Mindless, Anonymous

Mindless, Anonymous

EXO-M: Lay's POV

 

I watched as everyone paired up with the other group. I couldn't stand it, I was always left alone, so I got up and left. Trying to remain silent, I glided through the door and was met with a blinding light. I shielded my eyes with my hand. It was only the afternoon sun.

I was sure that no one would notice my absence. I climbed my way up a nearby hill and sat down. Supporting myself with my arms, I leaned back until I was looking at the clear sky. Realization started to sink in. No one cares about me enough to know I was gone.

I exhaled and changed position. While bringing my knees up, I noticed a wilted carnation that had grown away from the patch. I gave a lamented smile. It reminded me of myself. I dug it up and brought it over to the rest of the flowers, planting it back in the ground. The flower has been dead for a while now, being unable to support itself on its own. Now it will have another chance.

I focused intensely on it. It brought a heavy mental strain along with it, but I had grown used to the pain. Every time I tried to resurrect something from the dead, my head will start to feel like it was being squeezed tight and it would bring on a migraine.

I swirled my fingers around and silver dust appeared. I directed the flow of the powder to the carnation and sprinkled it. The dead flower gradually lifted with life until it was in full bloom again. I smiled at its delicacy.

A pair of familiar arms wrapped around me. The person, who I deemed was Kris, had managed to break me away from my reverie. I suppose he had noticed me leaving. I turned my head in his direction and his large hand cupped my face.

"Beautiful."

I couldn't decided if the comment was directed towards me or the flower, so I ignored it and didn't reply. I turned my head away, forcing him to release his hand. He continued to hold me in his arms.

"Lay, why did you leave?" Kris asked me gently. The tone didn't match well with his deep, raspy voice. I still didn't respond.

After a moment I could sense his irritation manifesting. He held my chin and yanked my head so I was facing him. I didn't want to look at him so I shifted my gaze to the ground.

"Look at me!" He boomed. Startled, I adjusted my gaze so I was looking at his face and examined his handsome features. His high cheekbones, his full, plump lips that always seemed to be tilted in a frown, the slant of his eyes, and his strong jaw bone.

I my lips subconsciously, and I noticed Kris's eyes dart to my mouth. He quickly pulled himself away and shook his head. Giving me one last glance, he got up and ran back to our residence.

My mouth fell open in shock. What just happened?

 

----------

 

Please, continue to comment and subscribe~