Chapter 13: The "date"

Twin Hearts

   "Let's go on a date," he answered and smirked. 

   "A what?" you asked, startled by what he just said.

   "Are you deaf or what?" he asked and rolled his eyes.

   "N...no. I just... want to make sure I heard it right," you replied.

   "Why, what did you hear me say?" Youngmin asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

   "Uh... you want us to um..." you paused, not sure whether to say it or not. You started fidgeting and you could feel butterflies in your stomach. You looked up at him and said, "...date."

   "You heard it right so let's go," he said with a smile and then he intertwined his hand with yours. This made you blush and startled. "Don't worry flunkie, this is just a friendly date."

   "O...of course," you said while looking at the ground. 'Why is my heart being like this? Aish... I think something's wrong with me today. And why the heck is he holding my hand for!? Grr...'

   "What?" Youngmin asked innocently.

   "Hand," you replied one-wordily.

   "We're friends, right? We should get along," he teased and led you the way out to school.

 

   Minutes later, you arrive on the busy streets of Myeongdong. From afar, you could see the church you go to every weekend. Still hand-in-hand, you walked passed several shops. Then, you halt in front of an ice cream parlor. You squeezed Youngmin's hand, giving him the signal for both of you to go in there. "Please Youngmin, please? I want ice cream and since you want us to get along, you should buy me ice cream," you pleaded with puppy dog eyes while pouting cutely. Youngmin chuckled before he ruffled your hair, releasing your hand. 'Huh? Why don't I suddenly feel warm after he released my hand? And what is this other caring and playful side of him? Waaa!~ I'm really confused right now. I think I'm sick.

   "Arasso flunkie. We will eat there and let's get along," he joked and opened the glass door.

   "Good afternoon ma'am, sir," the lady greeted and bowed at the two of you.

   "May I have one cookies and cream please and um..." Youngmin paused and looked at you. "...what would you like?"

   "Also that," you said, a bit shocked at the fact that you and him share the same favorite flavor.

   "Okay then make that two please," he said and smiled at the lady. The lady blushed and nodded.

   "That would be fifteen thousand won, sir," the lady said cutely. Youngmin took out his wallet and paid the bill. After receiving your orders, you both went out.

 

   "Why couldn't we just eat inside? It's cool inside," you whined while taking the ice cream from Youngmin.

   "That's because we'll stroll around while eating this. Besides, it's also cold in here," Youngmin replied and smirked. "C'mon."

   "Aish... always doing what you want," you mumbled and trailed behind him.

 

   After a few minutes of walking, you passed by a shop for couples. You know, a shop that sells things for couples like couple shirts, couple rings, and all that. Youngmin opened the glass door and pushed you in. "Let's take a look," he said and entered too then went to the garbage to throw his ice cream cone. "Wow, look at this _______-(y)ah," he said as he handed you a mouse ears headband. "This fits you because you look like a mouse," he teased and laughed. You pouted and took the partner of the headband from the shelf and put it on him.

   "Compared to me, it fits you more because you certainly look like a mouse," you teased back and laughed.

   "No I don't," he argued and took it off. You just ignored him and looked around the shop until you spotted a cute couple shirt.

   "Yah, look at this," you said, beckoning him to come over.

   "What?" he asked with a hint of boredom in his voice.

   "Isn't it cute?" you asked as you showed him the shirt.

   "You want it?" Youngmin asked. Without waiting for your answer, he took the shirt and its partner and went to the cashier. "Ahjumma, how much will these cost?"

 

   "Forty thousand won," the old cashier lady answered.

   "Here," Youngmin said and handed to the cashier the money. After the lady packed the shirts in a paper bag, she handed it to Youngmin. "Just take it home and give the partner to Kwangmin tomorrow," he told you as he gave you the paper bag.

   "To K...Kwangmin-oppa?" you asked.

   "Mmm," Youngmin uttered, nodding. "Isn't he your boyfriend? Besides, that's a couple shirt so that's my gift for you and Kwangmin, I guess. You know uh... late first monthsary gift."

   "Uh... yeah um... thanks," you said and faked a smile. 'Duh! Of course I'll wear this with Kwangmin-oppa! Why am I even thinking that I will wear it with Youngmin? Tsk. I think I'm really sick...'

