Mindless, Anonymous

Mindless, Anonymous

EXO-K: Chanyeol's POV

 

I remember waking up to so many unfamiliar faces. I needed someone here with me, so I called out the first person that came to mind.

"B-Baekhyun," I choked out. My throat felt dry and seared. It was too painful for me to talk. I was reassured when I saw Baekhyun's ethereal face. He gripped my hand tight and a pain shot up my arm. It subsided after a moment until it went completely numb.

"Don't die. Please don't die, Chanyeol!" I watched as he cried. I wanted to wipe his tears away and caress his face, but all I could manage was a weak of his hair. Everything felt so surreal, it like I was in a different world. I closed my eyes.

"Chanyeol!"

"Lay! Do something, please!"

A sand-like substance was scattered around my wounds. I felt some of the smaller cuts completely heal while the larger ones tightened until they were only scratches. It didn't stop me from drifting off into a slumber, though.

After a moment of resting, I jolted up in disillusion. I couldn't die here. I can't leave everyone behind. I brought myself to my feet and looked around rashly. There was a slight pressure on my stomach and when I looked down I found it was D.O. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly. He started shaking in my arms.

"I-I thought you w-were gone," he hiccuped. A few tears slipped from my eyes.

"I will never leave you," I soothed him. It was like he was the one who almost died, not me. I chuckled at the thought. I got on one knee and wiped his tears away. His round eyes were red and puffy, his pouty lips continued to tremble and it looked like he was about to burst again.

"Chanyeol?" A weak voice to the left of me called. It was Baekhyun. He closed the small gap between us and cleaned my face of tears. It seemed like everyone was crying. I let out a feeble laugh.

"I'm okay, really," I tried to convince everyone but my voice had cracked inbetween. I glanced at everyone and noticed Kris still wasn't there.

"... Is he-" I began, but was cut off by Sehun. "He's still going berserk." I released a sigh. I needed to try again.

"No. I know what you're thinking. You can't go," Kai pleaded with me, gripping my arm.

"I'm the only one who can."

"No, you almost died! We don't want to lose you again!" Kai continued.

"Then do you want a deranged dragon going around slaughtering innocent people?" I snapped at him. He stopped talking. I didn't mean to yell at him, but he was being unreasonable.

"Kai's right, Chanyeol. You can't do this alone," Lu Han persisted. This was so irritating.

"He's our leader now too, whether you guys like it or not. We can't just abandon him." There was a long pause.

"It's too dangerous alone," Sehun finally stated.

"I don't care, I'm still going!"

"If you're going, we all are going," said Xiu Min. The rest of them agreed, even Tao and D.O.

"You guys." I was devastated. They actually wanted to help me? I just stood there in shock.

"What? You think we don't want Kris back ourselves?"

"Yeah. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go bring Kris back!"

 

----------

 

That's funny, you guys actually thought I killed Chanyeol.

Comment and subscribe~