Mindless, Anonymous

Mindless, Anonymous

EXO-K: Kai's POV

 

It's been a week since Kris transformed. Everything has regulated back to normal again. The other group has moved in with us, and are now permanent residents in our home. Not that I minded or anything.

I started noticing some things going on between some of the others. Sehun and Luhan have been inseparable ever since they arrived. Something was definately going on between Kris and Lay, too. I observed as Xiu Min tried to grab Chen's attention when ever he could, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun started being more affectionate with each other. Suho and D.O were getting closer, as well.

And then there were the rest of us. Sometimes I wanted to be one of them, having someone to really care about. They acted like they were in their own worlds sometimes, like it was only the two of them and no one else was there to interfere.

Sehun and Baekhyun have become more distant. I didn't know what had happened between them, I just knew that they used to be the best of friends and now they were hardly talking to each other.

I had told Tao I liked him a while ago, and now he has been avoiding me like I was the plague. Every time I saw him walking down the hall he would try to get as far away as possible, or even turn and start walking back in the direction he came from. I didn't show it but every time he did it, my heart felt like it was shattering. I didn't really understand why I felt this way, so I asked Suho why and even he couldn't come up with a legitimate explanation himself.

Maybe I should try confronting him.

Or maybe not.

Truthfully, I was too scared to face him. I didn't want him hating me entirely. With a grunt, I brought myself into a crouch and started prodding at the petals of a flower that rested in a pot. I only end up confusing myself.

"Kai."

I was too focused on the flower so I didn't hear the person calling my name.

"Kai," the person said louder this time. I still didn't comprehend. Instead, I began to ramble on about how pitiful it must've been being a flower and how equivalent we were to each other.

"Kai!" the person practically screamed. I jumped and ended up knocking the pot over, watching as it shattered into tiny shards with the soil spilling everywhere. Who ever it was swore under their breath. I bent down to clean up the mess, and so did the other person. I finally got the chance to look at their face.

It was Tao.

"U-uh, s-sorry," I stammered, not exactly knowing what I was saying. My mind just seemed to act on its own at the moment.

"I-I wasn't looking, a-" he cut me off by pressing his finger to my mouth. My eyes shot open and I scurried across the floor, trying to stand but my legs couldn't hold me up. I finally made it to my feet and dashed down the hall, running until I felt assured by the safety of my own room. I slammed the door shut and slid down it, pressing my back on it to keep from people intruding.

Why the hell did I just act like that? I made myself look so stupid! And I left him there to clean up the mess that I made. I wanted to hit myself. It wasn't even a big deal, he just touched my mouth. It's not like he was going to cut it off or anything.

But why did my lips tingle so much where he had touched me?

 

----------

 

I love you guys so much. Your comments are inspiring me to continue writing this story.

Please, continue to comment and subscribe, and thank you all for your support!