you?”
He just laughed it off. “Well you figured it out anyway didn’t you?” Eyeing your dress again, he said in a suddenly serious voice, “Don’t you think the dress is a bit short? Aish, I don’t even have anything to give you to cover up. We can turn around if you want to change you know?”
You stare at him blankly. “I just told you how much time and effort I spent on this outfit and you want me to change?” Sungyeol just nodded silently in response. “Don’t worry, the dress goes below my fingertips, it’s just because I’m sitting you think it’s so short.”, you say with a sigh. When Sungyeol opened his mouth to complain further, you interrupt him. “Either way, I’m not going to change so either I go to the party like this or I don’t go at all.”
Making a face Sungyeol finally backed down. On the ride over you ask about the album and about the party. You found out that it was going to be held in one of the company’s conference rooms and it was going to be mostly the Woolim artists and their families, which was comforting. When you arrived, Sungyeol bolted out of the car and hurried over to your side to help you out. Laughing, you take his hand and allow him to pull you out. He suddenly leaned in and gave you a small peck.
“What was that for?”, you ask bewildered.
With a smile and a shrug of the shoulders, Sungyeol took your hand and together you walked in. The party was already underway and, just as Sungyeol had told you, it was a pretty small crowd. You stick by Sungyeol’s side and greet everyone before finally coming to the INFINITE members. Having met them on several occasions you were glad to finally find company you were comfortable with. As you chatted with Sungjong, you noticed out of the corner of your eyes that Sungyeol was getting close to another woman. Is she someone he’s close to? He didn’t introduce us just now…
Excusing yourself from Sungjong, you turn to join Sungyeol again. You wait for Sungyeol to introduce you, but he hadn’t so much as spared you a glance so you decide to greet the mysterious woman yourself. “Hi, I’m ____.”
“Jang Kkot Ip, nice to meet you.”, she said as she smiled brightly at you and returned your bow.
Just as you were about to ask her something, Sungyeol butted in and stole her attention, he even angled his body slightly so that you were cut off from the pair. You stare at Sungyeol’s shoulder in disbelief, wondering what had gotten into him. He’s being a bit rude isn’t he? I mean, first he doesn’t introduce me and now he’s pushed me out of the way? What’s gotten into him? Passing it off as a simple misunderstanding, you shift slightly to your left so that you are no more behind him and once again attempt to join the conversation.
“So your last name is Jang? Does that me-”
“Noona, how was your trip to Busan?”, Sungyeol asked brightly and loudly, cleanly leaving your question hanging in the air.
The smile on the woman’s face never left and the two of them talked pleasantly. All of a sudden Sungyeol leaned forward and brushed her shoulder. You gaped at the spot he’d just touched on her shirt in shock. Please…please tell me I didn’t see what I think I saw… He didn’t…he didn’t just…touch her right? I…I imagined that…right?
“Noona, there’s something on your shirt right there.” and to your utmost shock, he brushed her shoulder once more.
“Oh thank you Sungyeollie.”
Sungyeollie? Sungyeollie? Who is she to be talking to him so casually? Only I’m allowed to call him Sungyeollie! Utterly shocked, you decided that you needed to clear your head so you excused yourself from them and walked away. After a few steps, you turn around to see if Sungyeol had noticed, but he was just as animated as he was before. A slight frown appeared on  your face as you watched the two talk merrily as though your presence hadn’t mattered, much less your absence. What is this? I didn’t come here to feel miserable…it’s supposed to be fun… Sighing, you pour yourself a cup of juice and as the cool liquid washed down your throat, you felt your calm return to you.

Sungyeol’s POV

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw you leave and a smile of triumph graced his face. “Thank you so much noona, without you this wouldn’t have worked so well! What is she doing? Did she stop?”
Unable to help herself, Kkot Ip smiled at Sungyeol’s joy. “Yes, she’s looking over here right now. I guess you managed to succeed, are you going to tell her when she comes back?”
“No.”, Sungyeol said as though the idea was totally inconceivable. “Not just yet, I’m going to play with her a little more.”
He let out a laugh of delight, ignoring the sharp and worried glance that Dongwoo’s sister gave him before she looked past him once again to where you had been. Ha ha, ____’s so cute when she’s jealous.

Your POV

Having finished your drink, you return to the duo who’s conversation had neither stopped or slowed. As the two continued to ignore your presence, you felt a sudden possessiveness wash over you and you slowly linked your arm through Sungyeol’s. Am I marking my territory? I feel like I’ve got to make it clear that Yeollie’s mine…well…this is a first… Even though you were utterly shocked at your own behavior, you didn’t release Sungyeol’s arm from your grip. The wound that had begun to form in your heart was suddenly pulled wide open when Sungyeol shrugged out of your grip.
Throughout this time you’d tried your hardest to keep your composure and act as though you weren’t bothered by Sungyeol’s behavior, but this broke it down. You stared at Sungyeol with eyes opened wide with horror. Quickly replacing the horror with a neutral expression, you tiptoe to whisper in Sungyeol’s ear.
“Yah, you know that tickles.”, he said as he moved his head away.
Undeterred, you tug on his hand, trying to indicate to him that you wanted to talk to him privately, but he only removed your hand from his.

Sungyeol’s POV

Okay, my work is done! This prank played out perfectly! I didn’t think ____ would fall for it… Now, how do I tell noona that I want to stop the act?

Your POV

Sullenly, you stare at your hands, no more attempting to hide the pain that Sungyeol was causing you. From the corner of your eye, you spy movement and as you look up, you see the woman leaning up to whisper to him. Aghast, you watch as he allowed her to do what he’d protested against you doing so. Why is he doing this? Is he seriously so naïve?

