Forgive and Try to Forget

EXO Planet

 

“Ya! Don’t say such things in my presence. The only person I belong to is me, myself, and I. Not you or you, got it!” Jacey pointed at Tao and LuHan.
 
“What? You don’t like the fact that you belong to us,” Xiumin smirked.
 
“Wha-. You too!” she looked at him wide eyed, “ I swear I will go martial arts on you or anyone else who says that I belong to any of you.” She pointed warningly at everyone and walked inside the kitchen. * And to think they would be grateful that I bought them food* she blew up at her bangs and began putting the food away.
 
“I can’t believe the Royals picked her,” Luhan mumbled over to Chen who nodded in agreement.
 
“Need any help?” Baekhyun spoke from behind her. 
 
“You want to help?” Jacey looked at him surprised.
 
“Only if you want me to,” he smiled.
 
“Oh, uh alright. You can put that in the cabinets over there,” Jacey pointed at the boxes of snacks on the counter.*Wow, he’s actually pretty helpful* She smiled to herself.
 
“Thank you B-Bae-” she struggled to remember his name.
 
“Baekhyun,” he reminded her with a smile.
 
“Baekhyun. Sorry, I’m not very good with names sometimes but I’ll make sure to remember from now on,” she promised.
 
“What is this?” Chanyeol came up to her with a remote in his hand.
 
“That is a TV remote,” she told him.
 
“What’s its purpose?” he, like the coffee maker, began examining it.
 
“It turns the TV on,” *wow, he really doesn't know anything* she mused. 
 
“TV?” he looked at her confused.
 
“Yeah, here I’ll show you,” she took it from his hand. As her finger tips made contact with his skin, a jolt of electricity when up his arm and ran throughout his body and stopped at his heart. He stood there looking at his hand, dumbfounded not knowing what had just happened.
 
“Don’t you want to know what a TV is?” she stopped walking and turned to him. He looked up at her, completely curious to what she had done to him.
 
“Yes or no?” she raised her eyebrows in annoyance. He looked back at his hand and closed it then proceeded to follow her into the living room.
 
“So this is how it works. You press this button on the top,” she pressed the power button on the remote, “ and vuala! It’s on. Now to change the channels you press these buttons and to turn the volume down or up, you press these buttons.” She showed him how this foreign technology worked.
 
Finally something to do,” Kai leaned back on the couch.
 
“Just curious, but don’t you guys have more advanced things than this back at your planet?” she wondered.
 
“Very stereotypical for you to think that but yes, we do have more advanced technology than this at our home planet,” Luhan answered. 
 
“But we don’t have TV shows like you humans do,” D.O stood near SuHo, “it’s more for the spreading of important information. And it’s not like this either.” He pointed at the t.v, “Our TV is a hologram.”
 
“What do you guys do then?” 
 
“We usually spend our time training,” Suho replied.
 
“Oh, I see,” Jacey nodded her head in understanding, “ what do the kids on EXO Planet do then?”
 
“Unlike children here on Earth, EXO children begin to train at an early age. Such things aren’t necessary,” Luhan nodded his head towards the TV.
 
“Wow, poor kids. Being deprived from entertainment and all,” Jacey shook her head, feeling bad for the children of EXO.
 
“Nature is their entertainment,” Luhan remarked. 
 
“That’s understandable, I guess,” Jacey flipped through the channels, “ oh look, SBS. Who would of thought they would have this channel in Paris.” Jacey said amused then gave the remote to Chanyeol and walked back inside the kitchen.
 
“Wow, thank you, Baekhyun,” Jacey thanked Baekhyun after seeing everything was put away.
 
“No problem,” Baekhyun smiled, " I see that you have memorized my name."
 
"I told you I'll remember from now on," Jacey smiled back. Just then the oven beeped singling that the pizza was ready.
 
“Who’s hungry~,” Jacey chimed as she put oven mittens on to pull the pizza out of the oven.
 
“I am!” Tao ran into the kitchen, “ yummy.” 
 
