Chapter 10: Wrong send

Twin Hearts

   On Monday morning, you couldn’t concentrate well on your exams. The scene from earlier kept rewinding in your mind. You were walking into school when Kwangmin approached you and held your hand. You gave him a questioning look and he just smiled at you.

   “What do you need?” you asked him.

   “During lunch later, let’s eat together okay?” Kwangmin asked.

   “Eh? Ah… I can’t. S..sorry be…because I n…need to s…study for my next ex…exams,” you stammered and shifted your gaze on the ground. You remembered what happened last Friday.

   “I’ll teach you, _______. That’s if…you want,” he said and smiled sheepishly.

   “Okay. Thank you Kwangmin-oppa,” you said with a smile and bowed. “I need to go.”

 

   “Gaaah! I need to concentrate,” you mumbled to yourself as you looked at your test paper. So far, you’ve only answered ten items. You were not sure of the other six though.

   “What’s with you? You shouldn’t be noisy,” Jonghyun whispered to you.

   “Shut up,” you said curtly and looked at your paper again. You sighed. ‘I’m going to fail. If I fail on my exams, I’ll never be able to study here again because of my scholarship.’

 

   The time passed by quickly and it was already lunch time. You smiled and quickly put your things inside your locker. You were so excited to be with Kwangmin. You practically ran to the cafeteria and saw Kwangmin waiting for you outside. You waved at him and he waved back. You approached him and smiled.

   “Hey,” he greeted and kissed you on the forehead. This made your heart skip a bit.

   “H…hey,” you greeted back as you blushed.

   “C’mon,” he said and dragged you to the cafeteria.

 

   Days passed by with you and Kwangmin eating lunch together while he teaches you your next exams. It didn’t really help because you were not concentrating on what he was saying. You would just look at him and nod your head as if you understood everything. Kwangmin even gave you his phone number and at home, you easily memorized it. Every night, you would text each other until eleven in the evening.

 

   Wednesday night came the following week. You were texting with Kwangmin while “reviewing” the notes Kwangmin has provided for you which he said would be easier for you to understand the lesson. You almost fell from your chair when you saw Kwangmin’s text. It was totally irrelevant to the text you had sent him.

| From: Kwangmin-oppa
| To: _______

I LOVE YOU.

 

   You blushed hard and smiled. You texted back, telling him that you love him too. You couldn’t believe this was actually happening. “Does this mean that we’re a couple now?” you asked yourself and grinned. “Must be that,” you added and sighed dreamily. With that, you went to bed and slept peacefully. You even dreamed of you and Kwangmin on a date.

   Thursday morning came and you happily went to school. You told Yoon Mi about the good news and she was so happy for you that she even hugged you. Going to the fountain area, you spotted Youngmin and smiled. You approached him and tapped him on the shoulder.

 

   “What do you want flunkie?” he teased and smirked.

   “Is Kwangmin-oppa in here?” you asked.

   “Why, are you missing him already?” he teased again. You just smiled.

   “Yes. Is that a problem?” you asked and smirked back.

   “Whatever. He wanted me to give this notebook to you so you could study it later,” Youngmin said and handed you a notebook. With that said, he started walking away.

 

   Later that afternoon, it was time to go home. “How was your exams, _______?” Kwangmin asked as he intertwines his hand with yours. You blushed at his action. It is official; you and Kwangmin are now a couple.

   “It was fine,” you said with a smile.

   “I want to date my girlfriend before I send her home,” Kwangmin sweetly said and looked at you. “Would you want that?”

   “It’s okay with me. So, where are we going?” you asked. He didn’t respond but he just dragged you to an ice cream shop.

   “Ice cream!” you squealed excitedly and pointed at the various ice cream flavors.

   “What would you like to have?” he asked.

   “Hmm… can I have cookies and cream, please?” you asked and stared at him with your puppy-dog-eyes.

   “Okay. Cookies and cream it is then. Just wait for me here,” he said and approached the person selling the ice cream. After a few seconds, he came back with two cookies and cream ice creams in his hands. “Here.”

   “Thank you oppa,” you said and kissed him on the cheek. ‘First kiss.’

   “Welcome my cute girlfriend,” he teased and kissed you back on the cheek.

 

   You had so much fun with Kwangmin that afternoon that you almost didn’t want to go home. But you had to. It was already getting late as it was already eight in the evening. You have to study so you could get high grades for your exams tomorrow. After Kwangmin bid you goodbye, you went inside the house. As soon as you entered the house, you saw your professor talking with your mother.

[A/N: If you still remember, it’s the professor from chapter 1 who asked you to give the chocolates to your mother.]

   “Mr. Jang?” you asked and took off your shoes. “What are you doing here?”

   “I was just talking to your mother about… you know, stuff,” he replied.

   “And may I know what that ‘stuff’ is?” you asked as you raised an eyebrow at him.

   “Well,” he started and rubbed his nape awkwardly. “You see… I was trying to make a deal with your mother,” he added.

   “What deal?” you asked.

