YourKoreanGossip: SME New Girl Group Name Revealed

SM Entertainment's Girl Group 365YEAR

YourKoreanGossip


“This afternoon the name of the new SME girl group where revealed along with the groups fanclub name, color, stage names and the meaning behind those. This is what was stated on SM Entertainments homepage.”


“The name of the new girl group is 365YEAR, the meaning behind the name is that the group represents all the days in one year and that they will make big impacts one the music scene all year around. The fanclub name was decided by the girls themselves as they came up with 4Seasons since they represent one season each.


All the stage names have a special meaning behind, beginning with Youhee who represent spring have gotten the name Hana, which is a word pun of the word Hana, which means one in korean and flower in japanese. The full meaning of Hana is ‘The first flower blooming’.


Next we have Jaehwa who represent summer and her stage name is Haneul, which means heaven and in this case stands for ‘the heavenly voice she posseses’. Leader ChaeYoung is representing autumn and her stage name is Baram, which means wind and stands for ‘someone who has the strenght to make a difference’. Lastly we have maknae Youngri who is representing winter, her stage name is Sunah, which is the short form of the two words and stands for ‘the pure beauty of the snow in the winter’.


The groups official color is Purple which the girls also chose themselves, its meaning is that purple has a special, almost sacred place in nature and the girls want to show how precious they are.”


“As we can see the girls themselves where involved in much of the chosing and all I can say, is that they sure chose special and meaningful names. I’m guessing that this group is going to make it big and as some last words, 365YEAR Hwaiting!.