Anger and Forgiveness

EXO Planet

 

Hi guys! Here's another update. :) Please comment and subscribe! Thank you to those who are still reading my story and who haven't given up on me. Please let me know if anything in this story is bothering you or confusing you. I'll try my best to fix it. Please continue to read this story. Saranghaeyo!!! 
____________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
The whole day he stays in his room. When it was time for dinner, Kris comes out of the room after talking to him.
 
“He's not eating?” she asks as she sets the plates on the table.
 
“No,” Kris takes a seat. She looks over towards the hallway where his room was. She sets the food down as well and decides to go talk to him. Some of the boys notice when she hesitantly makes her way towards the hall, while the others excitedly serve themselves a plate and stalk to the living room to eat.
 
“LuHan?” she lightly knocks on the door but gets no response. She sighs but turns the knob and walks in closing the door behind her. She sees no one at first but turns towards the window and spots him standing near the window.
 
“What do you want,” he hisses without facing her.
 
“Look, “ she awkwardly stands near the door and  plays with her hands, “ I’m sorry okay. I didn’t know that you’ll have to come to school as well.”
 
“Is that all?” he says in the same tone.
 
“Hey,” she drops her hands and stares at him slightly hurt, “ I didn’t ask for you to come to school with me okay. I didn’t want any of you to come. I didn’t even want any of you to live with me. If it was up to me, all of you would be back in your planet until it was time for me to go. Hell, never in my life did I expect to have to leave to a different planet. So don’t blame me for everyone else’s decisions.” She stands there holding back tears, while LuHan just stays silent. She shakes her head as a tear falls and she walks out. LuHan’s hands relax at his sides as soon as the door closes. His anger suddenly fades as soon as he hears the hurt in Jacey’s voice. 
 
Jacey doesn’t look at the other members who were silent and walks into her moonlight lit room and closes the door. She sits on her bed, covering her face as tears fall. She felt hurt that LuHan blamed her for everything that was happening and she didn’t know why. She lays down and looks up at the ceiling when hears her door open then close.
 
“What?” she wipes her cheeks and faces away to the other side.
 
“Are you alright?” Baekhyun approaches her and sits down next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Yeah,” she doesn’t mean to sniffle.
 
“Listen Jacey,” Baekhyun sighs, “ I know you’re having a hard time. All of us are just on edge because we miss our home. Please understand that we don’t mean to lash out at you. Don’t think that it’s your fault either, okay. We understand that it wasn’t you who caused any of this to happen.”
 
“It doesn’t seem like it,” she sniffles again.
 
“Don’t take it to heart. We’re getting used to the idea of not being able to go back home and it can makes us  not think before we act. I’ll make sure no one makes you feel bad again, okay? I don’t like seeing you cry,” he runs a hand through her hair, comfortingly. This gesture reminded her of the times when Yoseob would try to comfort her after being harassed by other students.
 
“Thank you Baekhyun,” she grabs his hand and gives it a small squeeze, “ you’re really a good guy.”
 
“For anything you need, I’ll always be here,” he smiles at her tenderly.
 
“Can I come in,” LuHan picks his head inside with a remorseful look.
 
“I’ll come back with a plate of food,” Baekhyun gets up, still smiling at her the same way. Baekhyun glances at LuHan before exiting and closing the door. Jacey stayed silent, her back facing LuHan.
 
“Jacey, I’m sorry,” he exhales, “ I know it’s not your fault, it’s just that I can’t stand being away from home for so long. It get’s me in a bad mood.”
 
“I understand,” she sits up her head hanging low.
 
“You do,” he raises an eyebrow.
 
“Yes. I’d be the same way if I were you. I will be the same way as you are,” she tucks her hair behind her ear, away from her face and looks at him, “but I won’t make anyone feel the same way as you did to me. I’ve felt this way before and I hate it.”
 
“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to,” he steps closer to her, “ I promise not to make you feel like that again.” She nods and crosses her legs Indian style. The room is still slightly dark and LuHan can just barely see her face. She sniffles one last time before clearing .
 
“Did you eat already?” she turns her head towards him, the moonlight not hitting her face anymore.
 
“No,” he furrows his eyebrows, confused to why she would still care if he had eaten or not.
 