“Wait!” Jacey smacked his hand away, “ wait til it cools down. You’re gonna burn yourself.”
 
“Don’t worry, I’ll just blow on it,” Tao smiled and blew on a piece before grabbing it and taking a huge bite out of it. Soon the kitchen was crowded with twelve hungry men.
 
“This is…magnificent!” Chanyeol exclaimed with his mouth full.
 
“Can we eat this everyday?” Sehun agreed.
 
“You guys like it that much?” Jacey asked amused and half of them nodded. “You’re not gonna eat,” she turned to Kris who was leaning against the wall, “ here, it’s really good.” She handed him a slice of pizza. He took it but just stared at it.
 
“I didn’t poison it, if that’s what your thinking,” she assured him, “ You’re not vegetarian are you?”
 
"Vegetarian?" he mumbled in confusion.
 
“Take a bite, duizhang. It’s really good,” Tao encouraged him. Kris just gave him a weird look and Tao slightly bowed and turned to go to the living room.
 
“If you don’t want to eat it then don’t, but don’t complain and say that I didn't feed you,” Jacey shrugged and grabbed a slice for herself then headed towards the living room as well.
*Why does she look so familiar?* Kris stared after her. He then looked at the pizza in his hand, examined it for a couple seconds then cautiously took a bite. *Tao is right. It does have an appealing taste.*
 
“I think I can get used to this human food,” Chanyeol sat near Jacey with a slice of pizza in his hand.
 
“Is there any more?” Sehun stood near Jacey, his eyes glistening with hope.
 
“What! You guys finished it already? But I made two,” Jacey stared at the them in amazement and annoyance.
 
“It’s you who took so long to come back home,” Luhan crossed his arms. Jacey glared at him and got up to put more pizza in the oven.
 
“After these two, if you guys want more, you make them yourself, alright,” Jacey put the pizzas in the oven and threw the empty boxes in the trash.
 
“I’m going to sleep,” Jacey walked out of the kitchen, “ you guys better not burn the house down.” She stopped half way, “ and to take out the pizza, use those oven mittens I left on the counter. Don’t want you guys burning yourself and crying like little babies,” she continued walking towards her room. * Damn it. I didn’t even finish unpacking.* She stared at her clothes on the bed and the suitcases still filled with clothes. She continued unpacking, humming to the song “The Chaser“ by her favorite group, Infinite. She stopped  humming once she came across an old picture. A happy yet painful memory. She stared at the faces of  herself and her sister, happily smiling as the waves gently embraced their feet. 
 
Flash Back
 
* “Look! A crab!” Jacey pointed at the creature going about its business. 
 
“Don’t touch it! It’s going to  bite you,” Yun Hee warned.
 
“But look at it. It looks lost,” Jacey felt sad for the crab that was crawling aimlessly.
 
“Don’t worry about it. It will get washed up by the waves and it’ll find it’s home,” Yun Hee grabbed her hand and pulled her away to where their parents sat enjoying their day at the beach.
 
“Are you guys hungry?” Their mom looked up at them. The girls simply nodded and sat next to their mom.
 
“Here’s a sandwich and juice,” their mom handed them their lunch.
 
“Thanks omma,” the girls smiled and began eating.
 
“It’s a really nice day, isn’t it,” their dad looked up at the clear sky before taking a bite of his own sandwich.
 
“It’s been a while since we’ve been to the beach, hasn’t it.” their mom commented.
 
“I wish we could live here, omma,” Yun Hee beamed.
 
“Ooo, that’s a good idea, mommy. Can we live here?Pleeaassee,” Jacey pleaded with her hands put together.
 
“Don’t be silly, Jacey. We can’t live on the beach,”Yun Hee replied instead.
 
“Awww,” Jacey pouted.
 
“Don’t be sad. When I grow up, I promise to built you a house on the beach,” Yun Hee promised with a smile. Their parents just watched them happily conversing and chuckled at the silly things their daughters said.
 
