An Encounter

SM Entertainment's Girl Group 365YEAR

The six girls was practicing hard for their comeback, which was set 2 weeks from now. August the 13 to be exact. Their title track had already been decided, just as the whole album concept as well, plus the names of all tracks had been revealed to the girls.

Since the dark concept had been in focus from late 2009 to summer 2010 it was time for something new and fresh, precisely what SM was good at, creating trends. And just like before they would not fail this time either.

Soo Man had stated that the concept would be much like SNSD first album, cute and bubbly with colours, though they would put an edge on it, since 365YEAR had a rougher and more hip/hop image.

Youhee, Jooyeon and Youngri had suggested a girly hip/hop style with sneakers, loose pants in darker colours, t-shirts in lighter colours and possible some layers-on-layers shirts and lastly accessories (sunglasses in bright colors, jelly watches, caps). Which the other three girls plus Soo Man was impressed by. And it didn’t take much before Soo Man agreed to the concept and even showed a small smile.

Their title track ‘Joker’ is a hip/hop-dance song and is about a girl who live double lives, one when she plays the perfect daughter and the other at night when she can show her true self on the dance floor. The song has a deep meaning, it’s about a teenager searching for her dreams and her hardships on the way to her goal.

~~~~

“Girls come on, repeat the last part” their dance teacher was pushing the girls to do even better, and you could easily say that the choreography for ‘Joker’ was at least double as tough and ChaeYoung could feel her back hurt once in a while. Even though three years had passed since ‘that’ day it didn’t mean that the pain would go away. She new that it would hurt some times, and that it would hurt a lot but it was still better than having to spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

“Dongsaeng-ah you okay?” Jaehwa asked and glanced at the leader who grinned badly as she was bending her back in different directions, feeling a bit scared she asked the dance teacher if the could take a break and after a look towards ChaeYoung she nodded and let the girls relax for ten minutes.

“Ah gomawo, it hasn’t hurt like this for months” the leader apologized to her members as she sat down on the floor and brought a bottle of water to her lips. “Don’t worry” Youhee smiled and patted ChaeYoung over the shoulder before she left to practice her individual dance part in ‘Joker’.

“Yeah you shouldn’t worry so much, we know that your back hurts” Jaehwa added in before she gulped down on her water. The three youngest members nodded their heads and told her that it was nothing to apologize for.

“Are you ready?” Eun Hye, their dance teacher who also was the teacher and choreographer for ‘L.O.V.E U’ and now also with the title track for their first full album ‘Joker’ asked ChaeYoung, she new very well what had happened to her a couple of years ago.

“Yes” the leader of 365YEAR was determined that just because it hurt a little, it didn’t mean that she could slack off and make her members work double as hard. That would just be plain unfair.

“Okay then, let’s take everything from the start”

A couple of hours later, when the clock had turned 11.30PM were they finished with the practice and was preparing to go home. As they where by the car Saewon remembered that she had forgotten her sweater in the dance room. “I’m just going to get my sweater” Saewon stated before she re-entered the SM building and headed towards the practice room.

A loud bang could be heard from behind, which scared her so much that her pulse started to rise in an alarming rate. “Who is there?” she whispered scared since it normally is empty at this time of the day. The only thing replying was a door banging close. It wasn’t even funny anymore.

She didn’t think twice before she opened a door and practically plunged inside the dark room after closing the door behind herself, she had to be dreaming when she felt something soft against her chest and that it sounded like something or someone was breathing next to her ear. After finding the light switch she lit the room and yelped loudly when seeing the rather intimate position between her and, she glanced upwards and stared at the person. It was non other than Super Junior’s Kyuhyun.

“Jeongmal mianhaeyo” Saewon was apologizing big time for her suddenly visit to the room, but she also wondered why he had been in here, and why it was dark. “Oppa?”

“Mm” he was smiling cheekily as he was glancing down on her.

“Why are you here and on top of that, why are you in a dark room?”

Kyuhyun laughed and then told her that he found it relaxing to be in a dark room and that it helped him come up with lyrics and such that would help him create music. “Oh” was the only thing escaping Saewon’s lips as she blushed slightly, that’s when she remembered that she needed to get her sweater so that they could go home.

“Oppa I need to go, the other girls are waiting” Saewon bid goodbye and went to grab her sweater from the dance room before she returned to the rest of the girls, who already were seated in the car, or the van to be exact since they had to change to car to a van because otherwise they wouldn’t fit.

“What took you so long?” Youhee asked as Saewon placed herself next to her, after putting the seat belt on she replied with a little lie that she couldn’t find the room at first. It wasn’t like the other members needed to know about her encounter with Kyuhyun.