“Then you should go eat before the food gets cold,” just then Baekhyun comes in with a plate of food and a drink in hand.
 
“Is it okay if I turn on the light?” Baekhyun asks as he gets closer. Jacey nods and the lights turn on. LuHan is now able to see Jacey’s slightly red puffy eyes and it makes him feel even worse. He slowly exits, closing the door as he does. Baekhyun hands Jacey the plate and sets the drink on the nightstand.
 
“Feel better?” he asks as he sits next to her.
 
“Yes,” she smiles while holding the spoon in her hand.
 
“By the way, that stuff you gave us earlier makes you feel very energized,” Baekhyun comments.
 
“Oh,” Jacey chuckles, “yeah. You should have seen me when I was younger. I would be all over the place.”
 
“Like how SeHun is at the moment?” He raises an eyebrow grinning.
 
“Much worse,” Jacey laughs and so does he.
 
“And I’m guessing that’s you?” Baekhyun points at the picture on the nightstand.
 
“Yeah,” she smiles and nods, “the one on the right is my………..sister.” The word stabbed at her heart but she tries hard not to show it and keeps smiling.
 
“Hmmmm,” Baekhyun nods then fixes his eyes on another pitcure with her, her sister, and her parents, “ and that’s your mom and dad.”
 
“Yeah,” she glances at it as well.
 
“You don’t really resemble your parents,” he chuckles.
 
“Oh. I was adopted,” she wouldn’t have normaly told this to someone who she barely met 2 days ago but she felt really comfortable around Baekhyun, “actually we both were. My mother couldn’t have kids so they decided to adopt. We were adopted at the same time. You’re probably wondering where my sister is right?” She looked at the picture with her and her sister with sad eyes, “she passed away a few years back and it was all my fault.”
 
FlashBack
 
Jacey gasps as she barely manages to save herself from falling.  
 
“Are you alright?!” Yun Hee rushes to Jacey and examines her.
 
“I’m fine,” Jacey pushes her hands away. Yun Hee steps back hurt by Jacey’s behavior towards her.
 
“How long are you going to be mad at me for? I told you that I was sorry. I didn’t know that you like him also,” Yun Hee tries to explain, “but you can’t stay mad at me because of this. It’s, it’s stupid.”
 
“Stupid?” Jacey looks at her offended.
 
“Yes,” Yun Hee doesn’t back down, “ it is. You are too young to hold so much hatred towards one person. Specially your sister. He’s just a guy, Jacey. And he is way older than you.”
 
“My sister,” Jacey scoffs, “ and he’s only  three years older than me. There’s not much of a difference. And ‘just a guy’? If he’s ‘just a guy’ to you then why did you have to go on and date him?”
 
“Because I like him, that’s why. Look, I know it seems unfair but I didn’t ask him to like me back. It just happened. I’ve known him half my life and we go to the same school which made it easier for us. What you have towards him is just a crush. It will fade in time but don’t hold hatred for any one of us. It’s only going to hurt you.”
 
“I’ve known him for a long time, too,”  Jacey stared at her bewildered with tears at the rim of her eyes.
 
“Let’s just get back inside okay, it’s starting to rain,” Yun Hee grabs her by the arm but Jacey jerks her hand away a little to hard. Since they were standing dangerously close to the edge, Yun Hee stumbles. She wasn’t able to catch herself in time and Jacey was too slow to grab her as well. Yun Hee fell from the school roof onto the wet hard concrete.
 
“Yun Hee?” Jacey leans over the edge with horror, “ Yun Hee!” She gets up and runs off the roof. She frantically runs through the hallways gaining startled looks from some students who were still there, down two flights of stairs until she reaches the first floor. She runs out in the pouring rain where her sister laid motionless.
 
“Yun Hee,” Jacey hears for a heartbeat and is able to hear a faint one, “ Yun Hee, wake up.” She sobs but her tears are masked by the rain. 
 
“Please wake up,” she shakes her sisters shoulder trying to get her to wake up, “ Get up Yun Hee!”
 
“Oh my god,” a couple of students stare in horror at the scene before them.
 
“I’m so sorry, Yun Hee,” Jacey lays her head on her chest and sobs, “I’m so sorry.”
 
