Lowest of the Low

Stoic

When the writing is in italic Kibum is telling the story from the past him P.O.V

but when its written in print form then its his present self commenting on something of the pass.

PLZ dont get too confused lol 

ENJOY!!!

 

 

 

Kibum P.O.V

I knew it. I knew i was rambling about the past but you must understand, i couldn't help it. The memories were coming back, memories that i didn't want to remember flooded my memory and begged me to release them. And so i did.

..........................................................................................................

The day i was submitted to the hospital was all a blur. I couldn't remember too much of what had happened. All i had recalled was being pushed down a flight of stairs and felt each and every one hit some part of my body. I was in extreme pain but then a tortuous scream was heard and it ripped threw me.

It was Dae-Ho. Was he hurt too? Worried for him i tried my best to move but nothing happened. Next thing i know his presence surrounds me and i can feel his hot tears. He was sobbing like crazy. 

those were the last memories of my sweet young brother i had before unconsciousness took me away from the brutal pain.

The next time i awoke i was looking at an iv shooting up my arm while my parents grieved while scrambling around for a doctor as soon as they noticed i was awake.

I hadn't gotten the chance to see the doctor because i passed out again.

On waking again i was this time greeted only by the sounds of beeping machines.

This pattern continued for a while. Me slipping in and out of unconsciousness. Each time i was greeted by a doctor, parents or the familiar beeps of  the machine. 

I felt as though i was forgetting something however. There was a whole in me. I hadn't been visited by the one person i longed for most. Dae-Ho. I hadn't been visited by Dae-Ho yet. At least that i had known of.

So with my condition improving i got more and more visitors. A couple more of my friends would drop by each time and yet a part of me was still waiting for Dae-Ho.

Tiring of this long wait i asked my parents one day while they were busy lingering in the room.

"Mom. Dad. When is the person Dae-Ho going to visit me?"

At the mention of his name they froze.

My dad was the first to talk.

"Haven't you noticed him?He's been here the whole time. Though he usually sits in the corner waiting for you to awake."

"Well where is he now?"

"Out getting something to drink. It must be that your vision hasn't traveled very far around the room. Don't worry he's always here."

To me however that didn't make too much sense. My brain must really be playing tricks on me. Planning on not thinking about too much i started to lay down until my mother came out of her ice cold silence that i hadn't even known she was casting.

"What do you mean 'person'?"

I looked at my mother confusingly.

"Oh! Well im not too sure myself but i have this nagging feeling that i should get a visit from someone named Dae-Ho. I sort of remember him calling out to me during my little accident but i can't quite remember his face."

Three things happened simultaneously after i spoke that last sentence.

My mother staggered a bit and then fainted but not before my father leaped and caught her slipping upon some orange liquid that had seeped its way into our door from the outside. I believe someone had spilled there drink.

Not concerning myself with someone else's mess i questioned my father to see if my mother was okay. My father said nothing as he hugged my mother closer to his chest as she wept so much that i wouldn't have been surprised if all of her tears had run out and shed never be able to cry again.

Although she did. She cried just as hard when the results came back proving that i had temporary amnesia. 

At the news for some reason something in me died a little. I didn't know if it was the fact that i had amnesia that scared me or the fact that my mother seemed to shed tears as though she was dying. I don't know if those were the causes of my despair but i assure you that i knew Dae-Ho had a major part to do with it. Whoever this character was my heart seemed to long for him.

That's right how despicable of me to forget my own twin. Flesh and blood i forgot altogether. How downright disgusting. But it was the truth i had forgotten about him. I only remembered his sweet sweet name and nothing else.

................................................................................

Shortly after we found out about my amnesia i started noticing that my parents weren't as charming as usual. They often kept their distance and whenever I would bring up Dae-Ho's name my mother would break down into hysteric sobs and run out the room while my father chased after her ready to comfort.

I hadn't understood their reaction too well but i soon learned not to bring him up with my parents. Basically i was stuck. Not too many people visited me since the doctor said i was showing signs of improvement. That and i heard that finals was coming up. So i couldn't really ask the people around me about Dae-Ho. However the odder thing was that whenever i tried to remember him my head would get terrible aches and i felt all the pain from my accident agian. Only it was ten times as worst. So i never thought too hard about Dae-Ho.