   “You see… if you become my daughter then you won’t have a problem with your scholarship. I’ll be able to send you to that university. You won’t have to leave then. You could finish your college there,” he explained and looked at your mother for a split second then looked back at you.

 

   “And by becoming your daughter… does that mean you and my mother will…?” you asked as your eyes widen at the realization. “No way, I won’t let that happen! Omma, appa just died a year ago and you’re going to marry this guy? No, omma please don’t. I could just leave that university after this semester. I could just go and look for other universities to enroll to. I’ll do part-time jobs too so I could help pay the tuition fee,” you added as you furiously shake your head.

   “No _______. I won’t let you do that. If that’s the only way for you to continue to study there then I’ll just have t o—”

   “No mother! You can’t!” you shouted and stormed off to your room, letting tears roll down your cheeks.

   “Ms. Kim Hye—”

   “Just let her cool down,” your mother told Mr. Jang, causing him to just sigh.

 

   “How could mother do that?” you asked yourself as you hugged your pillow. “How could she just marry another man for my sake? I told her that she didn’t need to,” you added and continued to cry. Just then, your phone beeped. You glanced at it and saw that Kwangmin texted you.

|From: Kwangmin-oppa
|To: _______

Hello my cute girlfriend! I’m home now. Please study well, okay? I’ll just eat dinner with Youngmin-hyung.

Anyway, sleep early. Arasso?

I’ll see you tomorrow. I LOVE YOU :)

   You smiled but didn’t bother to reply. You were too engrossed on your current problem. You can’t just have your mother marry someone else when your father just died. To sum it up, Mr. Jang was that someone else. Sure, he was kind but he wasn’t the type of father you would want to have. At around eight thirty in the evening, your mother knocked on your door but you just ignored her. She said that Mr. Jang will go home but you didn’t bother to bid him goodbye and just kept quiet, staring blankly at your phone.

 

   Meanwhile, Youngmin and Kwangmin just finished eating dinner. “Hyung, I feel as if something bad has happened to _______,” Kwangmin said as he tucked himself in his bed. “She didn’t even text back yet. I’m worried,” he added as he faced Youngmin who was at the door, looking at him.

   “You just miss her. Nothing bad will happen to her. You took her home, right?” Youngmin asked.

   “Yeah but… why do I feel like she’s not in good condition right now? It’s as if she needs me now,” Kwangmin answered.

   “You’re just tired. Now go to sleep so you’ll not be tired tomorrow,” Youngmin said and Kwangmin just nodded. Youngmin turned the light off and went to bed. He stared at his brother and sighed. ‘Take care of that girl Kwangmin-ah. She’s too precious.’ Youngmin sighed and got up. He couldn’t sleep. “I need milk,” he told himself.

 

   With that, he quietly went out of the room and drank a glass of cold milk. He had about three glasses before he was satisfied. After putting the milk carton back in the ref, he went back to their room. He was about to go to bed when he felt his phone vibrate. He immediately fished it out of his pocket and went out of the room, trying not to wake Kwangmin up.

||From: UNKNOWN NUMBER
||To: Youngmin

   “Kwangmin-oppa?” a familiar voice whispered.

   ‘________? Is this her?’ Youngmin asked in his mind.

   “I’m sorry if I woke you up but I just want to say thank you. Thanks for everything you’ve done for me. You made me really happy. Thanks for all the love you’ve given me. I’m sorry for not telling you but… tomorrow will be the last time you’ll see me. My scholarship is expired. Hahaha, how ridiculous right? I can’t afford to study there and my grades aren’t gonna help me. I have no choice but to leave. Mr. Jang came over tonight and asked my mother to marry him so he could help us. I don’t want that Kwangmin-oppa. I don’t. My father just died a year ago and I don’t want omma to marry another guy. Even if that’s the only choice left, I wouldn’t go for it. I’m really going to miss you, oppa. Oh, and tell your Barbie brother to take care of you. Tell him to stop rejecting Yoon Mi-unnie. I guess you know about that, right? Please tell him to stop hurting her. I love you oppa,” you said non-stop. Without hearing his reply, you hung up and cried harder as you hugged your pillow tightly as if it represented Kwangmin.

 

   “That… flunkie… she’s leaving?” Youngmin asked himself in disbelief. “She’s so stupid she probably pressed five instead of two, causing her to dial my number,” he added and shook his head. “She didn’t even stop to talk and ask if who she was talking to was Kwangmin,” he continued and sighed. Remembering what he just heard from you broke his heart. “She should not leave. She can’t. And I’ll make sure she won’t.”

--

A/N: I seriously found this chapter boring -.- I'm sorry :( please don't leave me. As you all know, I had a problem opening the file that contained this chapter (which was already in the process of re-checking for errors then posting) so I had no choice but to write new chapter 10 on a new file instead :|

Please do comment on what you think about this chapter and Subscribe to Story :D Constructive criticisms are also welcomed here ^^

DON'T FORGET TO LOG IN SO YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE THE HTML TAG EFFECT OF "YOU" :) Bye!~