“Really?” Jacey’s eyes beamed with happiness.
 
“Uh hum,” Yun Hee nodded.
 
“Thank you, unnie! You are the bestest unnie in the who entire world!” Jacey gave her a huge hug causing laughter from her parents. *
 
End of Flash back
 
Jacey looked up at the ceiling, trying to prevent the tears that were threatening to escape. Just then there was a knock at the door. 
 
“It‘s open,” Jacey put the picture down and wiped her eyes.
 
“May I come in?” Kai stood at the door that was halfway open.
 
“Why?” Jacey was suspicious of his motives.
 
“I have something to…. say to… you,” he looked at the floor then at her. * If he wanted to try something again, he would have just teleported himself in here without warning* She thought to herself.
 
“Please, I really need to say this to you,” he sighed.
 
“Okay. You can come in but keep your distance,” she stayed alert as he made his way in and closed the door. She kept fidgeting with the shirt she had in her hands, nervous to be alone with him.
 
“What is it that you have to say,” she didn’t dare look at him.
 
“What I want to say is that…I’m sorry,” her head snapped up to looked at him. 
 
“Are you really sorry?”  She stared into his eyes and she could see the sincerity in them.
 
“I really am,” he nodded, “ I don’t know what took over me. I’ve never acted that way before.” He shook his head and looked at the floor, confused at his own actions. She wasn’t sure why but she believed him. She always had a way of knowing if someone was lying and she could tell the he was telling the truth.
 
“Alright,” she nodded her head softly, “ I forgive you.”
 
“You do?” he looked up at her surprised that she had forgiven him that easily.
 
“Yeah. I can tell you’re being sincere and I really appreciate you saying that you’re sorry,” she smiled, “just don’t EVER let it happen again. I know I’m irresistible and all but please learn to control yourself.” 
 
“Irresistible, uh?” he chuckled at her attempt to joke it off.
 
“To be honest, I almost completely forgot about that ‘incident’,” she confessed, “ I’m not the one to hold grudges or anything like that. Even though it was a really bad thing you did, I tried to forget. Because sometimes it’s better to forget things that cause you pain.” Jacey mindlessly stared at the picture of her and her sister that was laying on the bed. Kai could tell she wasn’t only talking about what had happened between them two, but about something else that caused her a great amount of pain. For some reason, he wanted to hold her in his arms and comfort her. Even though he didn’t know what was causing her pain, he wanted to tell her that everything would be alright. *Why am I feeling this way?* he questioned himself. He stared at her while she absent mindlessly stared at something on the bed. He came closer to her, and to his surprise she didn’t look up from what she was looking at. She was to lost in thought that she didn’t even notice that he was right next to her now. He could now see the picture that made her be in this state of mind. He saw two young girls standing near water, both of them facing the direction in which water surrounded everything. He could easily tell which one was Jacey. *She hasn’t changed much* he mused.
 
“What the-,” Jacey finally snapped out of her thoughts, “How did you get next to me. Did you teleport yourself next to me?” She pointed an accusing finger at him.
 
“No, I walked. I was curious to what you were staring so intently at. It was as if you were in a trance. If the world were to be ending, you wouldn’t have noticed.” he lightly joked.
 
“Oh really?” she was slightly embarrassed.
 
“Yeah, really,” he chuckled, “ I can tell that’s you, but who’s the girl next to you?” Kai referred to the picture on her bed.
 
"I thought you guys knew everything about me," she raised an eyebrow.
 
"Not everything," he chuckled while shaking his head, " it's only been a couple of years since we've began tracking you."
 
"Well now that's what you call stalking," she furrowed her eyebrows.
 
"It wasn't up to us," he replied.
 
"Huh?" she looked at him puzzled.
 
"Nothing," he shook his head, " so who's the girl next to you?"
 
“Oh,” she wasn’t sure if she should tell him who she was or not, “ that’s my sister.” She looked at the girl in the picture, sadness evident in her eyes. 
 
