Mindless, Anonymous

Mindless, Anonymous

EXO-K: Baekhyun's POV

 

There was just something about Chanyeol that made him significant. He was the only one who made me feel special, not even Sehun- who I'm completely over now, could ever make me feel this way. I have Chanyeol by my side now, and I know he isn't ever going to leave me in the dust like Sehun did.

"Baekhyun?"

My head snapped up and smashed into his chin. We both rolled over, groaning in pain.

"What is it?" I sputtered out, still dizzy from the impact. Chanyeol brought himself to his feet and helped me up with him.

"Get on my back."

"Wha-" I was cut off as I felt myself being lifted off the ground. He positioned me comfortably on his back and continued walking. I wanted to tell him that I was capable of walking myself, but this had happened last time and it didn't work out very well either. I leaned my chest against his back and wrapped my arms around his abdomen, pressing my cheek to the nape of his neck.

I was starting to feel restless, so I started squirming in his grasp. He held me tighter to him and let out a groan.

"Stop moving so much," he commanded me. I pouted and felt myself slipping, so I slid myself higher onto his back.

"Channie, are we ever going to find anyone at this rate?" I asked, using the nickname I gave him.

"I don't know Baekkie. We'll have to see."

"But I-"

I choked on a handful of dirt after my face had been planted to the ground. Chanyeol had tripped over something and we ended up sprawled all over the ground. I coughed and spat, trying to rid the mud from my mouth.

"Chanyeol, watch where you're walking!"

"B-Baekhyun, look." I looked to where he was pointing and noticed a figure with soft, ruffled hair curled into a ball on the ground. It looked so helpless and defenseless, so I went to pick it up.

It was D.O.

"D.O!" I screamed, hugging him tightly to me. He viciously thrashed around in my arms.

"Help!" he yelled out, punching my chest and maneuvering himself from my hold.

"D.O, what's wrong with you? It's me, Baekhyun!"

"No, get away from me! Help, Suho!"

He continued to flail around, this time he started to bite me. I gasped and ripped my arm from his mouth, making it bleed in the process. Chanyeol came and held D.O from behind, clutching his arms so he couldn't move. He kicked and screamed and I just sat there petrified. What was wrong with him?

"Monsters!" he cried.

Monsters? How the hell were we monsters?

"D.O, no! We're your friends!" I tried to persist with him. It didn't work.

An undescribable expression crossed his face, and soon after there was a rumble in the earth. I looked below me and couldn't see the ground anymore.

"CHANYEOL!"

I was falling.

I kept falling into the deep abyss. It was endless, like I was trapped in some kind of time warp, where it would loop for eternity and never stop. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact that would bring me death.

There was a bright flare from behind my eyelids. I opened them in time to see a blazing phoenix diving towards me. The bird caught me easily with its talons and brought me back to the surface, putting me down gently. With a burst of fire, Chanyeol returned to his human form. I glanced around me and noticed D.O had escaped. Tears sprung to my eyes and I dropped to my knees. We had just found him!

"D.O..."

 

----------

 

I'm sorry for not updating sooner, I've been really busy lately.

Please continue to comment and subscribe!