“RESIGN?”

My Everything

Nobody’s POV

Seunghyun rush to the hospital after Jinyoung called him to inform that Yuri got hospitalized. The day before the opening day, Yuri and Seunghyun had a fight about his work. Yuri wants him to quit his work, but Seunghyun declined it because she can’t give him a satisfying answer.

“How is she Jinyoung-ah?”

“She’s fine now, Sean..She just had an over fatigue…She needs some rest.”

“Thank you!”

“No problem.” Jinyoung pats his shoulder in comfort the left him there. Seunghyun took a seat beside Yuri’s bed and hold her hand with a worried face.

“I’m sorry..” in any moment from now, the tears he is holding back will flow from his eyes. Seunghyun felt like he is the reason why she got hospitalized. He regrets the day they had fought about it.

‘I’m sorry..Maybe if I didn’t argue with you and only listen to you..this won’t happened..I’m sorry..’he thought while holding her hand near his lips and the tears starts to run down his face.

*****

Yuri wakes up after a few hours have passed. She noticed that someone was holding her hand, she looks at the person and when she sees its Sean a small grin plaster on her face. He is sleeping soundly. She sit-up and take a look of him then her soft hand touches his face gently. Seunghyun felt it and wake up from hi dream land. He look up and sees her smiling face and he can’t help, but smile too with a teary eyes. He press her hand on his face more to feel the warmth of her palm.

“I-..I..sorry.” he utters with his crack voice.

“It’s not your fa~” Seunghyun cut her off.

“No!..I know it’s me..If only I have listen to you..you won’t be like this.”

“Sean..”

“Don’t worry, babe..I’ll quit my job for you and find another one.” He said and look at her directly in the eyes.

“A-are..you really doing that?..” She wants to be sure.

“Yes..just for you..because I don’t want to worry you so much..” he answered with all honesty.

“T-thank you..” she said and hugs him tight. Yuri is afraid for his safety because of her brother and she doesn’t want to lose him, so it’s better to keep him with her.

****

Dara still can’t recover from what her best friend told her after they have met yesterday. She is thinking deeply that she didn’t recognize that Jiyong is walking towards her, until he snake his arms around her waist.

“OH!” Dara jump off in surprise.

“Sorry to disturb your thoughts.” Both of them look at each other.

“What were you thinking?” he asked and she squint her eyes. She knows she can’t tell him because this issue will cause a fight between them again.

“AH,..nothing so important..” she keep it to herself besides she needs to confirm it.

“Ok!..By the way..I’ll be having a business trip tomorrow at Canada..Do you want to come?”

“Business trip?” she wants clarification.

“Yeah!..but don’t worry..It won’t take long..It will be a one week trip..” He answers.

“Ah..” she nods her head.

“so..are you coming with me?” he asked.

“Huh?..eh..I don’t want too..besides the store here are need to be monitored..so it’s better that I am here while you’re out of the country.” She answered him. Dara thinks that it’s a good chance to do her secret task while he is away.

“Ok, I understand..but don’t work so much..I’ll try to call you when I am free..Ok?” Dara nod at his question.

****

At the airport… Dara and Jiyong saying farewell to each other..

“I told Mr. Kim to be your butler since I won’t be around. Don’t forget to keep your phone on..I’ll be calling you when I am free..OK?” Jiyong said his things to do for Dara and she just nod at it. She can focus actually on what he was saying because she has plan on her head after Jiyong departure. The flight attendant voice is now saying that all the passenger of the plane must go. She cant help but smile after hearing it.

“Oh, you should go now..The plane might leave..Take care!” She said and give him a goodbye kiss on the cheek. Jiyong is confused with her, but then Dara command her to go in, so he just obey her. When he is gone she quickly fish her phone from her pouch and dialed Seungri’s number.

****

At the mall HR department…

“Mr. Choi, I am glad you’re here!” Ms. Go said then commands him to sit.

“You already know why I called you, right?”

“Yes, ma’am!..and Before anything else..I would like to say sorry for my ill manner action during my time of duty..I just walk out without telling anyone..I am sorry..I will understand if you are going to fire me.” He said and bowed his head asking for her forgiveness. Ms. Go was taken a back with what he said. Then she laugh.

“hahaha..You really think that I will fire you because of that?” she ask and he raise up his head with a confused look.

“You..you mean not?” Ms. Go nod at his question.

“Actually, the reason why I called you is that I want to say thank you for saving me because of agreeing to do the work..so how could I fire you??..Even you left your duty I am still thankful because you did everything right and ordered..” she praise him.

“but I only did what is proper, ma’am..If..if your not going to fire me..then what else you want me to do, ma’am?”

“Well, I called you because you will be now assigned to the newly opened mall that you serve. The wife of the manager will be the one to take charge of it since her husband won’t be there because he is on a business trip. You and your two friend worker will be joining you there, so good luck!.”

“You mean, the three of us will assigned to the new mall?..Do I hear it right, ma’am?” he wants clarification from her and she nods happily.

“So..you better inform the others…and I won’t be handling you there..I will turn you over to Ms. Park Jiyeon since she will be in-charge of handling the personel..Then, you better prepare..because all of you will meet the managers wife.” She answers. He was happy for awhile, but then change into sad one.

“Why?..Aren’t you happy?” Ms. Go worriedly ask.

“It’s not like that, ma’am..but..I think I have to decline it.”

“Huh?”

“Sorry, but I can’t accept it..I actually want to resign..”

“RESIGN?!..Why?”

“It’s personal, ma’am..”

“but, you should look at it as a open opportunity..It’s not easy for now to get a job..Just think about it many times..then if you still decide to resign..then come back to me and bring your resignation letter..is that Ok?” Ms. Go can see that he is just not thinking straight probably because he is affected with the matter that is distracting him.

****

Seunghyun is still thinking about the matter that Ms. Go said to him while he is slicing an apple inside Yuri’s hospital room.

“So what do you think Babe?” Yuri asked him, but he is not answering and it’s like he didn’t hear her talked.

“Sean?..” still no answer.

“SEAN!” she called him a bit loud to wake him from his reverie.

“Oh!..Yeah!..Here!” he passes the slice apple in his hand.

“You’re not listening..” she push away the apple and lazily bend her back on the head board of the bed.

“Huh?..eh..sorry..what is it?”

“What are you thinking?” she asked.

“Ahm..Babe..I know I promised you that I will resign with my current job..Babe..I..ahh..mm..”

“You can’t do it?” she completes his sentence.

“Babe..it’s not that..”

“Sean..I understand..I can’t force you to do the things that you don’t want to do..so I..think of this many times..I will let you do it..” when she said that, Seunghyun can’t hide the happiness he feels inside.

“BUT!.”

“but..?” he repeat it waiting for her to continue.

“But..it’s for temporary..since I am looking for a job that fits you more..and I want us to work together..”

“work together and what do you mean by looking for a job?”

“I will let you work there for awhile, but when my boss accepted my proposal..you will resign their so we will work together in one company..is that OK?..and another thing make sure that you will not cheat on me..and I want you to go home after your work..then you won’t believe what other people will tell you…you will only listen to me..OK?..” she said.

“OK and that’s a promise!..just for the mean time…Thank you, babe!” He hugs her tight. Yuri still thinks that Sean is still working at the other branch and not the branch where her brother and his wife will be managing. She feels safer in that, that’s why she let him continue the job. She just worries that sooner or later, Jiyong’s wife and Sean will meet again and when that time comes, everything will be complicated. That is what she is avoiding, so she wants to get a quick answer and move about the plan she requested to her boss.