“Goodbye for good”

My Everything

Anneyeong chingus! this will be the 2nd to the last chapter for this story..I want to say Thank you to all my faithful readers and commenters..I love you all guys..

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 24 "Good Bye For Good"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Today is the day of his surgery; my heart feels heavy knowing that I won’t be at his side and the fact that he will never remember me again for good. Today we are leaving this country for good also, but my mind and body telling me not to go. As I walk into the airport I feel like crying, but I am suppressing it for the sake of Ji. I stop with my track when a hand squeeze mine and stop me from walking. I look down and see our hands tangle to each other. I look up to the person next to me.

 

“Ji?”

 

“I can’t do it anymore, Dara.” He began talking with a low voice. I got confuse and don’t know what he mean by it.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know..whatever I do..I can’t have your heart…No matter what I say..you won’t love me the way you do to him..” his words surprises me. He is talking about Seunghyun.

 

“Ji..I told you..I want to start a new life with you..” I want to make him feel secure with my words, but it seems like he don’t believe me. He shook his head and looks me straight in the eye.

 

“No, Dara..Stop fooling yourself…since day one..I already know that there is only one person that stays in your heart..and I can’t do anything to change it..When I saw you back there…your eyes glow the moment you look at him…I envy him…because no matter how hard I try..you won’t look at me like that…I have been fooling myself too that someday..you will learn to love me too.” His voice trailed off. Pain can be seen on his eyes. I hold his face with my both hands and caress his cheeks.

 

“Ji..” I can’t find the right words to say for him.

 

“Dara..starting today…I am no longer be your husband and you are no longer be my wife…I want you to be happy..and if that happiness is him…I am letting you go.” I am not prepared for everything he said. Then he held my hands off on his face.

 

“I’m sorry Dara..but Seunghyun needs you more than I do…so now, you must go before I change my mind..” I think I am being mean right now because I feel happy hearing that he is letting me go. But of course, a part of me still feels guilty.

 

“I’m sorry too, Ji..and Thank you for loving me…I wish you to find the right girl for you…Thank you so much.” I said and he suddenly pulls me into a long and tight hug.

 

“Goodbye Dara..” he said while hugging me.

 

“Goodbye Ji..”

 

****

 

I arrived at the hospital a bit late because Tabi is already inside the operating room. Yuri is sitting on the bench outside the operating room. She smiles upon seeing me. I approach her side.

 

“I’m glad your back, Dara-sshi..” she said.

 

“What time did he get in?” I am curious if Tabi has been there for long time.

 

“Just a minute before you came in.”

 

“How’s he?”

 

“The doctor said that Seunghyun will survive the operation.”

 

“That’s good to hear..”

 

“Dara-sshi..I have something to give you before I go.”

 

“Go?..Why? Where are you going?”

 

“hmm..somewhere to unwind my mind..you know..” I get what she wants to say.

 

“I’m sorry Yur-sshi..”

 

“You don’t have to be sorry..You didn’t do wrong..I was the one who fall in love with him..and I don’t regret it…You know..Seunghyun is such a great person…and he deserve to have a great person like you..You both deserve each other..Here..take it.” she handed me the mini box inside her bag.

 

“What’s this?” I accepted and open it.

 

“Those where the things that Seunghyun has the night when he got into an accident.” She began and I slowly unload the content of the box. The items still has dried blood marks on it.

 

“Before Seunghyun was sent here..He told me about what happened to him that day..” I listen to her while I scan the items until I found a silver ring.

 

“He told me that he was supposed to ask you to marry him and live together with him for the rest of your life, but it didn’t happen because of the wedding you had with my brother..then there’s this goons who tried to steal his thing. He doesn’t want to let them take that precious ring so he followed them, and when he recovers the ring and his empty wallet the accident occurs.” She said. I began to tear up after hearing the story from Yuri. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

“Seunghyun loves you so much..and I know you do too…The doctor said that he will absolutely lost his memory after the surgery..but with you here now..you two can start a new memories and life together..Don’t give up on him because until the end, he never give up on you..” that’s the last thing she said to me before she pulls me in a tight embrace. Thank you Tabi for everything. Please come back to me soon.