Phone call

EXO Planet

" I hope this works," I muttered to my self while I took out my phone from my pocket trying to slow my pace so that it would take longer to get home.

"Hello," The voice that I wanted to hear the most answered but I had to hold back the tears so my mom would't know that something was wrong.

"Hi Mom," I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"Hi Hunny! We're sorry for just leaving so suddenly," I could hear the guilt in her voice.

"It's okay mom," I kicked a rock that.

"Is everything alright though? You have food to eat?" she asked like any other concerned mother would.

"Yeah mom, everything is fine," I replied, " hey mom is dad with you?"

"Yeah, he is honey," 

"Can you put it on speaker," Please let this work.

"Sure honey,"

"Hey sweety," I heard dad's comforting voice.

"Hey dad," I smiled to myself. 

"What is it honey?" I could hear the concern in my dad's voice.

"Mom, Dad. Remember when you said if I wanted to study abroad in France?"

"Sure we do honey," my mom replied.

"well, I want to go," I felt a knott in my throat.

"What? Are you sure?" my dad asked surprised.

"Why all of a sudden honey?" 

"I just want to get away for a while," Lies! 

"Oh I see," my dad replied sadness in his voice, " okay hunny. When we get back we'll send you."

"Wait dad. Can't I just go tomorrow. I mean, you already said that the school accepted me right?"

"Well yes but-" my mom was about to say before I inturrupted her.

"Please dad. Please mom, I don't know how much more I can take of this," I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

"Okay. Fine,fine, " worry and sadness consumed my dad, " will tell them you've accepted and send you tomorrow. But we'll meet you there okay?"

"Okay, thanks dad," 

"Okay we'll call you tomorrow," my mom was on the verge of tears.

"Okay bye Mom, bye Dad. I love you guys," I ended the call and burst out in tears. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I repeated like that one night.

Flashback

"Jacey!" Yun Hee ran up to me, clearly relieved to have found me.

"Oh ," I looked at her surprised.

"It's about time I found you," 

"Sorry unnie," I gave her a quilty smile.

"Let's go," she smiled and put her arm around me, " shall we get ice cream?"

"Really?!" I became excited by her words.

"Yup," her smile never failed to reach her eyes, making them a crescent moon shape.

End of flashback

"Yun Hee," I cried out, " I miss you so much." For a moment I shut down. I had no idea how I had gotten to the park that was a block away from my house. When I had gotten out of my daze, I was sitting down on the bench.

"What time is it?" I murrmured as I looked at the sun-setting sky. I got up from the bench and continued walking to my house.

"Where were you?" Kai was furious when I walked inside.

"The park," I kept my head down, " by the way, you don't have to worry about my parents anymore. I took care of it." I began making my way up the stairs.

"Did something happen?" Tao sounded concerned.

"Don't worry about it," I sighed. When I got to my room, I locked the door and broke down completely. I hadn't noticed that someone was in my room.

"Are you alright?" a voice full of worry spoke out to me.