Chapter 32: Youngmin finds out

Twin Hearts

   “You’re finally awake!” Yoon Mi said in annoyance before standing up to leave. “Don’t just faint like that!” she continued. “Go home,” she added and left.

   After you went home that afternoon, all you did was stare into blank space and thinking of what Yoon Mi said earlier. “Kwangmin… he… he’s dying? He’s… he’s gonna… he’s gonna leave me?” you asked as tears swelled in your eyes threatening to fall. “I… I have to see him,” you told yourself and quickly dialed Yoon Mi’s number. She picked up the call immediately.

   “What do you want?” she asked, annoyed. Apparently, you’re still one of her contacts and that didn’t go unnoticed by you as you smiled a little, knowing that somehow… somewhere… Yoon Mi still cared. She still cared. For you.

   “Can I know which hospital Kwangmin is staying at? I want to visit him,” you said. You heard Yoon Mi sigh on the other line but she told you anyway. “Thanks,” you said and hung up. You quickly grabbed your jacket and went outside.

   “Yah Kim _________, where do you think you’re going?” your mom asked you from inside the house but you just ignored her and waved at her.

   “I’ll be home soon~!” you shouted back.

 

   When you finally arrived at the hospital, you quickly went to the nurse and asked the room number of Kwangmin. Upon knowing the room number, you sprinted towards it leaving the nurse dumbfounded. “Why is she in such a hurry? It’s not like he’s dying. Oh, well at least not now,” the nurse said and just shrugged, getting back to work.

   “So, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye,” Minwoo said as he stood up. Kwangmin nodded with a smile before lying down. “Take care of yourself, okay?” Minwoo added softly to which Kwangmin nodded in response.

   “Take care on your way home,” Kwangmin said and waved at his friend. As soon as Minwoo went out of the room, he saw you approaching.

   “_____!” he said, horrified. ‘Why is she here?’ he asked in his mind. “W… what are you doing here?” he decided to ask you.

   “Is Kwangmin there?” you asked worriedly. Minwoo reluctantly nodded. “Is it true that he’s dying in a few weeks time?” you asked. Minwoo was caught off guard as his eyes widened.

   “Who told you that?” he asked, shocked.

   “Yoon Mi told me this afternoon. How long did you two know about this?” you asked calmly but deep inside your blood was boiling. ‘How long were they planning to keep this a secret from me?

   “Yoon Mi just knew recently when… Kwangmin fainted that day when you uh… fought. Or at least that’s what Yoon Mi said,” Minwoo said and rubbed his nape awkwardly. “I knew about his condition for a long time already. He didn’t want me to tell anyone,” he added.

   “Is that why you were so protective over him the first time we met?” you asked as your raised an eyebrow. He nodded. “I’m going in to talk to him about this,” you said and was about to go inside when Minwoo blocked you.

   “No,” he said. One word but it sounded so serious and firm; not to mention that there was a hint of threat in his voice as if he would do something really bad if you were to disobey. “You can’t tell him that he’s dying,” he added firmly. You were surprised at his statement that you weren’t able to stop yourself when a hand already made contact on his cheek.

   “I… I’m sorry,” you said as you looked at the ground. “I didn’t mean to slap you it’s just…” you paused and sighed. “When are you planning to tell him about it? When!? When he’s already dead!?” you continued. The tears that were threatening to fall earlier finally rolled down your cheeks. “When do you think he’s supposed to find out that he’s dying!? When he’s already inside the coffin, breathless!? Lifeless!? Answer me!” you shouted as you shook Minwoo’s shoulders.

   “I’m sorry,” was all he said before he pulled you in his arms. “I’m sorry,” he repeated.

   “Why…? Why is he dying…? Why didn’t he tell me? Does Youngmin even know about this…?” you asked as tears continued to flow. Minwoo didn’t reply but he just soothed your back. “I’ve been selfish all this time, Minwoo. I’ve been acting as if everything was alright when in fact it’s not. I’ve been acting as if nothing happened… I thought I don’t see him in school because he’s avoiding me so he goes home early and stuff like that. I didn’t know he was already suffering. And what was I doing? I was always hanging out with his brother totally oblivious about his condition,” you cried.

   “Then just keep acting as if everything’s perfectly fine. I don’t want to see Kwangmin worried. He’s stressed enough. I will let you face him when the time is right,” Minwoo softly spoke as he ran his fingers through your hair. You looked up at him with red eyes.

