Chapter 15: The reason

Twin Hearts

[Youngmin's POV]

   I've just finished eating lunch and right now, I'm walking around the gym. _______ has always been asking why I kept rejecting Yoon Mi after confessing to me a thousand times. Flunkie's wondering why I still reject Yoon Mi until this day even though Kwangmin doesn't like her anymore. Kwangmin liking Yoon Mi wasn't the reason. It has not been. All along, the reason was _______. But of course, why will I tell her that?

   A few years back when we were about to enter the university as college students, I've heard news that there would be a new girl in our batch. I was excited to see who it was. Not that I would be interested in any girls or anything but... you know, I was just excited to see a new face. I got bored seeing all my classmates' faces after all these years. On the first day of school, _______ came early. I was hanging out alone at the fountain area when I saw her walking around.

   "Excuse me but... do you know where the registrar's office is? This campus is so big that I don't know where to find it," she once randomly asked a student. The student told her the direction. She smiled and bowed. During that time, to go to the registrar's office, student's had to pass by the fountain area. So obviously, she passed by me and smiled shyly. She already captured my heart back then. It was sort of a love at first sight.

   "So pretty," I whispered to myself and instantly felt myself blushing. That's just so...gay. I'm a guy but why am I blushing because of a girl? I've never felt this way.

 

   Since that day, I've watched her from afar. I came to know her more even though I never talked to her. I knew a lot about her. How she was always failing in Math, how she was always asleep during History, and all those sorts. At times when she needed help, I was always there. But she didn't know. One time she needed water but she didn't have much money left to buy one, I bought one for her. When she went to the comfort room for a while, I secretly put the water bottle I bought in her backpack.

   I've always cared for her.

   I've always loved her.

   But it has always been from afar...

 

   But then Yoon Mi came into the picture. About halfway our first year college life, she suddenly wanted to meet me at the fountain area one afternoon. When I did so, she handed me a paper. Of course, I was still kind to her back then because she's my brother's best friend. And he loved her. When I opened the paper and read it, I was shocked and angry at the same time.

   "You can't like me! I don't like you!" I said out loud. "Don't like me because I'll never be able to love you back. I'm sorry," I continued and looked at the ground awkwardly. '...and because my brother loves you. I can't hurt him.'

   "W...what? But why not? You're my best friend's brother so why don't you like me? I'm pretty, smart, and kind! Why don't you like me?" she asked, ready to cry anytime soon. Yeah, she has always said those words every time I reject her.

   "I know that but I don't like you, I'm sorry. I like someone else," I said and returned to her the paper. She did slap me that time. It hurt a lot. After that, she ran away and bumped onto _______. That's when I found out that Yoon Mi was flunkie's best friend.

   "Yoon Mi-unnie, why are you crying?" I heard her ask. She was so worried about her best friend. Yoon Mi being flunkie's best friend was the only fact about  _______ that I didn't know...back then.

   "I...I," Yoon Mi tried to say but ended up crying even more. Flunkie just patted her back as a comfort. I started walking away.

   "What if she finds out that I just rejected her best friend for her and for my brother?" I asked myself worriedly. "She might get mad at me for doing that but..." I added and sighed.

 

   Later that night, Kwangmin knew about what I did to Yoon Mi. He looked at me angrily. I swear, if looks could kill, I would've died that time. "Why did you do that to her!?" he asked angrily as he held my collar.

   "Wasn't that what you wanted? I mean, you like her right? So why do you care if I break her heart or not?" I asked with a blank expression.

   "But I don't want to see her hurt! It hurts me to see her cry," Kwangmin said as he gently lets go of my collar and falls on his knees. "But it hurts me more to know that the reason behind her tears is my brother. My brother whom she loved for a long time..."

   "I'm sorry," was all I said to comfort him. I patted his head gently. "Don't worry, after this she won't like me anymore. She'll realize that you're the one."

   "I hope so hyung, I hope. Sorry for shouting at you just a minute ago..." he said softly, still looking at the ground in embarrassment.

   "It's okay," I said and smiled.

 

   That's why from then on, I kept rejecting Yoon Mi, hoping she would realize that we won't work out and that she'll love Kwangmin back. But that's too late now. But I'm still going to reject her, not because of Kwangmin but because of _______. If only flunkie knows all of this...

   But I guess I'm too late right? As in super late. I finally had the courage to talk to her last year but then her first impression of me was bad.

  

   "No matter what, I'll talk to her. This is my chance. I will finally talk to her after all these years," I told myself as I walked down the hall with a coffee cup in my hand. I was so lost in a sea of thoughts that I didn't know someone was in front of me. I was thinking of what I should tell her to start a conversation. So anyway, when I bumped onto this "person", I accidentally spilled the coffee all over her shirt. I looked at her and was surprised to see it was flunkie! She glared at me. She still looked like an angel though. She's so cute. But, wait wait. I need to act cool. Keep the cool act, Youngmin. I cleared my throat before saying, "Hey it isn't my fault you weren't watching where you were going."

   "Excuse me!?" she asked as her eyes widened.

   "Look, because of you I have nothing to drink now," I complained and sighed, still trying to keep my cool act.

   "Eh!?!?!? Because of you, I'm soaked with coffee!" she shouted at me. Shouted! No one ever did that to me. Now... she's really something.

   "Yah, don't shout. You know that it's irritating when girls shout, right?" I said as I roll my eyes.

   "And it's irritating when a guy like you acts so cool and thinks he's so handsome when he's not!" she snorted at me. She thinks I'm ugly!?

   "Excuse me!?" I asked in disbelief.

   "Now if you may excuse me, I have a very important thing to attend to," she said and pushed me out of the way.

 

   "A thing like you have an important thing to attend to?" I scoffed. I was just trying to keep my cool act.

   "Hey, I'm not a thing. I'm a person, you little!~" she said and turned red from anger. She's so cute with her face all red.

   "Little? You're calling me 'little'? Then, if I am already little in this height, what do you call yourself?" I teased while smirking.

   "Ugh! Rude guy!" she just shouted and stormed off. Okay. That was... really stupid of me. Now she thinks I'm rude. She thinks I'm a bad guy.

 

   "Tch. Who does she think she is? Calling me little and ugly. She acts like she's superior. She dares to mess up with me, Jo Youngmin, the topnotcher of our batch? Aish...! If I feel bad, I lose," I said to myself and shook my head. Of course I felt bad! Not that she insulted me but because I acted like a jerk in front of her! I tried to act cool because I thought that's what she wanted but then maybe I was wrong. But hey, I didn't know that she was that...well, rude.

 

   But no matter what, I'll still love her. I'm deeply in love with her. But I'm hurt to see her with my brother. Why, Kwangmin, why? First Yoon Mi and now _______. I all gave them up for you. When can I be happy?

[end of YM's pov]

-

Now you know ;) =)) I wanna give a teaser for the next chappie but I've decided not to. XD just wait, okay? ^^ It'll be a Youngminxyou chapter (again). I can't promise that there will be any cheesy parts though :P

 

Please do comment on what you think about it (your comments are highly appreciated. They're like my medicine x)) so do drop some if you have time, okay? Doesn't hurt to leave one comment, you know :P) and (CLICK)Subscribe to Story :D 

Ppyong!~♥

 

PS: Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors. :) And don't forget to LOG IN to see the html tag effect of "YOU" :D

oh, and sorry. I said I'll be updating every Friday but then I didn't get to update last night coz... I was still thinking of a better way to write this chapter :) hope it turned out good.

NEXT UPDATE: Friday, June 29. :) That's a PROMISE.

*BestFriends, let us send Boyfriend our hand kiss messages okay? :) Bye.