Sungyeol’s POV

As he was thinking of how to bring the prank to an end, Dongwoo’s sister beckoned him to lower his head so she could whisper in his ear.
“I think you should stop this act now Sungyeol, ____ looks very upset. If we go any further…well, I won’t advise it…”
He gave a nod and bent down to say, “Okay then, at the count of three let’s both tell her?”

Your POV

You thought that you couldn’t be hurt further tonight, but it seemed as though your heart was being rubbed by salt when you saw Sungyeol bend down to whisper back to her. Tears welled in your eyes at the sight and not wanting to embarrass yourself, you turn around without a word and flee the room. How can he treat me like this? How? Doesn’t he feel any sense of shame getting so close to another woman when his girlfriend’s there? Is this why he ’forgot’ his ring? So that it’s easier for him to flirt with other women? As you left the room, you saw worried glances directed at you and as you blocked them out, you also missed when Sungyeol called after you.

Sungyeol’s POV

1...2...3
“Ha ha, fooled you-”, Sungyeol stopped as he stared into the empty space where you had literally been just seconds ago. “____?” Glancing around, he saw your retreating back and he called out in a louder voice, “____?”
As you continued to walk away, Sungyeol quickly hurried after you.

Your POV

There’s no point staying here anymore, my mood is completely ruined. You walk out the street and looking both ways, find it deserted.
“Great, I don’t even know the number of any cab services either…”, you mumble out.
“Cab service? Why would you want a cab service?”
You turn around and spot Sungyeol standing behind you. Scowling at him, you turn toward the street again and completely ignore him. You feel a hand grab your elbow and spin you around, so once again you were face to face with your boyfriend. You say nothing and stare stonily at his chest, arms crossed in front of you.
“Yah…why do want a cab service?”, Sungyeol asked slowly and carefully, obviously taken aback with your behavior.
In a cold monotonous voice, you sneer back, “And why do you care Mr. Lee Sungyeol? Don’t worry about me and return back to your date in there, I’m fine.”
Bewildered, Sungyeol just stared at you. “Date? She’s not my date…you are…”
“Oh really? Well boo, I’m not anymore so can you please just do me a favor and turn around and go back, I don’t want to see you.”
“Yah, why are you so angry?”
“Angry? Oh I’m not angry, I’m just giving you room to have fun like you have been having all evening long. You’ve just left your scintillating company all alone, better hurry back before she finds someone else to talk to.”
Having had enough, you turn and begin to walk away, to where you didn’t know, but you definitely knew that any place other than here was better at the moment.
Once again you felt the familiar touch on your shoulder. “Hey, where’re you going? It was just a joke ____! It was a prank…I wanted to make you jealous… Don’t take it so seriously.”
You freeze at his words. Turning around slowly, you had an icy glare in your eyes. “A joke? That was a joke?” At Sungyeol’s hesitant nod your blood began to boil in fury. “A joke? Of all things a joke? Are you mad Sungyeol? Are you out of your mind? That wasn’t a joke you idiot!”
“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I thought it would be funny…I didn’t think you’d get hurt by it!”, Sungyeol said as he raised his hands up in surrender.”
“Funny? You really hurt me Sungyeol!” and you accented each word with a blow to his chest. “You really hurt me…do you know how it felt? God, I felt so ignored and so betrayed and the entire time you were just joking? Didn’t you realize that you’d taken it too far? That you should have stopped ages ago?” Your anger had left you and your shoulders slumped in defeat. “You shouldn’t have done that Sungyeol… There are some things you can joke about and other things you can’t and this…this is definitely on the can’t list.” The dam finally burst and the tears you had been holding back flowed freely down your face.
“____… I’m…I’m sorry ____.” Wrapping his arms around you, he gathered you into a tight embrace. “I’m sorry, I promise to never ever ever do anything like that ever again. I’m sorry.”
Wiping your tears, you softy forgive him. With that he pulled you in even tighter. Finally he drew back and with his thumbs, he wiped the tear tracks away.
“So…is it alright if we go back in ____?”, he asked softly.
With a wry smile, you nodded and followed him. Suddenly, you stop and with a strange glint in your eyes, you say, “Hmm…now that you’ve had your fun Yeollie…should I have mine? I’ve been dying to see what you would do when you’re jealous too and what better time than now?”
“Yah! I already said I’m sorry what more do you want!”, Sungyeol shouted panicked.
Grinning devilishly, you take his hand and walk back in. “Woohyun would be fun to flirt with what with all that grease? I think I’d quite like that. Now where is he? I know I saw him by the food before I left…”, and you pull Sungyeol toward the refreshments.
“Are you seriously going to do this ____?” When Woohyun entered your line of sight, Sungyeol let out a pained moan. “Anyone but Woohyun ____! Please! I’m sorry, I won’t ever play a prank on you ever again, just please don’t do this!”
Laughing, you enjoyed Sungyeol’s misery and though you didn’t follow through with your threat, as an added measure Sungyeol kept his arm firmly around your waist for the rest of the night effectively claiming you as his.

so how did you guys find it????funny????...though a joke like this isnt really funny...but typical sungyeol right????anywho let me know what you thought of it below!!!!

and woohoo!!!!i finish with high school this friday!!!!...and just 3 exams left...hangs head...that too of chem and it being year 5 apparently its hard...sigh...but anyways...i brought that up to let you guys know that im on summer break soon!!!!which means more writing!!!!which means requests are greatly appreciated!!!!...wink wink nudge nudge...sooo...like always...leave any that you have below in the comments or on my wall or you can message me!!!!...its empty right now...