   “When is that time then? When he’s… already…” you paused and closed your eyes shut. You couldn’t bear say the word. It pains you by merely saying it and knowing the fact that it’s true. “I actually thought you would deny the fact that he’s dying, Minwoo. I was hoping that he will be alright, that Yoon Mi was just playing around,” you added and sighed. “But I’m disappointed. I’m disappointed because it’s true. I’m disappointed because someone like Kwangmin is leaving this world. He’s always been so cheerful whenever we were together. I didn’t even have a single clue that he was already suffering,” you continued.

   “Let’s just get you home tonight, shall we?” Minwoo said as he kissed your forehead. “You need to rest.”

 

 

[Your POV]

   The next day I went to school with a straight face. Usually when I enter the school, I always smile but today… I just can’t bring myself to smile. The evidence to as to what I’m feeling right now would be my red, puffy eyes. I cried myself to sleep last night after Minwoo dropped me home right after we ate dinner. He told me that there was no way that they could save Kwangmin now. He’s in a severe stage now and that’s what pains me the most. I wasn’t even there for him when he needed me. I was so selfish and I didn’t even listen to his explanation. I didn’t even bother seeing him after what happened back at Yoon Mi’s place. Now I’m blaming myself as to why he’s in that condition now. I’m the reason why he fainted. I’m the reason why he’s stressed. I’m the reason why he’s broken. I’m the reason why he’s dying. All the blame should be put to me.
   I love Kwangmin, I really do. But I also love Youngmin. I don’t know who to choose anymore. I’m so confused. I don’t want to hurt both of them by choosing either Kwangmin or Youngmin. If I choose Kwangmin, Youngmin might understand but we’ll never be as close anymore. Everything will just be awkward and… painful. He wouldn’t want to see me anymore. If I choose Kwangmin, I’ll lose a friend. But if I do choose Youngmin, Kwangmin will be sadder. He’ll be broken even more. But I won’t be as happy if I choose him.
   Suddenly, a pair of soft hands covered my eyes and whispered, “Guess who?” making my heart jump a little. I clearly knew who this was. My heart broke a little. If I don’t choose him… are we going to go back to the strangers’ level again? To the love-hate relationship we’ve had? He said he’d understand and accept but of course it will still leave a scar in his heart. He’d been there for me for so long without me knowing. I’ve been hurting him too all this time when I was with Kwangmin. The sad part was, I didn’t even know how he felt.
    “Youngmin,” I said nonchalantly. He quickly uncovered my eyes and made me face him.
   “Eyyy, what’s with the frown? Did you— omo! Why are your eyes red? Did you, by chance, cry last night?” he asked worriedly. I sighed and nodded slowly. “Why?”

   “B… because,” I couldn’t bring myself to continue. Minwoo told me last night not to tell Youngmin about his twin brother’s condition. When are they planning on telling him about this too?

   “Eyyy, you missed me that much?” Youngmin joked and chuckled as he pinched my cheeks. “C’mon, flunkie, smile,” he said and smiled at me. “See, I’m smiling. You should too. It’s such a beautiful day to be frowning.” I can’t take it anymore; seeing Youngmin this happy without knowing anything breaks my heart even more. Will he be able to smile like this again once he knew of his brother’s condition?

   “Don’t fool around at this time Youngmin-ah. Your brother is already dying! He only has a few weeks to go!” I suddenly blurted out. As soon as it escaped my mouth, I regretted doing so. Youngmin looked at me with wide eyes before opening his mouth to talk.

   “What…?” he asked as his voice cracked.

[End of your pov]

-

YoungKwangJeong Corner #9

Junssi: Oh my gosh Youngminnie found out TT-TT What's gonna happen now? D': Omo, too much drama. <||3 Anywayyyy~! ^^ Twin Hearts finally reached 100 subbies ! Yayyy! Thank you guys so so so much for subscribing and all the comments and supports you've given me. :) I'm really moved. I hope though that even if this story reaches its closing, no one will unsubscribe. ^^♥ And whether the ending will be up to your choice or not, I hope you won't get mad. So in advance: PEACE TO KWANGMIN-BIASED OUT THERE. PEACE TO YOUNGMIN-BIASED OUT THERE. I love these boys equally but of course... in the end, you can only end up with one person, right? ^^ I love you guys~~!♥

Youngmin: Wow, never thought bipolar author-nim could rant SO MUCH @____@. Oh, and you love US equally? I don't think so *pout* you always bully me. :( You're only kind to Kwangkwang.. *sigh*

Jeongmin: Lovebirds alert! Hahahaha. Hi guys ^^ so.. you finally told Youngmin about his twinnie's condition huh? :[ my poor bestie... how is he gonna cope up now? Hmm...