   "Let's get going," Youngmin said and walked ahead towards the door. You slowly trailed behind him.

 

   There was an awkward silence while you were walking. It was too awkward that you started to hate it so you decided to make a topic. "So uh... why did you enroll me in Accounting class when you clearly know that I um... keep failing in math and all that. That's why I hate it," you said and sighed. "Why didn't you just enroll me in Information Technology?"

   "Because I want to challenge you," Youngmin answered briefly.

   "Challenge? What do you mean?" you asked as you tilted your head to the side.

   "Well... being Kwangmin's girlfriend, you should prioritize your studies too, you know. Because in the future you will get married and have kids. I don't want my nieces or nephews to be dumb like you," Youngmin joked and chuckled.

   "Aish... well, I don't like to have a child that's so mean like you," you joked back and stuck your tongue out at him.

   "It's not like we're the ones getting married, _______. It's Kwangmin you're going to get married with, right?" Youngmin asked with a smirk. 'Why does it feel so hard to say these things?'

 

   "O...of course! Well you know... o...our ch...child might inherit a trait from you... co...considering you're go...going to b...be the um...uncle," you stammered and giggled shyly. Before Youngmin can reply, you saw a Pet Shop and ran towards it. "Youngminnie look at the puppy!" you said in excitement. Youngmin chuckled at your childishness and the way you called him. "It's wagging its tail! The puppy likes me."

   "He does, doesn't he?" Youngmin asked and smiled. 'Many adores you flunkie, if ever you didn't know.'

   "Waaa... so cute. Hello puppy, I'm _______. I wanna buy you but I can't since my mom is allergic to any sorts of fur. But even if you're not mine, I'll name you Pikaminnie," you said, talking to the puppy.

   "Pikaminnie? Why that? Change it 'coz it's ugly," Youngmin teased. 'She's so cute.'

   "It's not ugly at all. I think it's very cute," you replied and smiled.

   "I'll send you home now before it gets too late. I still have to meet with Jeongmin-hyung after," Youngmin said as he checked his wrist watch.

   "Oh, okay. Bye bye Pikaminnie," you said, waving at the puppy. "I'll see you soon."

 

   A few minutes later.

   "Ah, I remember that we have a test tomorrow for Math," Youngmin suddenly said and looked at you. "I want to challenge you."

   "A test? How come I don't know about it?" you asked in confusion.

   "Weren't you listening to Mr. Park when he announced it this morning?" Youngmin asked.

   "Uh... no. I was um... thinking of something," you said and shifted your gaze to the ground. "But wait..."

   "What?" Youngmin asked.

   "Why would he give us a test already? I mean, it would just be our second day this semester tomorrow, right?" you asked, puzzled.

   "Well, that's college flunkie, in case you didn't know," he teased and smirked.

   "Aish... so what challenge were you talking about?" you asked him.

  

   "I was thinking..." he paused and looked at you. "...if you get to have the highest score in the test tomorrow then I would buy you Pikaminnie as a um...you know, congratulatory gift," he added and smiled.

   "Really?" you asked, your eyes twinkling in delight. "But... what if I won't be able to do that?"

   "Then, you'll have to stop calling me 'Barbie' and start calling me 'oppa'," he answered. "Simple right?" he added.

   "Then... I'll add; if ever I do get to have the highest score then you have to tell me a secret," you said with a smile. "And that secret better be true."

   "Okay, okay," he said and chuckled. "Aside from calling me 'oppa' if you won't be able to get the highest score..." he paused and smirked. "...you're not allowed to talk, text, or hang out with Kwangmin for a week. That will teach you a lesson to study harder," he continued and patted your head. "So flunkie, do your best okay? Fighting!"

  

   'If I fail I won't be able to be with Kwangmin-oppa for a w...week? No! Aish...' you said in your mind and sighed. "Okay then. I accept the challenge," you told Youngmin who in return, smiled.

-

Please do comment on what you think about it (the more comments, the more I update :P) and (CLICK)Subscribe to Story :D 

Ppyong!~♥

 

PS: Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors. :) And don't forget to LOG IN to see the html tag effect of "YOU" :D