Return to the Big Sea

The Worst in Goodbyes

I wake lazily in my bed, too tired to move. The trip yesterday drained my strength from too much laughter and singing. The vivid memory of yesterday peeked-in in my dream last night and I continue to recall it now.

OH! I promised to see them off today!

My foot hurt much less now. It won’t get a lot painful when I step on the floor. I get off the bed and went straight to the bathroom to get ready. I wore a yellow blouse and white shorts. I don’t know what gotten into me but, yes, I wore yellow today.

The boys promised to pass to our house before heading to the main road. Of ll honesty, I’m ging to miss them, especially Donghae. My fish is going to the big sea again.

I went down stairs and saw my Mom preparing breakfast on the table.

“You’re up,” Mom greeted.

I said, “Morning, Mom” with a smile.

“Can you call Dad outside, please? We’ll start breakfast soon.”

“Okay.”

I headed to the front door, opened it and went outside. Dad was watering plants near the bench.

“Dad, breakfast,” I called.

“I’ll be there,” Dad replied, putting down the hose.

As Dad approached, a minivan parked in front of our gate. Four shining faces greeted me with their smiles.

“I’ll be inside in a minute,” I told Dad as he opened the door. He saw the minivan and replied me with his sweet smile.

“Take your time,” he simply said.

I made my way to our gate with forceful steps, restraining my injured foot to firmly press into the ground. With much difficulty, I finally am on the white gates, meeting the four shining members of Super Junior.

“Too bad it’s for a shot time huh?” Sungmin said from the opened backseat window, showing his sweet smile.

“Next time, stay a bit longer and DRAG other members along,” I said, looking at everyone’s faces.

“Of course. The more the merrier,” Eunhyuk said, sitting behind the stirring wheel.

“I don’t know about that. With SuJu, it’s the more the crazier or the more the nosier!” Leeteuk told me, sitting beside Sungmin.

“Soojin-ah,” Donghae cut in, “How’s your foot?”

“Oh, better now. I’ll take the bandage off tomorrow or tonight,” I informed.

“Sorry you light wore off a bit.”

I smiled. He followed, his eyes showing his glee.

“HUH?” the other guys chorused, eyeing m.

“You…don’t have to know about that,” I simply said.

Donghae and I laughed at the other three’s confused faces/

“Intriguing….Anyway, were heading off now,” Eunhyuk butted in. “We’ll come and visit again.”

“OR…Soojin should come and visit us in Seoul,” Sungmin suggested, eyes widening along.

My eyes widened too at the splendid idea. I LIKE THAT IDEA. It’s been so long since I went to Seoul.

Donghae seems to like the idea too. He is staring at me with a “Please say yes!” channeling from his gaze.

“I’ll try,” was my only reply.

“You better! Out comeback stage is VERY SOON,” Leeteuk said, squeezing his face between Sungmin and the windowpane of the minivan. “Few more months and we’ll launch out third album. You should come and see us perform…LIVE!” Leeteuk informed excitedly.

“You’ll see how cool we are on stage,” Sungmin added.

“You guys are cool even off stage.”

They smile at my compliment, shyly looking at different directions.

“Well…” I started. The four guys again looked at me and waited for my reply in suspense. “…how can I say no to ‘Super Junior’?” I added, saying their group name with my hand outstretched towards them.

“YES!” they all screamed. Eunhyuk honked the minivan twice in excitement. Sungmin and Leeteuk was high-five-ing in satisfaction. Donghae opened the car door, came out and hugged me. Too much of a reaction you got there, Hae. Well, they ALL are giving too much reaction to my agreement. WHAT’S UP WITH THIS?

“Okay, since she agreed, should we give her a spoiler?” Leeteuk asked, meeting the gazes of s. The other three smiled and nodded in agreement.

“One…two…three…and…”

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry…,” they whispered in a one tone voice.

I…umm…just blinked.

THAT’S IT?

“That’s…it?” I asked, dumbstruck.

“We don’t want to spoil you too much. Yesterday was enough,” Donghae said, messing with my hair.

I pushed him and he smile.

“Not fair,” I pouted.

“We’ll inform you if it’s our time to shine again,” Sungmin said.

“Hmmm, by that spoiling spoiler, I can’t tell if it’s going to be a hit. But one way or another, you guys ALWAYS make great hits. This time make it from Asia-wide to WORLD-WIDE, okay,” I said with a smile.

“Don’t worry; we’ll do REALLY well this time. Trust in oppa, okay?” Leeteuk said, followed by a wink.

“Hyung, that’s so…disgusting.” Sungmin pushed Leeteuk making him lie down on the seat. Leeteuk laughed and smacked Sungmin’s head lightly. Eunhyuk was laughing too much his gums show. Donghae stay smiled and slung his arm on my shoulder.

After restraining himself from laughing, Eunhyuk finally managed to say after a huff, “We better get going. It’s a long ride.”

“Can I drive?” Leeteuk pleaded, clasping his hands together and looking at Eunhyuk.

“NO!” everyone yelled.

“Just until the end of this road!”

“We’re not taking our chances, hyung. We want to live longer. Or if we live, we don’t want to be arrested on the streets because you caused public nuisance,” Sungmin said severely.

“Why can’t he drive?” I whispered to Donghae.

“’Cause he CAN’T drive,” he whispered back.

Sungmin looked at me and waved his hands. “Goodbye, Soojin-sshi. See you in Seoul.” He’s so cute, like a rabbit. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk did the same and bid me goodbye.

“Tell Uncle and Auntie to take care. You, too. I’ll call as soon as we arrive in Seoul.” Donghae patted me on the shoulder and gave me his lovely smile. “Goodbye.”

He rode the vehicle and fastens his seatbelt. Eunhyuk released the clutch slowly and the minivan started to move. As soon as the vehicle is inching away from me, I felt depressed. My best friend and my new friends will be miles away from here at the end of the day. I won’t see them again until I turn on the TV and coincidentally their faces will be broadcasted on screen. I’ll miss their smiles and laughter and their awkwardness. I’ll miss Fishy.

As the minivan moved away, I saw four hands waving on the sides of the minivan. I waved back and smile widely. A single face popped out of the window, showing his beautiful smile at me.

“I’LL MISS YOU SOOJIN!” Donghae called as he waves his hands in the air.

I stepped into the deserted street and continued to wave my arms.

“I’ll miss you too…”  

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

~Crina