End of Flash Back
 
“She was in a coma for three days before she died,”  Jacey tightly holds the spoon, her knuckles  turning white, “even though I was to blame, my parents never did. The only one‘s who knew I was at fault were those from my school. Most of the friends I had began staying away from me. I was left with two friends in the end and I‘m thankful for them. They‘ve made life a little more bearable for me. But I can never forget what I did.”
 
“It was an accident. You didn’t mean to,” Baekhyun puts a comforting hand on her  shoulder.
 
“But if I hadn’t been so jealous, if I had listened to her, none of that would have happened and she would still be here,” the tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably. Baekhyun grabs the plate from her hands and sets it aside on the nightstand.
 
“Listen Jacey,” Baekhyun takes hold of her hands and comes closer to her, “don’t hold yourself accountable for your sisters death. You didn’t want anything bad to happen to her and you tried saving her but sometimes life takes an unfortunate turn. I’m sorry for bringing this up. I didn’t know that it was something that caused you a great amount of pain. Please don’t cry anymore. Please. I hate seeing you cry.”  
 
“But I don't think I’ll ever be able to forgive myself. I should have controlled myself,” she doesn’t look up and let’s the tears continue to fall. Baekhyun looks at her, his own vision getting blurry. He stays there, wishing that he could take her pain away.
 
After an hour, Baekhyun exits her room.
 
“How is she?” SuHo gets up from the couch and approaches him. 
 
“You guys heard everything right?” he assumes since everyone was quiet with a thoughtful expression.
 
“Did she fall asleep?” Kris looks from the window.
 
“Yeah, but she didn’t eat,” they look down at the untouched plate in his hand.
 
“Why didn’t the Royals tell us about any of this?” D.O speaks out of nowhere.
 
“I’m not sure,” SuHo replies. 
 
“Well we better be careful about what we say to her from now on,” Baekhyun advises, “she’s having a hard time right now and who knows what it’ll lead to.” The guys nod in agreement. 
 
“Where are you going?” LuHan asks when Tao stands up from the couch.
 
“I’m going to wash the dishes like Jacey ordered,” Tao smiles then looks over at XiuMin.
 
“Oh alright,” XiuMin sighs after thinking about it.
 
“Good,” SuHo smiles, “now we’ll tidy this place up a bit.” The boys get up from the couch and begin cleaning up their mess. After thirty minutes, the living room and kitchen are left spotless.
 
“Good work. Now let’s rest. Tomorrow will be a long day,” Kris turns on his heel and walks to Exo-M’s room. The rest of Exo-M follow behind. Exo-K does the same but Chanyeol closes the door before going inside, leaving the rest confused. He quietly walks towards Jacey’s door and opens it. He waits until his eyes adjust to the darkness before coming closer towards were Jacey slept. He sits down facing her and admiringly looks at her while she sleeps. He lightly caresses her cheek with his finger and softly giggles when her eyebrows momentarily knitt together. He retreats his hand back to his side but accidently lets it fall on Jacey’s hand. He looks at her wide-eyed once she begins to lazily open her eyes.
 
“Chanyeol?” she rubs her eyes as she sits up.
 
“Um, hi,” Chanyeol doesn’t know what to do and  stays sitting there with an awkward expression.
 
“What are you doing?” she questions.
 
“I err,” he digs into his pocket and takes out a piece of candy, “wanted to give you this.” He smiles awkwardly hoping that she'll believe him.
 
“Oh, uh, thanks,” she grabs it from his hand and looks at it.
 
“Are you alright?” he couldn’t help but ask what has been bothering everyone else.
 
“Yeah,” she nods assuringly, “I actually feel a lot better. Did everyone go to sleep already?”
 
“Mm-hm,” he nods, “ are you sure you’re okay?” 
 
“Yes I‘m sure,” she smiles, “now go to sleep. The rest of Exo-K are probably wondering where you went. And I‘m still tired.”
 
“Okay,” he gets up from her bed.
 
“You know. You are really tall, Chanyeol,” she looks up at him with raised eyebrows.
 
“Oh,” he nods smiling, making his hair bounce at the movement, “yes.” Jacey  chuckles and waves before Chanyeol closes the door. *What an odd alien* she smiles to herself and with a sigh and lays back down.