“Oh, you haven’t changed much,“ Kai noticed that and knew talking about her caused her pain so he decided not to talk about her any more than he already had.
 
“You think so?” she was surprised at his comment. He nodded his head and leaned closer towards her making her slightly nervous.
 
“Still cute,” he whispered, smiling.
 
“Y-ya!” she backed away from him, shocked at his remark, “ you can teleport or walk out, just get out of my room. You- you,” she couldn’t even find a word to call him.
 
“Alright, alright. I’m leaving,” he put up his hands in defense and walked towards the door but stopped, turned to face Jacey and winked. Before Jacey could throw the closest thing next to her, Kai disappeared into thin air, leaving a cloud of black mist behind him.
 
“That guy. I forgive him and he decides to pull something like this off,” she shook her head in bafflement, “ I guess I’ll have to get used to it.”
 
By the time she finished unpacking everything, it had become dark outside. Jacey walked over to the  huge windows, wanting to see how the city looked at night. As she opened the huge curtains, she realized that they weren’t windows but a sliding glass door that lead to a balcony. She slid open the door to get a better view of it. As she turned to the right of the balcony, she noticed a staircase leading up to the roof. *What the heck is this?* Jacey thought as she approached the staircase. She curiously began climbing the steps. As she reached the top, she let out a small gasp at the sight in front of her. The top of the roof was decorated with white furniture. White couches formed a huge half square in the middle with a glass table in the middle and a built in tarp the color of white and gold to protect the furniture from unpredictable weather. She couldn’t believe all of this belonged to her. She walked towards it to get a better view, slightly touching the couches in awe. 
 
“Thank you mom and dad,” she whispered to herself. She made a mental note to herself to call them and thank them for letting her have this perfect apartment.
 
Back at her room, someone was knocking on the door.
 
“Jacey?” Chanyeol opened the door and peaked inside. He opened the door a bit more only to see that Jacey wasn’t in her room. He looked towards the sliding glass door that was slightly open, letting the cool breeze in and making the curtains dance at its touch. Searchingly, he walked towards the sliding glass door and opened it all the way. He peaked outside and also noticed the staircase that lead to the roof. Wanting to know where Jacey had disappeared to, he climbed the steps. Looking around as he reached the top, he found Jacey sitting on the couch, with her head resting on it. He quietly approached her only to see that her eyes were closed. *Is she sleeping?* Chanyeol wondered to himself. As he examined her  face, his heart began to accelerate. *Why is my heart acting this way?* Chanyeol put a hand over his heart, confused.
 
“Are you just going to stare at me all night?” Jacey asked with her eyes still closed, startling Chanyeol.
 
“Not talking, huh?” she lazily opened her eyes and sat up straight. Chanyeol kept looking at her and then at the floor.
 
“What was your name again? Cha-chamol?” she asked slightly tilting her head to the left.
 
“Chanyeol,” he corrected her.
 
“Oh Chanyeol,” she repeated trying to memorize his name, “ so Chanyeol, is there something you want to ask me?” He nodded his head, making his slightly curly hair bounce.
 
“So…”she raised an eyebrow,” what is it?”
 
“What is this?” he held up a can of soda.
 
Really? You came up all this way to ask me that?” she chuckled at his lack of acknowledgement towards human things. “That,” she got up and grabbed the soda from his hands, “ is soda. It’s a soft drink. You want to try it?” She opened the can before he even gave her an answer. He just stared at the soda in her hand debating on whether to drink it or not.
 
“Here take it,” she pushed it towards his hand, “ I think you’ll like it. It’s sweet.”
 
“Sweet?” she nodded as he hesitantly took at. He cautiously brought it up to his lips but kept his eyes on Jacey who was encouraging him to take a sip. As he took a sip, the sweetness of the soda filled his mouth. His eyes became wide at the foreign yet delicious taste of the soft drink.
 
“Good, right?” Jacey smiled at his reaction. He eagerly nodded  as he chugged the whole thing down. “ I told you you’d like it.”