My Friend For Today :)

Stoic

Key P.O.V

I was staring out the window as i watched the rain droplets cascade down it. From a distance i heard the bell ring and like always i ignored it. I waited until everyone had left the classroom to gather up my things and head to lunch.

I never ate in the cafeteria. There was no point seeing as how i would have nowhere to sit. So i always skipped lunch and instead headed towards the rooftop. Nobody went up there really, most believing it was haunted. Actually the reason was because of me. Nobody went to the roof because of me.

I reflected on my thoughts as i got soaked by the rain. It was a refreshing feeling that i would never be able to show. Though i was used to not being taken note of sometimes i had weak moments like these when i would wish things to be different. I hated feeling pity for myself but sometimes it was all too much.

After a while of people rejecting me i too stopped trying. I trained my inside to match my outside. Hoping that i would feel nothing as my outside expressed nothing. Then that way the words people said in front of my face wouldn't hurt as bad as before and i could just brush it off like i didn't care which wasn't hard because of my outer exterior.

Thats right i was stoic. Nobody knew this however and just assumed that i didn't care. I never tried to explain because nobody would every listen. Besides id doubt that theyd understand that i couldn't express any emotion though i could still feel them.

Not being able to express joy, angst, sadness, happiness, passion or even love. I could still feel these emotions however i didn't feel too much of anything anymore except hurt. And sometimes not even that. I was still training myself to become a hallow shell that was affected by nothing.

The rain was subsiding into slow paced drizzles when the bell rang. I ignored it once again and just continued to stare into the clouded sky that was horridly beautiful to me.

................................................................................................

After a while i decided to head back to class.

Sure i would be thirty minutes late but it wasn't like anyone cared. Besides i always scored perfect on my test, not to brag, but that just added to my troubles. People always believed that i thought i was better than them and that they weren't worth my time when they were the ones that casted me aside in the first place.

Stepping into the classroom the whole class turned to stare at me as i was dripping soak and wet. I ignored the stares and proceeded to my assigned seat. Which was in the back corner of the classroom. Actually all my seats in every class i was in was like that. I was always seated in the back.

Turning my head towards the window i realized that the rain had stopped completely and the sun was coming out. Just then i heard a loud crash that pulled me from my thoughts.

Looking to see where the noise had come from i was surprised when a fist collided with my face. Pain rippled threw me and it hurt, bad. At first i was shocked then i got pissed. So standing to defend myself i dodged the next attack and landed a punch of my own. Though i put all my force into it causing my opponent to black out.

Yeah the upper part of the stomach was the easies way to end a fight. Sitting back down i curious as to why did the beatings start earlier. The kids usually waited until after school to jump or poke fun at me. I started staring out the window again hoping that it would seem like nothing happened.

However i heard the teachers voice.

"Kim Kibum get out of my class right now and you already know where you're headed."

I was going to go to the principals office to face my punishment for a fight i hadn't started. Even though he threw the first punch it was my fault for defending myself. Even if i hadn't fought back i would have still gotten in trouble because my presence was a disruption to other children's learning.

I had heard all these and more and to me it was all a load of horse poo.

How could i disturb someones learning so much that they want to fight me when ive never met them before or even exchanged words with them. I haven't done anything wrong and i still end up in trouble.

Reaching the front office i didn't even bother to speak with the secretary and just walked on by to the principals office.

The sight that greeted me was the same as every other time i'd been in here. The principal was sitting behind his big desk in his all black spinning chair. Hands folded under his chin as he used his black beady eyes to stare at you as though you're lower than the scum he steps on for breakfast.

And when he talked to you it felt as though you weren't good enough to be in his fat and bald presence. That you were a waste of space that didn't deserve any second chances.

Truthfully i believed that he was only like this with me for some reason. I knew he and all the staff along with the kids hated me even though they didn't no me. I accepted this fact along time ago however.

"So you're back again are you Mr. Kim? What brings you hear this time?" His voice always sent a sick feeling through me. I knew my expression was emotionless and at times like these i was thankful for that. I didn't want him knowing how much he got under my skin. I knew he would enjoy it if i showed even a hint of fear in his presence.

Thankfully i couldn't.

"Well i asked you a question Mr. Kim."

I knew he wasn't waiting for any real answer because the first couple of times this had happened i tried my best to explain the situation but he hadn't believed me. No one had.

So i gave up trying to explain things. I found that it wasn't worth it.

"I'm sick of you coming here day after day just to get in trouble. Now you're either going to straighten up or-----"

I drowned him out. He wasn't worth listening to. Besides that i already knew the lecture word for word. He was just repeating himself as hes done countless times.

"Do you agree Mr. Kim?"

Nodding my head i went to excuse myself but before i did i noticed that it was raining again.

..........................................................................

I was headed home in the rain while everybody else shared umbrellas or got picked up. I actually preferred it this way. Walking in the rain with no protection because this was one of the few times that i could give in and let myself cry. As close to crying as i could get anyways. I saw myself cry once and it was a really creepy thing to see.

