Shouldn't feel this way

EXO Planet

 

“How was school?” Suho gets up from the couch and walks over to Jesse as soon as they walk through the door.
 
“Please don’t make me ride that thing that they call a bus again,” Kai pleaded, “it’s so….crowded!”
 
“Can’t we just ride a cab too?”  Luhan pleaded. Kris shoots him a look and Luhan looks down with tight lips.
 
“Yeah, riding a cab is much more comfortable than that bus,” Sehun smiles.
 
“You rode the cab with Jacey?” Suho raises an eyebrow.
 
“Yup,” Sehun nods his head with a smile.
 
“Whiner,” Luhan mumbles.
 
“I’m riding with Jacey tomorrow,” Tao calls out.
 
“Yeah right,” Kai scoffs.
 
“I’m riding with Jacey,” Luhan joins the argument.
 
“No I am,” Tao says having a fit.
 
“I am,” Everyone looks at Chanyeol who raises his hand with a determined frown. 
 
“Okay?” Jacey raises an eyebrow than shakes her head, “no one is going to ride with me.”
 
“But-,” Kris was beginning to protest but is cut off by Jacey.
 
“Because,” she looks at him then continues, “I’m going to ride the bus too.”
 
“But aren’t you claustrophobic?” Baekhyun asks in concern.
 
“Yeah but I guess I’ll have to bare through it since all they can do is complain about the cab,” she glares at the aliens.
 
“You don’t have to do that,” Baekhyun replies.
 
“No, I’ll be fine,” she assures, “besides, I have to save money.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah, don’t worry,” she gives him a small smile.
 
“Is something the matter Jacey?” Suho asks.
 
“Yes,” she sighs and sits on the couch.
 
Flashback to last period of school
 
"," she hisses and quickly hides her face behind a book, "I knew this would happen."
 
“Jacey?” she hears from behind, “hey Jacey.”
 
“Chanho?” she turns to see a surprised smiling Chanho near the door.
 
“Chanho? Hey,” she tries to discreetly wave at him, hoping that Melodie wouldn’t notice or for that matter recognize her.
 
“You enrolled already?” he walks and sits next to her.
 
“Yeah,” she nods with a smile, “today’s my first day.”
 
“Really? But I didn’t see you at all. Neither at lunch,” he frowns, “I did see other new kids tho. I have two for a class.”
 
“Oh really?” she raises an eyebrow.
 
“Yup,” he smiles, “ one has pink hair.” Luhan she thinks, “and the other is really tall.” Chanyeol.
 
“Oh yeah, I’ve seen them around as well,” she smiles.
 
“Who do we have here,” Chanho rolls his eyes and Jacey slightly bites her lip before facing the owner of the voice.
 
“Hi,” Jacey smiles, “ Melodie right?”
 
“Right,” Melodie puts on the fakest smile Jacey has ever seen, “I see you’ve enrolled in school and that we also have a class together.”
 
“Yeah,” Jacey glances at Chanho who has an annoyed expression on his face.
 
“Well, I hope you had a good day today,” she says before turning, “because from now on, it’s gonna be a nightmare.”
 
“What was that?” Jacey asked confused.
 
“Nothing,” Melodie looks back then walks to her desk.
 
“Did you hear what she said?” Jacey asks Chanho.
 
“No, she said it to low,” he shakes his head with a frown, “sorry.”
 
End of flashback
 
“So yeah, that was my day today,” she slumps further into the couch.
 
“Why don’t you try changing classes?” Suho suggests.
 
“No, I can’t,” she shakes her head, “ I already tried and they said that all of the other classes are filled. But don’t worry, I can deal with it.”
 
“What does she look like?” Sehun tilts his head, “I haven’t even seen who she is.”
 
“What do you mean,” Jacey glances at him, “you were all friendly with her at lunch. But whatever, you can hang out with her. I don’t care.” She grabs the control and changes the channel.
 
“I was?” Sehun says confused, “is it a girl named Melodie?” Jacey shrugs not intending to answer.
 
“I’m going to change,” she tosses the remote back on the couch and walks to her room.
 
“But I didn’t know,” Sehun furrows his eyebrows and pouts. 
 
“I said I don’t care,” Jacey sighs, “ you can hang out with whoever you want. I’m not going to make you stay with me all of the time. I mean you’re already living with me, don’t need you around all of the time. Same goes to you. You guys don’t have to sit with me at lunch if you don’t want.” She directs that towards Kai, Chanyeol, Tao, and Luhan.
 
“But I want to sit with you,” Tao pouts.
 
“Same here,” Chanyeol seconds.
 
“Besides,” Luhan adds, “I already have to be around those annoying humans for an hour each class. I can’t stand another 45 minutes.”
 
“Got that right,” Kai mutters. Jacey doesn’t show it but she smiles internally. She’s glad that they chose her over anyone else but she shouldn’t feel like that, she thought. She shouldn’t want to be around them. She should feel happy to be around them. They are just using her after all.