@wendyho→ Oh.. kekeke I'm relieved then ^^ Coz I thought you wanted Yoon Mi to be with Kwangkwang. :( <|3

Kwangmin: Stop the drama, hyung -.- but... I will survive, right? Miracles do happen, right? RIGHT? *puppy eyes*

@xxMikixx→ Yeah! Don't make me die :( see... she will cry if you do.. <|3 and I don't want my dear Miki to cry TT-TT

Junssi: We'll see, dear okay? ^^ Who knows... :> Thank you so much, xxMikixx-ah~!♥

@KarraAriana→ I know right? -____- very mean person she is hahahaah. Just kidding XD Jeong-oppa might hear :P ne, Youngminnie ish a Barbie so I can't fall in love with a girl, right? :))

Jeongmin: Ne! ^^ JeongMi fighting~♥ Thanks for giving us our couple name, Ariana-ah :D

YoungSsi: NO NO NO *shakes head vigorously* NEVER HAPPENING~ D: 

Kwangmin: Okay, Youngyoung can have author-nim :P~ I'll have __________ to myself♥♥ And yes! It was only fanservice :D

Youngmin: Andwae! Me no likey author-nim. She's a terror; she scares me @___@ she.. she's—OW! YAH YOU BIPOLAR AUTHOR-NIM -.- why hit my head for? :< owwwiiieee~

Junssi: >_______> you deserve that. Maybe I'll just make you be the one who's sick and everyone just thinks it's Kwangkwang. -.- then you'll be dead instantly :P then Kwangkwang can have his happy ending and you'll suffer. BWAHAHAHAHA. That actually sounds like a good ending, doesn't it? :D Everyone gets their happy ending ^^

Youngmin: You are weird... -_____-

@neeyarnee→ HI~! ^^ New reader? :D Oh, you're just in chapter 24 kekeke XD Anyway, welcome to Twin Hearts♥~! Why do you call yourself a heartless gf? XD kekeke.

Jeongmin: Wae!? Are you saying my Yoon Mi is supposed to be the heartless girl here? Huh? >:|

Youngmin: A..aniyo.. *chuckles nervously* that's um.. nevermind ~~ ^^

Jeongmin: O...kay? =__=

@Aoi101→ Omo! You want to strangle my Yoon Mi to death? :O n..no, don't do that :( TT-TT you can kill me if you want.. just not Yoon Mi-ssi :(

Junssi: Hahaha you overprotective oppa XD awwiiieee :'( *comforts you* we'll see Aoi101-ah, okay? :) As Kwangkwang said: Miracles do happen. So just believe, ne? :D

Youngmin: I.. I do love my twinnie but.. *sighs* mianhae if I disappointed you, Aoi101-ah :[

YoungSsi: Perfect couple? eeehhh!? D: andwaee~

Kwangmin: Ne! Youngmin-hyung likes to bully me a lot *pout* I love you more Aoi101-ah ^^♥ *hugs back*

@Kpoplove_→ I will stay strong for you. :) *sighs* I hope my best friend, Yoon Mi, could be her old, loving self again :[ why did she suddenly turn evil? :< I love you mooooore♥ *blush* Yes, let us pray for a miracle :D

Junssi: Aw... :') Thank you so much Kpoplove_-ah :D Kekeke. You made my day ^^♥ so, Yoon Mi's sudden change of attitude has an effect? XD Who knew she was gonna turn out so evil in this story? XD

Youngmin: Tch. Well you did know, obviously -.- you're the author >_____>

Junssi: I wasn't talking to you~! Bleh! :P

Jeongmin: Aish... seriously you lovebirds! >____> You make me sick with all your LQs... HAHAHAHAHAHA!~ =))

YoungSsi: You're weird hyung/oppa. And we're not 'lovebirds' -________- and we're not having lover's quarrels... it's just natural :P

Jeongmin: Yeah, sure. Whatever :P >:)

Junssi: You look evil, oppa :))

@JaziMoon→ Annyeong~! ^^ I just saw you now; new reader, I suppose? :D Thank youuuuu~ ^^ I wouldn't be without all of your  (readers) support =)

KwangJeong: Please don't forget to comment, ↑Upvote, and Subscribe to Story to show your support~! ^^

Junssi: Sorry for any grammatical errors and/or typos made. :[

Youngmin: I love you guys~! Let's all anticipate for the ending, ne? ^^♥