Chapter 11: I'm a Barbie girl

Twin Hearts

   This is your last day in this university... or so you thought. As soon as you finished your last exam, you sighed heavily and packed your things. "This will be the last time I'll be here," you mumbled. Then, someone tapped you on the shoulder which startled you. "Oh, Yoon Mi... it's you," you said, still shocked.

   "Why would it be your last time in here?" she asked innocently.

   "Oh, that..." you paused and thought of an excuse. "I mean, last time for now. You know, 'coz we're going to have a four-week vacation, right?" you lied and you didn't feel good about it. 'I'm sorry... I don't want to worry you.'

   "Oh. Hahaha you silly dongsaeng," she said and ruffled your hair. "I'm going to miss you. I won't be seeing you during our vacation," she added and pouted.

   "Why?" you asked and tilted your head to the side. "Where are you going?"

   "Well, my father said he wanted to take me to France for my vacation," Yoon Mi replied with a smile.

   "Oh, cool. Well, take care and have f—"

   "Ms. Kim? Ms. Han wants to see you," a guard said, interrupting what you were about to say. You smiled at him in response then looked back at your best friend.

   "Well, I got to go. Bye unnie and have fun," you said and hugged her. '...for the last time.'

   "Bye. Have fun too," she said and ruffled your hair again. "Take care of Kwangmin-oppa, okay?" she asked and you nodded. With that, you ran to the registrar's office.

 

   "Geez... that woman badly wants to see me leave, doesn't she?" you asked yourself and frowned. "Exams just finished and she's already eager to make me leave this campus."

   "Good afternoon Ms. Kim," she greeted happily which made you raise an eyebrow at her.

   "You seem to be having a good day Ms. Han seeing that I'm about to leave," you said and smiled sarcastically.

   "Oh, dear what are you saying?" she asked.

   "Well, isn't this my last day in here? I mean, I'm going to leave," you told her. Because of that, she laughed. "Yah, what's so funny about that? Are you really that happy I'm leaving?"

   "Well, you see Ms. Kim... the situation's different now. You'll continue to study here," Ms. Han said and smiled. You suddenly turned pale.

   "Being able to study here... do you by chance mean that... Mr. Jang is behind this?" you asked. 'Please say no. Please say no.'

   "Mr. Jang? What does he have to do with this?" Ms. Han asked, puzzled. "Someone paid for your tuition fee so you don't need to worry. Have fun on your vacation," she added and smiled again.

  

 

 

   "Paid?" your mother asked as soon as you finished telling her what happened.

   "Yeah but I don't know who. Ms. Han doesn't want to tell me. She said that she's not allowed to," you replied and sighed. "I wonder who did that."

   "Maybe someone close to you?" your mother asked and smiled. "Maybe Kwangmin found out about this and did that? He's your boyfriend after all. He doesn't want you to leave, does he?"

   "Omma, you're right," you said and smiled. 'I did tell Kwangmin-oppa about that last night but I didn't expect him to do that for me. Oh, he's so sweet,' you said in your mind. "Omma, I'm leaving first." With that, you grabbed your jacket and ran somewhere.

 

   Ding dong! Ding dong!

   "Yes, who are you?" a petite maid asked as she looked up at you.

   "Um... annyeong haseyo ahjumma. I'm _______, Kwangmin-oppa's girlfriend," you said shyly. You weren't used to being called his girlfriend... yet.

   "Oh, come inside," the maid said and led you in the living room.

   "Wow..." you uttered. Kwangmin's house mansion's huge. "Ahjumma, are they the only ones who live here?"

   "Yes and us maids. Their parents are abroad, busy with their business. They seldom come home," the maid answered. "Agassi, please wait in here okay? I'll go and call Kwangmin-ssi," she added and you just nodded in response.

[A/N: ahjumma ~ older lady, auntie ; agassi ~ young miss ; ssi ~ Mr., Ms.]

 

   "Look who's here," a familiar voice said. You turned to him and glared.

   "Oh, Youngmin-unnie it's you," you teased and smiled.

   "Yah, I'm not an 'unnie'. You should call me 'oppa' you know," Youngmin, holding a glass of milk, said and sighed. 'After what I've done for you... you treat me like this.'

   "Ah! Youngmin I have a song for you," you said and smiled evilly.

   "I don't care. I don't want to hear it," he replied coolly.

   "Tsk. You're so killjoy," you said and pouted. "Just listen to it, okay?"

   "I don't want to," Youngmin said as he shook his head.

 

   "♫I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world~♫

♫Life in plastic, it's fantastic.♫

♫You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere~♫

♫Imagination, life is your creation.♫

♫C'mon Barbie, let's go party.♫

♫I'm a blond bimbo girl, in the fantasy world~♫

♫Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly.♫

♫You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pi—"

 

   "_______," Kwangmin said as he went downstairs, interrupting your singing. "What brought you here?" he asked, smiling sweetly at you and kissed your forehead.

   'Tsk. Acting all lovey dovey,' Youngmin said in his mind. 'Ugh. What's happening to me? Am I really that—'

   "Oppa, I came here to thank you," you said and hugged Kwangmin on his waist. "Thank you so much for doing that for me."

   "What do you mean?" Kwangmin asked in confusion.

   "Eyy... stop acting innocent. I know you were the one who did that," you teased and smiled at him.

   "Did what?" Kwangmin asked, completely clueless to what you were telling him.

   "Paid for my tuition fee," you answered. Youngmin almost choked on his milk after hearing that. That didn't go unnoticed to you. "What's wrong with you?" you asked, a hint of concern in your tone.

   "Ah... ah, nothing. I... I'll go to the kitchen," Youngmin said and trotted towards the kitchen like a robot.

 

   "What are you talking about, _______?" Kwangmin asked. You looked back at him and sighed.

   "Oppa, weren't you the one I..." you paused. "...nothing. Never mind what I said," you continued and smiled.

   "Arasso. Come, I made cookies earlier. Do you want to taste them?" Kwangmin asked as he held your hand.

   "You did? Okay, I'll taste them," you said in excitement. "I didn't know you could bake," you teased.

   "Yah, what do you mean by that?" Kwangmin asked and pouted.

   "Nothing," you said and giggled before you kissed Kwangmin on the cheeks. "C'mon, I want to taste the cookies," you said as you tugged on his sleeves.

   "O...okay," Kwangmin said, blushing.

 

   Meanwhile, Youngmin stood frozen in the kitchen while holding his glass of milk. "She thinks Kwangmin was the one who paid for her tuition fee? Tsk. Until now she hasn't found out that the one she called was me. That little ungrateful kid," Youngmin mumbled to himself as he shook his head. "Well, at least I'm safe. She might find it weird if she finds out that I was the one who did that. After all, she thinks I want her to leave. That would be really weird."

-

A/N: Annyeong haseyo _______! :D Thanks for taking time to read this boring and corny fanfic of mine =)) Please do comment on what you think about it and Subscribe to Story :D 

Ppyong!~♥

 

PS: Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors. :) And don't forget to LOG IN to see the html tag effect of "YOU" :D