Chapter 18: Awkward

Twin Hearts

   "Okay... let's rehearse the first scene," Mrs. Jung said the next day as she held the script with her soft hands.

   "So the first scene is when I curse _______? Oh, I mean her character?" Su Bin asked, receiving a nod from Mrs. Jung afterwards.

   "One, two, three... action!" Mrs. Jung said and instantly, everyone went to their positions.

 

   "You are such a bad prince! How could you just shoo that old woman away huh? Is that how you treat your servants and poor people? Just because you're the prince of this kingdom doesn't mean you have to be so rude," Su Bin said, getting into her character.

   "I...I... she was annoying!" you replied back, trying your best to sound like a male. 'Gosh I want to laugh right now. This is so awkward. Why am I the one acting as the boy!?'

   "Look prince Yong Jin, even if they are like that... you shouldn't treat them that way. As a punishment for being a bad prince, I will curse you," Su Bin threatened with her eyes getting bigger. You really wanted to laugh out loud right now but you managed to stifle a laugh.

   "No, no, no! Please don't! I'll do anything just please don't curse me," you begged as you got on your knees and clasped your hands together. "Give me another chance."

 

   So your rehearsal went for several hours. All of you were doing great so far and it was just the first take. Mrs. Jung was very satisfied with your acting skills. She was impressed and happy that she chose the five of you to do this play. When the clock hits ten thirty, she clapped her hands together while smiling. "Break time! Be back in ten minutes and we'll be doing the last scene," she said happily. All of you nodded and went outside to eat. A few minutes later, you all went back inside and started rehearsing again.

 

   "I know it's weird for a person to fall in love with an animal but... I think I've just fallen for you Yong Jin-ah," Youngmin said as he looked at the toy frog lovingly, imagining it was you. 'Not just with the play but I'm really in love with you for real. If only you knew...'

   "Y... you are?" you asked, blushing. You were only voicing for the toy frog. 'Aish... it's acting _______!~ But it feels awkward hearing it from Youngmin. If only Kwangmin-oppa's my "princess" then I'm totally going to scream my lungs out...'

   "I am officially in love with you Yong Jin," Youngmin said and lifted up the toy and kissed it on the lips.

 

 

   "Okay, okay now go there Ms. Kim," Mrs. Jung said as she pushed you towards Youngmin.

   "W...what?" you asked in confusion.

   "You see during this scene, we're going to do special effects. While Youngmin is kissing the toy frog, it will be replaced by you," Mrs. Jung said with a teasing smile plastered on her face.

   "We...we're g...gonna k...kiss?" you and Youngmin asked in disbelief, both your eyes widening in shock. Suddenly, Chun Hee and Su Bin squealed because of what they heard.

   "Yeah. Isn't that romantic?" Mrs. Jung asked dreamily.

   "Are they going to kiss on the lips?" Jeongmin asked all of a sudden. You facepalmed yourself and wished Mrs. Jung would say no.

   "Yes...?" Mrs. Jung replied hesitantly.

   "But songsaengnim Kim's boyfriend is Kwangmin-oppa not Youngmin-oppa so why don't we just borrow Kwangmin during that scene? Wouldn't it be awkward if they kiss and yet they're not even a couple? If it was between Kwangmin and Kim then it would look less malicious," Chun Hee suggested.

[A/N: songsaengnim ~ teacher]

   "Aish... what are you saying!? Didn't you hear that she will be kissing me!?" Youngmin mumbled under his breath.

   "Of course not. Mr. Jo Kwangmin isn't part of this class so unfortunately we can't do that. He has a part in their class too so... we're sticking to the original cast," Mrs. Jung answered. "So c'mon now Ms. Kim. One, two, three... action!" she added and smiled.

 

   "Um..." you uttered and closed your eyes. 'Why him, why him, why him... WHY HIM???' you screamed in your mind. You were waiting for Youngmin to press his lips with yours but nothing happened. Slowly, you opened one eye and saw his face just an inch away from yours. He tilted his head in a manner wherein the audience will think that you guys are really kissing.

   "This is better right since I'm not even your boyfriend?" he asked coldly.

   "Uh... I guess," you replied while blushing.

