Prank Disaster

The Worst in Goodbyes

Auntie’s cooking is the best, next to my mom of course. I had m third serving of, seem t be, everything. Everyone was having a good time. Auntie and Donghwa were chattering with each other as they eat, occasionally stopping to laugh. Mom and Dad were eating merrily as if they were the only on eating on that table. This too, I think, was the source of Auntie and Donghwa’s giggles and mines.

Leeteuk, Sungmin and Eunhyuk were eating their hearts out of the seafood served to them. Mokpo’s sea food is the best, according to Eunhyuk, even giving two thumbs up. They happily eat their food on one of the picnic blankets. Everyone laughed when Leeteuk dug a hole on the sand to have it as a bottle holder for his soda drink. I think Donghae chucked out some food he’s eating when he saw that.

Dongahe and I sat on a separate blanket. It was even sweet of him to get food for me. He’s really my BEST friends. You just can’t help smiling to that.

It was time to cut the cake. Everyonw stood up and sand “Happy Birthday’. Leeteuk and Donghae even sang a remix version, while Sungmin and Eunhyuk danced on the background,

Auntie clasp her hands together, bowed down, wished and blew the candles. Everyone clapped and wished Auntie for good health. Donghwa-oppa and Donghae each gave Auntie a kiss and a hug. I was happy for them, everyone is.

“Happy Birthday, Mom,” Donghae said, hugging his mother. Donghwa-oppa was right beside them, looking at them with smile on his face.

“Thank you, both of you,” Auntie said, looking from Donghae to Donghwa, “and all of you, of course. Thank you for arranging this party and going through a lot, even coming all the way from Seoul to here,” she said looking at the rest of us. Mom and Dad gave Auntie a hug, so did I. the three Super Junior members did hug Auntie too. Auntie was both teary-eyes and smiling.

 

Donghae and o were sitting on a picnic blanket, legs stretched and facing the sea, while holding a can of soda. We were a bit distant from the “older people”, while the three SuJu were at the water. We were talking about Donghae’s previous schedules. It was fun hearing his stories and also relieved that he was doing great in Seoul.

“Soojin, thank you,” Donghae told me.

“You’re welcome.”

“I’ll definitely repay you for everything. If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask, okay?”

“Yes.”

“Are you tires?” he suddenly asked while looking at me with suspicious eyes.

“What?” I was confused he asked that. “No,” was my answer. “Why’d you think that?”

“You have fewer words today…”

“I just argued with you over the phone a while ago…”

“Then…after I got here.”

Donghae, really, you think too much.

I smirked and shook my head. I took a sip on my soda can. After that, Sungmin appeared in front of me. I was startled. I spilled some soda on my shirt.

“Oh…sorry about that,” he apologized, and then pulled me to stand. “Let’s go.”

He ran and I run after him, our hands intertwined. I looked back to see Donghae’s stunned face. Sungmin suddenly halted and now were closer to the sea.

“Hyung! She’s here,” Sungmins shouted.

“Get her in,” Leeteuk shouted back.

Eunhyuka nd Leeteuk were on the water, about waist-high. There was something not so amusing about their smiles. Sungmin suddenly lifted me up and walked me to the water.

Wow. He’s…strong.

“Hey, what are you doing?” I asked him as I tried to get away from his grip.

“Sorry…orders,” was his only reply, fighting my escape.

As the water gets higher from his feet to his knees, I heard Donghae’s voice.

“Yah! Sungmin hyung! Get her back!” Donghae yelled on the top f his voice, running very fast towards us.

I swear I saw Sungmin smiled wider. And I kind of…liked it. It was…too cute.

“Hyung, put her down,” Hae then said calmly when he reached us.

“Ah, really! You’ve been sitting there with Soojin for the longest time. This is the only thing we thought of to make you come here.”

SUngmin looked at me. “Can I put you down here?”

I nodded and he put me down on my feet very gently. Wow, gentleman moves. Nice.

“You promised to play with us,” Sungmin added, looking at Donghae, suddenly pouting.

He. Is. So. Cute.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk was coming closer.

“That’s right, Fish!” Eunhyuk said, probably hearing our conversation. “And Soojin can play with us, right?” he said looking from Donghae to me.

I didn’t know what to say. The four of them are looking at me now.]

“I’ll…pass.”

“Come on,” Leeteuk said while splashing water at me.

I was wet all over. The three joined in. All I did was closed my eyes and waited for them to sop. They were laughing really hard. I got provoked and the next thing I knew, I was splashing water too. And Donghae was the next target.

 

I was drying myself when I saw the four guys sitting on the shoreline. I put down the towel on an empty hair and took an empty pitcher.

Mom saw me and asked, “What are you going to do with that, dear?”

I put a finger over my mouth and winked at her.

It’s payback time.

I put water in ice on the pitcher and slowly walked to the direction of the guys. Good thing they were facing the sea, so they didn’t feel my stealthy move. As I move lose, I heard Donghae spoke. I assumed he was talking about…me.

“…never saw her like this. She’s always very…well…prim and proper.”

Prim. And. Proper. What?

“She’s book-reading, poem-writing, and theater-loving kind of girl.”

Seriously? I know how to have fun too, Donghae

“Really? She’s more of like …a tomboy if you ask me,” Leeteuk said, laughing.

Oh, you’re so dead.

I dumped the contents of the pitcher on Leeteuk. I ran as fast as I can away from them. “You come back here!” I heard him shouted. Leeteuk ran after me.

When I thought I can’t run no more, I slowed down, faced him and smiled. I hold out my hands in front of me. He got my hands and he was smiling at me, his dimples showing.

“Okay, sorry. I’m sorry,” I said, laughing.

He dragged me back to where the other three were sitting. Sungmin and Eunhyuk were smiling at us while Donghae stood up.

“Are you okay?” he asked me.

“I’m fine,” I said over heavy breathing.

Leeteuk let go of me. And I run again, but in the other direction.

Leeteuk again run after me but I was ahead of him with great distance. Until, I stepped on something. It was a piece of glass. It was green in color so I assumed it was from a soju bottle. I tripped and landed on my bottom. I finally sat down. My foot was bleeding really badly. I saw Leeteuk laughing his off on the snad, his hand on his stomach. So did Eunhyuk and Sungmin. Donghae was smiling but walking slowly towards me, his hands on his hips.

“Donghae…” I shouted. Pain was surging in. the pain shows in my stern face.

His smile faded.

“Donghae! Come quick!”

He run towards me on top speed.

Afraid he’’ end up bleeding to, I reached for the shard of glass and threw it as hard as I can away from the sand to the rocky part of the area. It landed over the spaces of big rocks.

“Soojin, you’re…” he said, looking at my feet. He didn’t continue what he’s saying. He quickly pick me up and run towards our parents direction. I hugged him really hard. The wound sting because of salt water and sand.

“It hurts,” I said while flinching in pain.

“Don’t worry, I’ll heal it.”

Donghae run faster and gripped harder. Adrenalin at work.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! So this is the chapter that I wrote over Christmas. I hope you like it.

I'm really happy, I can finally drive. Yipee!

It may take a while for me to update, because I'm out of ideas. Writers block?

Comment is not forbidden. Hope to hear from you guys on what you think about this story. Thanks.

~Crina