My face didn't scrunch up or anything. Water dripped from my eyes and down my cheek but it was a sight that had scared me so bad that i had taken out all the mirrors in my house.

So right now as the rain pounded my drenched body i let my tears flow.

It wasn't before long that i had reached home. As i headed towards the steps that would take lead to my apartment i noticed a group of boys in front of it.

Getting closer i noticed that one of the boys was the one that had punched me eariler. I hid behind a shrub hoping not to be seen before i could make the first move.

I'm not sure what it was but something gave me away because the next thing i knew i was flying down the street with a bunch of guys chasing after me yelling all sorts of antics.

Some of them had thrown rocks that had hit me pretty solidly but i knew i couldn't stop and so i kept on running.

My sides were buring and my legs ached.

I'm still running.

My breathing became labored and my hair kept blocking my vision.

I'm still running.

My insides were twisting as my legs pumped faster causing my arms to strecth painfully.

I'm still running.

My lungs started to give out as my chest burned.

I'm stumbling.

My head was throbbing along with other places that had been hit with rocks.

I'm slowing.

My knuckles were so tightly clenched that my hand had turned white and was close to bleeding.

I'm stopping.

I was going to give up and fight them. They were so dang persistant. Actually it was more like i was going to face them and see how many i could take down before they started to gang up and beat me again. Last time i took three with me this time imma try for five.

As i heard them appoarching closer i soon realized that i was running again. Well it was more like stumbling but my legs were moving which was all that mattered. I was in a daze as to how, until i noticed that there was a warm grip around my hand that was pulling me along. I looked up to see the back of another guy.

Was he with them? Was he taking me to be beaten up by more of them? Or was he going to do it himself?

Before i had a chance to assume anything else we took a sharp right and i almost fell. But the stranger pulled me up before i could fully hit the ground and we were off again. Threw the streets we flew and around corners we turned.

I didn't know who this stranger was but in my book he didn't seem that bad and if he was then i at least wanted to thank him for he was the first person in a long time to grab my hand or even just touch me without it being a physical threat.

So i let myself relax and be content as we ran threw the rain like run away lovers. The rain pelted me and this time i cried because of joy. The first of it ive felt in a long time.

..................................................................................

We had finally stopped running as we stood in front of an apartment building. Catching my breath i was going to thank him but before i could he pulled me into the apartment complex and lead me to a door which i could only guess was his.

On entering i tried to take off my shoes but he just kept on pulling me. Even though he was a bit shorter than me his built was nothing to mess with. It looked like he hit the gym quite a bit.

He had pulled me into the bathroom and sat me on the side of the bathtub. Before i could ask what he was doing he pulled out a special aid box.

Turning back towards me i noticed that he sort of grimaced. Feeling bad i offered to clean myself up instead. Although he just shook his head and proceeded on to treat my wounds.

I have to admit i shocked at how much blood id lost. Before long the towel my savior was using was completely drenched in my blood. I felt bad but all i could do was stay silent and ware the same expression as i let him clean me.

"There now look at me."

Looking up i noticed his lovely hair color. Well more like it was cool. There were so many shades ofbrown and yellow, it was really awesome. Before i could think better of it i stated my claim.

"I really like your hair."

I immdeiately wished i hadn't said that so looking back down i tried to hide the embarrassment that i knew wasn't showing. For a time it was nothing but pure silence and i really did regret opening my mouth. Then all of a sudden i heard the stranger burst out into hearty laughter.

Was he making fun of me?

"Sorry its just that.Well i usually get teased for having this type of hair style so i was wondering if you were serious. But i'm glad you like it and thank you for the compliment."

Wow. His smile was nothing i had every seen before.It was whole and true. I think i could grow to love that smile. Though i felt a pang in me. I knew it was because i was jealous that he could smile so beautifully. I didn't understand how people , probably out of good fun.

"My name's Jonghyun by the way." He outstretched his hand towards me. Hesitantly i placed mine in his and was bursting with joy to feel his warmth again.

"My name's Kim Kibum. Its a pleasure to meet you and thank you for what you did back there."

"It wasn't a problem and besides im sure youd do the same for me." He continued smiling as he removed his hand from mine to put back the special aid kit. For some reason i missed the warmth of his hand in mine. Brushing that aside however i stood up ready to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"Hm? I'm going home."

Bowing slightly i thanked him again.

But the only response i got was him saying no because i could get sick. He never let up so i had finally agreed to spend the night since the rain hadn't stopped.

I took Jonghyun's bed which i too felt horrible for but he insisted while he slept on the couch. With that i dozed off thankful for today even though i knew it wasn't going to last. I was really grateful to Jonghyun for being my friend for today. Too bad it couldn't last.

............................................................................

 

Even though im still working on another story i really wanted to post this after i got the idea while showering.

So please bare with me.I'll try and update both stories on the same day.

But i hope you like it so far. Tell me if you think i should change add or do something.

But plz comment and subscribe!

AERU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>.<