“I will do the surgery”

My Everything

2 days after…

 

Yuri decided to go back to her old place to get the thing that she wanted to give Seunghyun. Each day they spent time together, she sees how beautiful person he is and not so hard to love. No wonders why Dara falls for him, he is such a great man. She also falls for him, but unlike Dara, he never and will never love her the way she love him. Accepting the fact about it and really pained her but she needs to move on. She scans her room to look for that mini box that she kept for years. When she found it, a loud sigh escape . She’s afraid to look what’s inside it because it will only add pain to her, but she still opens the box. Everything is still there. She closes it once again and keeps it in her hand bag. Right after that, her phone rings. It’s from Seunghyun.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh, is this Ms. Yuri?” it’s a voice of a man on the other line, but it’s not Seunghyun.

 

“Yeah..Who are y~” she didn’t let her finish.

 

“The owner of this phone collapse a moment ago..He was sent to the nearest hospital…” she quickly ended the call and rush to the said hospital.

 

****

Yuri and the doctor talks about Seunghyun’s condition inside his room.

 

“Ms. Kwon..I have to be honest with you..He is not doing fine..His condition is getting worse..” said the doctor.

 

“I never thought that his condition is like that..He never shows it to me.” She replied.

 

“What did the other hospital recommends you?”

 

“A surgery”

 

“He must take that as soon as possible.”

 

“I’ll talk to him when he wakes up.” With that, the doctor bows and exited the room. When he is gone, she looks towards Seunghyun. She’s surprise to see him awake and staring at her.

 

“Seu-Seunghyun?”

 

“I won’t do it.” He firmly said. She knows that he is talking about the surgery because he must have heard their conversation. She comes to him.

 

“But you need too..You need to be alive.”

“NO!”

 

“Seunghyun please listen to me..It won’t change anything..” she is now standing beside his bed.

 

“Really?..Tsh!..That’s a lie.” He has an accusing look.

 

“No..It~”

 

“I heard you and Jinyoung talking about it that day I disappeared from the hospital.” She’s shock at his revelation.

 

“He said that when I get that stupid surgery..It won’t be a 100% successful..Then the result of it..is losing my memory..now tell me..is that what you mean by nothing will change?” she don’t know what to say at the moment.

 

“I will not do that stupid surgery..I’d rather die than do it.” he strongly said to her.

 

****

 

The next day…

 

Jiyong and Dara are ready to go at the airport for their flight back to US, but stops when Yuri crash into their house.

 

“Are you two going somewhere?..Why do you have luggage’s?” Yuri asked upon seeing luggage in the entrance of the house. Mr. Kim gets inside and started picking up their things.

 

“What are you doing here, noona?” Ji asked.

 

“Where is Dara?..I need to talk to her.” She demands.

 

“She’s inside our room..What do you want?..We are leaving today back to US to start a new life.” He informed her.

 

“No, she can’t leave!”

 

“And why?”

 

“Seunghyun..Seunghyun needs her..He needs her..” tears starts to fall. She can’t keep her emotions after remembering Seunghyun suffering.

 

“What?..I thought he’s ok with i~” she didn’t let him finish.

 

“No..He is not..He is not doing fine, Ji..He is in the hospital..He is dying, Ji..” she reveals as she cries hard.

 

“Who is dying, Yuri-sshi?” It’s Dara’s voice that echoed the house. The two look at to where the voice came. She’s on the staircase gripping on the stair handle.

 

“Dara..” both Ji and Yuri called her name. She walks down quickly and rushes to Yuri’s side.

 

“YAH!..I told you..Who’s dying?” she repeats her question.

 

“Se-Seunghyun.”

 

“That’s a BULL!..What none sense are you talking about?”

 

“It’s true..and I won’t come here if it’s not an emergency..He is dying, Dara-sshi..I need you to come with me..He really needs you right now..” Dara still can’t believe her. She keeps on shaking her head as tears threatens to fall.

 

“The day when you brought him to the hospital when he collapse..Jinyoung, the doctor who did some test to him revealed that Seunghyun had a brain hemorrhage..and he needs to get into a surgery..but it won’t guaranty him 100% of cure..and since his brain got damage, the operation can lead to memory loss.” Revealing those things made Dara feels week, but before she can land the floor, two strong arms caught her in time. She looks up and found Ji staring at her. She cries.

 

“Where is that hospital?” it’s Ji who asked the question.

 

****

 

Dara’s POV

 

After we arrived in the hospital, the doctor and nurse rush towards our direction. They talk to Yuri about Seunghyun having another headache attack and that they already gave him a pain killer so he went to sleep now.

