Mindless, Anonymous

Mindless, Anonymous

EXO-K: Kai's POV

 

I slowly crept into Suho's office and closed the door behind me. I walked over to the chair infront of his desk and sat down. I could tell he was glad to see that his message was clearly delivered by Tao.

"Do you know why I asked for you, Kai?"

I peered into his eyes, searching for the answer. In the end, I nodded my head horizontally, showing him that I didn't.

"I have a favor to ask of you."

"What is it, Suho?"

He cleared his throat. "Maybe I should've waited for Kris to come, but I felt the need to tell you myself," he continued. "Since I believe that Kris isn't physically capable of flying all of us to those moons himself, you seem to be the only eligible person left."

My jaw dropped. He wanted me to teleport everyone to the moon? Personally, we've never tried it before. I didn't know if I was physically able to do it, either. We would have to do a lot of test runs before we actually go there. And another thing, I've only transported to places inside the earth. Would I be able to teleport to other planets?

"It seems that you have a lot of questions by the expressions on your face, but I can't assure you that I can give you all the answers," Suho explained to me like the authoritarian that he is. I sighed. This wasn't going to be an easy task.

"Okay, I will do it, but let's just try it out first," I obliged. He nodded and excused me. He told me that he will gather everyone in the main room later this evening so we could practice. I was extremely nervous and fidgety. What if something goes wrong? I don't want to be the one responsible for anyone going missing, or even deaths.

"You'll be okay. Everything will go according to plan," Suho tried to calm me down. It didn't help at all.

"If you say so," I murmured and stepped out into the hall. I still felt unsteady so I teleported myself back to the wheat fields. It's been quite some time since I've been here. My gaze travelled around, and I noticed there were still some burnt skid marks that Chanyeol had left behind. I frowned. It didn't seem like anything was going to grow back there.

I walked around casually, trying to ease my mind. It was actually working. I was in tranquility for once, not worrying about the others or even the mission. Soon my thoughts were interrupted. The mission. I started thinking about Kris and Suho's dream. How were they so sure that the tree halves were still there, on those two moons that only Baekhyun could see? And why was Baekhyun the only one who could see them, anyways? Was it because of his power to control light?

I started pacing. What if those twelve weren't us, but another group somewhere else in the world, and they already beat us to it? I mean, we discovered there were six others like us, so maybe there could be other people out there with our unique abilities.

I was really over thinking things this time. I spent the next two hours lying in the wheat fields until I had to get back to the residence.

Time to go practice teleporting.

 

----------

 

Finally, a chapter that's actually relevant to the plot.

Please give me your feedback and subscribe.