Finale: Forever and always

Twin Hearts

   As promised, you stayed with Kwangmin. Every day after school, you would go to the hospital to spend time with him. You would even do your homework there just so you could keep watch of Kwangmin every now and then. You and Youngmin never talked again after telling him that you would stay with Kwangmin for now for the boy needed you to be by his side. Youngmin understood, as he, too, made a promise to Kwangmin to let you go.

 

   “_____-ah…” Kwangmin called weakly that evening.

   “Yes?” you asked as you turned to him. “Do you need anything?” Kwangmin just held your hand and smiled at you. “Kwangmin-oppa, is something bothering you?” you asked. He shook his head and continued to smile at you. You smiled back.

   “I just want to hold your hand,” he said. “’Coz this might be the last time I’m doing it,” he added and chuckled. You pouted and lightly punched his arm.

   “Yah don’t talk nonsense. Of course, you’d be able to hold my hand every day. Forever, even,” you said and grinned at him.

   “You promise?” he asked like a kid.

   “I promise,” you said, nodding. He held his pinky up and, giggling, you intertwined your pinky with his. “I really, really promise.”

   “Why did you choose me over Youngmin? Was it because you knew I was dying?” he suddenly asked. You looked at him and shook your head.

   “Of course not,” you said. It wasn’t entirely true but it wasn’t completely a lie either. “I chose you because it’s the best and right thing to do.”

   “I don’t think so,” Kwangmin said.

   “What?”

 

   “I don’t want you to choose me out of pity. I want you to choose me because you love me,” he said. He had a serious expression. You sighed and put your free hand on top of his hand that was holding your other hand.

   “But I do love you, Kwangmin-ah,” you told him. Now that wasn’t a lie. It was really true. You do love him. It’s just that your heart seemed to have already belonged to someone.

   “More than Youngmin-hyung?” he asked the question you never wanted to hear. You didn’t answer because if you did, he might just end up getting hurt so you pretended you didn’t hear his question. He sighed and squeezed your hand a little.

   “I… I…” you started, not knowing how to finish. Kwangmin smiled knowingly.

   “I’m letting you go _______-ah. I’ve been very selfish for wanting to have you by my side. I didn’t think of your and hyung’s happiness. I’ve separated you both for a long time and now you can finally find the way back to each other’s arms. You can finally be together. I want you both to be happy. I don’t want to be a hindrance by refraining you from loving each other. I don’t want you both to suffer deep inside anymore by abiding with what I want. Just know that if you’re happy then I am too,” he said which took you by surprise.

   “Kwangmin…” you uttered. Kwangmin nodded his head and smiled.

   “______-ah, you’re now free. You can now love him again. I’m sure that he’s the man whom you deserve more. I’m sure he’ll be the one who’ll complete you; the man who will make you happier than you are right now,” he said and kissed you for the last time on your cheek. “I love you…” he said before slowly releasing your hand from his grip. His eyes twitched and before you knew it, the monitor on the side started making noise.

   “Sorry Kwangmin-ah and… thank you,” you whispered as you kissed his hand. After that, nurses and doctors came barging into the room and started pressing the cardiac defibrillator on Kwangmin’s chest.

   Jo Kwangmin, 18 years old. Announced dead at 8: 12 pm on August 23, 2013.


   5 months later.

   “Happy birthday _______-ah!” Youngmin said as he hugged you. You blushed at the sudden contact.

   “Thanks oppa,” you replied, a smile appearing on your face.

   “Hey flunkie,” he suddenly said as he looked at you and held your shoulders.

   “Hmm…?” you uttered while smiling.

   “We have a surprise for you,” Youngmin said.

   “Surprise?” you asked with a puzzled face. Youngmin nodded and looked behind him. It was Jeongmin; but he wasn’t alone. He was with someone. Your eyes widened when you recognized who he was with. “Yoon Mi-unnie…”

   “Hey,” Yoon Mi said and smiled. “Happy birthday; you’re finally celebrating it,” she added.

   “Thank you unnie,” you said. Yoon Mi walked towards you and pulled you in a hug. You knew that she was crying.

 

   “I’m sorry ________-ah. I really am. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I know I’m such a bad friend for doing that to you just because I’m jealous of you getting all the attention. But now I’m happy with Jeongmin-oppa by my side. I really missed hanging out with you. Please forgive me ______­-ah. Can we be friends again?” she asked in between sobs. “So, are we friends?”

   “Unnie! ~” you cried and hugged her tighter. “I forgive you. I missed you a lot too. And yes, we can be friends again. Unnie please stop crying,” you continued, wiping Yoon Mi’s tears in the process. Youngmin and Jeongmin faked a cough.

   “Can we stop the drama now and have some fun?” Jeongmin asked, grinning. Yoon Mi and you looked at each other and then looked back at Jeongmin.

   “Ne! (Yes!)” you and Yoon Mi chorused, a smile appearing on your faces.

 

   That day ended up so well. Actually, it turned out a whole lot better than you expected. Being with your loved ones is the best gift you could ever have. You knew that Youngmin would always be there for you through good times and bad times. You also knew that Jeongmin and Yoon Mi would help you out with everything. You smiled knowing that your mother would always be there by your side and looking out for you. And of course you wouldn’t forget Kwangmin; your first crush, first love, first boyfriend, your everything… back then. You’re very thankful for all he has done.

   “Youngmin-oppa…?” you said as you looked up at him. He looked back at you with loving eyes.

   “Yeah?” he asked.

   “Kwangmin-oppa is happy wherever he is, right?” you asked with a smile.

   “Of course and he’s even happier because you’re happy,” Youngmin replied and gave you a kiss on the forehead and hugged you. “________-ah…?”

   “Yes oppa?” you asked as you snuggled closer to him.

   “Are you happy that I’m the one with you right now?” Youngmin asked. You giggled and hit him playfully on the arm.

   “Of course I am, silly,” you teased.

 

   “One more thing flunkie,” Youngmin said and smirked.

   “What is it oppa?” you asked as you close your eyes.

   “I love you,” he said, making you blush furiously. “I really do.”

   “I… love you too oppa,” you said for the first time. Youngmin smiled, knowing what you said was true. He’d been waiting for you to say that to him. He cupped your cheeks and slowly leaned forward. “…so much.” And with that said, Youngmin planted a kiss on your lips. You didn’t know for how long it lasted but one thing’s for sure: you didn’t want it to end; at least not now. After all the challenges you’ve been through, you’re glad it ended up happily. Bittersweet, true, but you were still happy.

FIN

-

Final YoungKwangJeong Corner (ft. ALL CHARACTERS)

Junssi: It's finally done ^^ Yaaay! :)) Did you like the ending? :3 Sorry if it wasn't up to your expectations TT-TT At least Kwangminnie died happily right? ^^

Youngmin: I'm crying right now TT-TT *tears of joy*

Kwangmin: ME TOO :\ *tears of sadness XD*

Jeongmin: Ha! JeongMi rules~~♥

Yoon Mi: -_______- *rolls eyes*

Minwoo: Annyeong ^^~~! Did you all like it? :D

Junssi: I wanna thank each one of you (including the silent subbies XD) for supporting me 'till the end♥

YoungKwangJeong: Bye bye! ^^

Junssi: Sorry if there were any typos and/or grammatical errors made. :(

Minwoo: Don't forget to comment and ↑Upvote ^^

Yoon Mi: And don't unsubscribe :P~

All: Bye ________-ah~~! Thank youuu ^^ *group hug*