   "...and cut!" Mrs. Jung said and clapped her hands. "That was great! Okay, thanks for your participation everyone. You may go to classes now," she said and smiled.

 

   'Well that was awkward. I guess we'll be awkward with each other until the play... aish!!! I don't like being awkward with someone,' you told yourself in your thoughts.

   'That was very awkward. We were just an inch away and... ugh! What am I thinking? Kwangmin would kill me if we kiss. If only...' Youngmin told himself as he shook his head.

   "I guess those two are going to be forever awkward with each other," Jeongmin whispered to himself and smirked. "And this is where all the real drama begins."

-

YoungKwang Corner #2

Youngmin: Hello!!! That was... awkward, don't you think? XD

Kwangmin: What was? :>

Youngmin: Okay, here's the clue for the next chapter...

Kwangmin: Wait! Let's just give them a preview :3

Youngmin: Fine -.- so, here it is ::

 

~PREVIEW TO CHAPTER 19: For real?

"Are you just going to stand there and watch them? Then what, hurt yourself?" Jeongmin asked in disappointment. Youngmin turned to look at him.

"Hyung when can I be happy? I'm very much hurt right now," Youngmin said as he let tears roll down his cheeks.

"Don't you think you've done enough? Don't you think you did your best to make her love you back? Yah, you've done enough now... I think it's time to let go of her," Jeongmin said quietly.

"But... I love her so much," Youngmin replied, looking shamelessly at the ground.

"Youngmin, would you want to hurt yourself even more? Just stop. Look, Yoon Mi's there right? Why don't you just learn to love her instead? Maybe you and ______ aren't really fated to be together?" Jeongmin asked and walked towards the younger lad and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Youngmin-oppa... he loves her?"

END OF PREVIEW~

 

Kwangmin: Intense! Haha :))

Youngmin: I know XD I wonder what'll happen next? :)

Junssi: Hey you guys ^^ I'm sorry if the preview's very lame. And this chapter too -.- I'm having writer's block! :OO Please help me!!! D:

Youngmin: Do you think that this chapter (and the preview) was lame, _______? COMMENT on what you think about this chapter to cheer her up ^^

Kwangmin: Yeah coz your comment is her medicine :3

Junssi: Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors :(

Youngmin: See, she's sad! :( So do comment and-

Kwangmin: And SUBSCRIBE to this story! :D

Junssi: Next update will be next next Friday, August 03! :) I'm sorry I couldn't update on the 27th since... um... yeah :)) just that XD

YoungKwang: And since author is here, she'll be the one to reply on your comments :)

Junssi: And again... only a few commented :'3

@Paulette1029→ Here's the update ^^ oh, why thank you :D♥ I hope this update was worth the wait XD

@Verdiana1→ Thank you so much ^^ you must be a new reader? :) Hahaha well I hope this chapter was worth the wait unnie :3 I hope it wasn't that bad :( :)) yeah but unfortunately it has to end =)) but don't worry, there are still a lot of chapters to go ^^ Thanks again :D

@xAyuMin→ I know right? -.- grrr... XD Ooh :> he says he loves you too XD♥♥♥

Youngmin: That's right ;) Nado saranghae xAyuMin :3

Junssi: Okay that was... cheesy :)) Anyway, back to the replies...

@MinNaMaknae: Annyeong!!! ^^ I see you're a new reader and subbie :3 Gomawo ^^♥ Nice idea :> I'll try if I could squeeze that in the story? haha thank you for the idea >:) ke ke ke. I hope you liked this update :D

Kwangmin: Yah hyung why does it seem like _______ wants to end up with you now? D:

Youngmin: 'Coz I'm awesome that way *smug*

Kwangmin: You brainwashed them! :OO

Youngmin: Haha aniyo :P I'm just really handsome ;)

Kwangmin: Pfft -.- hyung _______ is mine :P I'm her boyfriend!~

Youngmin: Whatever -.-

Junssi: Okay, before these two fight over you... we've got to go! :)) Bye hahaha. I know... this corner's boring today/night O.O Mianhae! 'Till next time ^^♥

YoungKwangSsi: Ppyong!~