Like i said i was stuck. 

After a time i was able to go home.On my release date i felt that my parents were more miserable than normal. I couldn't understand it. A part of me knew that it was my fault and the other part of me just wanted to what i did exactly, besides getting amnesia, so that i could fix it.

My return home was nothing to celebrate. Actually nobody celebrated it. I couldn't say i was angry about the choice but then again i was so tired that i didn't mind that nobody celebrated it.

At least thats what i thought until i walked into my familiar room that felt so empty for some odd reason. In there was a note on my desk opening it i read:

 

Dear Kibum,

CONGRATULATIONS ON ESCAPING THE HOSPITAL!!!!!! YAY!!! ( />_

Please live well and stay healthy. I know how stubborn you can be sometimes. 

Don't worry though i'll always look after you like you have for me. Even though i feel i have no right to. I promise i won't get in the way.

Truthfully i'm really sorry Kibum.I'm sure that if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have had to suffer so much. I'm so sorry.

 

                                                                                                                                                          Lots of Love,

                                                                                                                                                           Dae-Ho

 

For a time i stood there staring at the mysterious letter that was welcoming me home. From a person i knew was so important to me and yet i couldn't remember.

I hadn't realized i was crying until i felt wetness run down my cheeks.

Wiping away my tears i looked around my room only to notice that something very valuable was missing. The pictures in my room. I knew that they would have to have Dae-Ho in them.

That's when something clicked inside of me. 

Dae-Ho was the person that spilled the orange liquid outside my hospital door.

At that very moment i feel ashamed. He was suffering because of me. He had stuck by me and yet i couldn't remember his face. Still however he wrote this letter to me.

For some reason i knew that he was somewhere suffering horribly and that his writing wasn't really as happy as he wanted me to believe. Even though i couldn't remember him too well i knew that he was one to put other peoples feeling in front of his own.

I knew because he was my......my.......my.......what?What was Dae-Ho to me. I was so close and yet i knew i was so very far. I had to figure out the answer to this riddle and i had to find out now.

Without wasting another breath i ventured to my parents room. Noticing that there were no pictures hung up anywhere in the halls either.

Stopping outside their door i put my hand on the doorknob and opened it a crack only to be stopped by my mothers sobs.

..................................................................................

"Its just so terrible. Why did he have to forget him. Why?!"

I could hear my mother's muffled cries as she burrowed deeper into my dad's chest.

"Please be patient. I'm sure he'll remember one day."

"One day might be too late. What if he never remembers him and...and...and....awwwwwwwwww!!!!"

My mother was breaking and i was part of the soul cause.

"Look you know the doctor said that it was best this way. Kibum probably forgot about him so he wouldn't have to relive the trauma of the accident. Besides that you know Kibum would never willingly forget Dae-Ho."

"Even though i know all this i can't help but to hate this. This situation!!!.I hate him for forgetting!!! I hate Dae-Ho for agreeing to find somewhere else to live just because he didn't want to trouble him if it was for the best. I hate not being able to do anything thing. I hate hating and i hate that little hussy that pushed him down the stairs. I hate feeling this way!!!!!!"

Thats when my mother collapsed from my fathers grasp and broke down on the floor. She started his it and sobbing something about her babies.

This was also the time that i backed away from the door and cry myself asleep in my room.

I didn't want to believe anything i had heard because then it would all make sense.

The fact that Dae-Ho and my family were allowed to visit me when nobody else was able. 

The hidden hurt in the words of that letter as well as all the pictures being taken down. My mothers sobs and my dads hurt expression.

Dae-Ho was my own flesh and blood that i had forgotten and still couldn't remember. I had forgotten my precious brother and unknowingly put him out on the streets.

"I'm the lowest of the low!!"

..................................................................................................

 

I updated again finally!!

Sorry i hadn't update sooner.

But here you go and i hope you do enjoy it but yeah.....

So plz comment and subscribe if youd be a so kind :)

AIERU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<