Chapter 1: Fateful encounter with "Flunk girl"

Twin Hearts

  Everyone was whispering behind you. You sighed. "And once again... I failed," you told yourself as you looked at the bulletin board. You spotted your name on the fiftieth ranking, the lowest in your batch.

   "Hey," your best friend, Yoon Mi, said and put her hand on your shoulder as a comfort. You just smiled weakly at her. "Look, don't feel bad. You did your best," she said, trying her best to comfort you.

   "But I guess my 'best' was not enough. Look at you, you're on rank ten," you replied and pointed at the bulletin board. You were proud of your best friend but you couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

   "Well, if you want we could study together after class," Yoon Mi suggested.

   "I'd love to but I can't. Mom and I are going to the cemetery after class to visit father's grave," you told her.

   "Oh... yeah. I'm so sorry," Yoon Mi said with a sad expression.

 

   You suddenly felt sad. You remembered the day when your father called you on your birthday, saying that he's on his way home. Finally, he's back after a long travel to Europe! You were so happy about your father's comeback that you practically jumped up and down on your bed. You ran out of your room to tell your mother the good news.

   "Omma, omma! Appa said he's coming home!" you blurted out as you ran to the kitchen to see your mom baking a cake for you.

[A/N: Omma ~ mother ; Appa ~ father]

   "Well, that's great! We can celebrate your birthday with your father huh?" your mother said with a smile.

   "Omma, you look so happy. It's for the first time in a long time that you smiled that big," you told your mom and hugged her.

   "Go and dress up so you'll look pretty when daddy gets home," your mother said. Being the obedient daughter you are, you quickly ran towards your room.

 

   Minutes later, your telephone rang. After hearing it ring for a couple of times, you figured that your mom was busy to answer the phone so you stood up and answered it. You cheerfully greeted the caller and smiled real big even if the caller couldn't really see you. Suddenly, your smile faded and you turned pale. Without hearing anymore of what the caller had to say, you dropped to your knees and cried. Hearing this, your mom rushed to your side and asked what was wrong.

   "Omma... appa... he's dead."

  

   You snapped out of your reverie when Yoon Mi called your name. "Eh?" you uttered, looking completely lost.

   "The school bell just rang. C'mon, let's go to class or we'll be late," Yoon Mi said. With that, you both headed to class.

   "I'll catch with you later in case I'm still gonna be here," you said before you went separate ways.

   "Eh?" you heard Yoon Mi say. You turned your head to her and smiled.

   "I mean, in case I didn't go home yet for the funeral," you explained. Yoon Mi just nodded in understanding.

 

   The time passed by slowly. It was frighteningly long. It bore you out to death. Just when you were about to fall asleep, the bell suddenly rang. It was time to go home. You smiled and quickly packed your things. You were about to go out of the room when your professor suddenly held your wrist. You turned to him and gave him a questioning look. "Here. Please give this to your mother," he said and handed a small box of chocolates. You sighed and nodded. This professor of yours has always liked your mother since their high school days. Your mother was probably his first love.

   You just smiled at the thought and quickly went out of the room. You were thinking of a lot of things that you didn't even notice that someone was in front of you. Then it happened. You bumped onto him and his coffee was spilled all over your uniform. Your eyes grew wide in horror and glared at the culprit.

 

   "Hey it isn't my fault you weren't watching where you were going," the guy said. He had a blonde hair and his eyes were perfectly big for his face. He smiled, showing his perfectly white teeth. It's like everything about him is perfect... except his attitude.

   "Excuse me!?" you asked.

   "Look, because of you I have nothing to drink now," he complained and sighed.

   "Eh!?!?!? Because of you, I'm soaked with coffee!" you shouted at him.

   "Yah, don't shout. You know that it's irritating when girls shout, right?" he said as he rolled his eyes.

   "And it's irritating when a guy like you acts so cool and thinks he's so handsome when he's not!" you snorted at him.

   "Excuse me!?" he asked in disbelief. No one has talked back like that to him before.

   "Now if you may excuse me, I have a very important thing to attend to," you said and pushed him out of your way.

 

   "A thing like you have an important thing to attend to?" he scoffed.

   "Hey, I'm not a thing. I'm a person, you little!~" you said and turned red from anger.

   "Little? You're calling me 'little'? Then, if I am already little in this height, what do you call yourself?" he asked and smirked.

   "Ugh! Rude guy!" you just shouted and stormed off.

 

   "Tch. Who does she think she is? Calling me little and ugly. She acts like she's superior. She dares to mess up with me, Jo Youngmin, the topnotcher of our batch? Aish...! If I feel bad, I lose," Youngmin said to himself and shook his head. He can't be defeated by someone like you. Not a single girl talked back like that to him.

 

   "Aish... that rude guy. Who does he think he is!?" you asked yourself as you furiously messed your hair up. "I shall seek revenge. Tch. He'll see what sort of girl he's messing with! UGH! I really hate him!" you added and furrowed your eyebrows. "But what revenge should I make?" Then all of a sudden, you just smirked evilly. "I know."

-

[A/N: First chapter! ^^ Hope it wasn't that boring -.- Please comment and subscribe :)]