Chapter 2: Revenge... Oops!~

Twin Hearts

   "Good morning," Yoon Mi greeted you.

   "Hey," you said and smiled.

   "How was the cemetery visit and your birthday?" she asked, smiling brightly.

   "It was okay. Birthday? Hmm... you do know I don't celebrate it anymore, right?" you asked her.

   "Right. Is it because of your father's death?" she asked curiously.

   "Right. And besides, we don't have that much money now dad's gone. We don't have much relatives left either. Basically... nevermind," you said and managed to breathe out a smile.

 

   "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

   "I'm okay so don't worry." You actually felt bad for lying to Yoon Mi like that. But you didn't want to worry her and become a burden to her.

 

   You were at the school gate, ready to step out, when the guard stopped you. You gave him a questioning look and he just sighed. "Ms. Han called for you. Go to the registrar's office," he said. You nodded and ran to the registrar's office.

   "Good afternoon Ms. Han," you politely greeted the registrar.

   "A pleasant afternoon to you as well," she said.

   "Why did you ask me to go here? Is anything wrong?" you asked with concern.

   "You do know that you got in here because of scholarship, right?" Ms. Han asked and you just nodded.

   "Well, is anything wrong?" you asked.

   "Your scholarship was a deal between your dad and the owner of this school. That means that since your father is not here anymore, the scholarship is terminated," Ms. Han calmly explained.

   "Eh!?!?!? Aren't I suppose to finish college here?" you asked.

  

   "You were but your father's dead. The deal was, as long as your father works for the owner of this school your scholarship will push through until you finish college. Unfortunately, your father's not here to work for the owner anymore. So, after this semester, your scholarship is expired. Be thankful that the owner allowed you to stay here for another year after your father's death. Perhaps, the owner just showed gratitude for your father's hard work. But well, unless you have good grades that I'm afraid you don't have, you could stay. You're aware of that, aren't you? And you're also aware that if you could afford the tuition fee in here, I guess you could stay, right?" Ms. Han asked and sighed.

 

   "How can a scholarship expire? That's like... I've never heard of that. Look Ms. Han, with all due respect... death can't be controlled. It isn't our fault that he died. It just happened. You do know that we can't afford this school, right? You do know that we rely on my scholarship," you said, trying your best to be as polite as possible.

   "That can't be helped either, Ms. Kim. Then I suggest you start looking for a new university that has lower tuition than us," Ms. Han said. It felt like you got slapped on the face. You felt so insulted that you turned red.

   "That's right! I'll not stay here anyway!" you said curtly and stormed off, leaving Ms. Han shocked at your behavior.

 

   "Are you sure you're okay?" Yoon Mi asked, snapping her fingers in front of you.

   "Eh? Ah, yeah. I'm... okay," you said and shrugged, snapping out of yesterday's event.

   "Hey, I gotta go. My class starts in five minutes. See you later," Yoon Mi said and waved at you. You waved back.

 

   Your shoulders deflated and you sighed. "One last semester and I'm out..." you whispered to yourself. You were so engrossed in your sea of thoughts that you didn't notice someone in front of you. Then, the usual thing happened. You bumped onto him. "Sorry..." you whispered and bowed without looking at him, still engrossed in your thoughts. Without any more words uttered, you started walking away.

   "Weirdo," the guy said and shook his head.

   "Hey flunk girl!" one dude called you.

   "Stop calling me that," you told him as you glared at him.

   "Ooh!~ So scary. Listen, if you're not gonna run you're gonna be late again," he said.

   "Oh, Kim Jonghyun, could you please stop bugging me at least for a day?" you asked, annoyed.

   "Fine, fine. But you gotta hurry," Jonghyun said before he ran away.

   "That Jonghyun..." you uttered and shook your head. He'd been bugging you since last week. You figured that he liked you. It was obvious the way he acts towards you.

 

   Finally, lunch bell rang and everyone immediately hurried out of the room. You sighed, resting your head on the table. You feel so tired. You have no energy. "What can I do to be able to stay here? What can I do?" you asked yourself. "What can..." you paused. "Oh, it's lunch time already!" you said as you looked at your wrist watch and sped off to the cafeteria. In there, you spotted Yoon Mi waiting. "Hey, sorry I was uh... taking notes. I'll be right back," you said and turned to leave.

   "Don't forget to buy me candy!" she called after you and you just nodded.

 

   "Dude, you should've seen her face! She turned totally red!" a redheaded guy said, laughing his head off.

   "Did you try to play your silly pranks on Yoon Mi again?" the black-haired guy asked, raising an eyebrow at his friends.

   "Well... a little. You should've really seen her!" the tall one said, laughing with the redhead.

   "Her expression was super funny. I wanna prank on her again," the short one said. He looked like he's the youngest between the four.

 

   Hearing this, you turned to the table behind the counter. There, you saw four guys laughing... well, except for the black-haired guy. Your blood boiled as soon as you recognized the guy. "Tch. You even dyed your hair black today? How silly. And how dare they make fun of Yoon Mi!?" you asked yourself angrily. The cashier called your attention so you turned your head towards her direction. She asked what you would like. Then you suddenly smirked. You spotted coffee. "Perfect," you uttered. "Um... unnie, I would like some coffee please."

[A/N: Unnie ~ older sister, used by girls.]

   "Here you go," she said and handed you the coffee.

   "Thank you," you said and paid. You smirked as you turned around and walked towards the black-haired guy's direction. "Hey you," you called. The four looked at you innocently. You smiled and walked towards the black-haired guy. "This is for you," you said and poured the coffee on his shirt. "That's a payback for yesterday and for making fun of my best friend today." With that, you walked away, leaving gasps from those who've seen it.

   "Who does that girl think she is!? Acting all mighty," one girl said.

   "She's the flunk girl," the other said.

   "How dare she do that to our Kwangmin!" the brunette girl said and pouted.

 

   You went back to where Yoon Mi was sitting and smiled at her. "Did something happen back there?" she asked you. You were at the farthest corner so she wasn't able to witness what you did.

   "Well, I just took revenge on that stupid blonde guy," you said and rolled your eyes.

   "Blonde guy? You don't mean, Youngmin... do you?" Yoon Mi asked.

   "So that's his name. Wait, Youngmin!? You mean, the top in our batch?" you asked and Yoon Mi nodded. "Tch. It doesn't look like it. Well, he even dyed his hair black today. It's so annoying."

   "Black?" Yoon Mi asked.

   "Yup, black. He acts so cool. Tsk, how pathetic! Oh, and part of my revenge was for you," you said and smiled.

   "Me? Why?" Yoon Mi asked, confused.

   "They bullied you earlier, didn't they? I heard them," you answered.

   "That guy... isn't Youngmin. That... that's his younger twin. That's... Kwang...min," Yoon Mi stammered in horror.

   "What!? That guy has a twin? Oh, no! I did it on the wrong guy!" you said, panicking. "What do I do now!?"