 

“Ms. Kwon..I advise you to immediately convince him in taking the surgery..He needs it..” the doctor said to her. My heart constrict inside my body. I want to see him.

 

“Wh-where..where is his room?” I manage to ask.

 

“Let me accompany you mam.” The nurse said, but before I could follow her, someone stopped me. I look at the person who holds my hand. It’s Ji. He has this pleading look on his eye and I can also see pain in him.

 

“Dara…” the way he calls my name made me feel like being stab in the heart. I am hurting him again. I know I already said that I want to live a new life with him, but knowing Seunghyun’s situation made me feel confused. But, right now, I want to go and see him.

 

“Ji..I’m sorry..but I promise you..I’ll be back..” I said and plead with him to let me go and see Seunghyun. I want him to feel assured that I still don’t forget my promise to him before. Then slowly, he let go of my hand. When I get in Seunghyun’s room, my heart feels heavy. He is not wearing any oxygen mask or even machine tube connected to his body. He is just there sleeping peacefully. But his complexion change. He looks pale.

 

“Mam, I’ll leave you here now.” I heard the nurse said and I just nod before she goes out. Now, I am alone in his room standing at the right side of his bed while observing him. God, why did you let this happen?..I already thought that he is living safely with Yuri since he choose to be with her, but what is this?..He is suffering again?..Why do you have to do it to him?..He never did wrong. I was the one who have sinned. I should be the one receiving all these punishments, not him. He won’t be in this situation if it wasn’t because of me. Why do you have to make him suffer for my wrong action?.Why?

 

“Sa-Sandy?” my trail of thoughts is cut off when I hear someone calls my name. I look down and find Seunghyun staring up to me with a surprised look.

 

“Tabi..” I try to put up a happy face for him.

 

“What..Why are you here?” his voice tone is quite low like he is whispering to me but still audible. I don’t know what to answer him, when I hear him talk again.

 

“Why are you crying?..!..Did they tell you about me?” he cursed.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me, Tabi?..Huh?..am I nothing to you?” I gather my strength to talk.

 

“It’s not what you think, Sandy..”

 

“Then WHAT?!” my voice raise because of feeling anger about the whole situation. How come he never told me this?.

 

“because I don’t want you to worry…I don’t want you to feel pity on me…I don’t want to make you feel burden.”

 

“This happens because of that accident..and that accident was all because of me..I s~”

 

“DAMN IT!..STOP!..This is the reason why I don’t want to tell you this..You will blame yourself because of my condition…I don’t want you to do that..I don’t want you to f~” I never let him finish because I immediately launch myself to him for a tight hug and then followed by my cry.

 

“I’m sorry, Tabi..I am sorry..” I said while crying.

 

“husshhh…Sandy..please stop crying..you know that I don’t want you to see crying..hussh..” I hear him say as he caresses my back. I don’t want to let go of him at that moment. I am scared for him. But he breaks from our hug because he wants to see my face. He wipes my tears using his two hands on both sides of my cheeks.

 

“Tabi..I’m sorry..Forgive me..” I said to him, but he hushed me with his index finger place on my lips.

 

“You don’t have to say sorry..and I am not blaming you..It’s accident..so please..stop saying those words..” he said with his assuring self. I look at him still crying.

 

“Tabi..the doctor said that there’s still a solution to it..”

 

“I know..but..Sandy..I don’t want my memory to be lost..especially about you…that is all I have now..I don’t want to throw those things away easily…I don’t have you now..and the thought of not having any memory about you is like dying to me..” hearing him saying those words pains me. After all that happened, he still loves me and I still do. I pull him to a hug since I can’t think of the right words to say about what he said. I feel stupid.

 

“I’m sorry Tabi..but you have to let those memories go..for you to live.” I don’t know how I managed to say that to him.

 

“Do you really want me to forget everything about you?” his question made me stiff. Am I really ready to lose him?

 

“Dara..” that voice. It’s not from Seunghyun. I broke from our hug and wipe my face and look towards the door direction. I didn’t notice that they are already standing there.

 

“Ji..”

 

“I will do the surgery, Yuri-ah..Let’s schedule it tomorrow.” Seunghyun’s sudden talk surprises us all. The doctor is also standing there.

 

“That’s good to hear, Mr. Choi.”

 

“Tabi..” I look at him and I see his serious face.

 

“I already know the answer, Sandy..Don’t worry..I will do what you wish for..”