Party with Uninvited Guests

The Worst in Goodbyes

As soon as I received Donghae’s call, I immediately told mom about it. The next day, she helped me buy all the stuff we need for the party. Also that day, we prepared the dishes we needed for tomorrow. Mom called Donghae’s mom and told her we’ll pick her up tomorrow morning. They must be excited because I heard then laughing over the phone.

I heard mom said, “We’ll definitely have fun tomorrow.”

Then silence came after.

Oh no. what are they talking about?

“Don’t stress yourself too much, okay,” Mom said in her calmest, softest voice. “Besides, Donghae will be there tomorrow.”

A few minutes later, they ended the call. Mom went back to the kitchen.

“What was that?” I asked as she approached.

“What was what?” she asked too.

“The silence-in-the-air conversation and the ‘Don’t stress yourself too much’?”

Mom looked at me, getting a little worried. When she gets silent like this, I can’t pull myself together. I have to know.

“Mom?”

“She missed her husband.”

Of course.

 

The next morning, Mom and I prepared everything. Dad helped us load everything in the car. After that, he was breathing heavily. Mom and I laughed at him with amusement.

“All set?” Dad asked while closing the trunk.

“Yup.” I said, holding my white hat.

It was a sunny day and the wind was blowing perfectly. Before heading to Donghae’s house, we stop by a bakeshop to buy a blue cake. It was gorgeous with white flowers perfectly placed on the center and edge of the cake.

On our way to Donghae’s house, my phone suddenly rang. I answered it. It was Donghae.

“I’m on my was, I’ll meet you on the beach.”

“Donghae…” I started, but he hang up.

What’s with him? I asked myself, looking at my phone.

“What did Donghae said?” Dad asked, looking at me in the rear view mirror.

“He said he’ll meet us at the beach.”

 

Auntie was all set. She’s holding a beach bag and two bags of packed lunch. Everything was enormous. I went out of the car and helped Auntie with her things.

“I made loads,” she said smiling while showing me the big bags

“You sure did, Auntie,” I replied, also smiling.

Mom got out of the passenger seat. She told me, “You sit here,” pointing to the seat next to Dad. “I’ll sit with Auntie, okay.” Hmm, they really are bestfriends.

“Where’s Donghwa,” Dad asked.

“He’ll follow us there. He said he’ll finish up urgent work and go there.” Mom and Auntie sat at the back seat. I sat on the passenger seat. Soon as I placed my seatbelt on, dad made his way to the beach.

 

We were near the sea, about another 15 minutes more when my phone rang again. It was Donghae.

“Hey, where are you now?” I asked.

“I just arrive in Mokpo. But I’ll just stop by the market to buy some things,” he said. He sounded like in hurry.

“What? We bought all we need.”

“I will be there in no time,” he said, assuring me.

Getting annoyed, I asked, “What are you buying anyway?”

“Soojin, will you relax? The market is near the beach. I’m even in a hurry. So I suggest that you just calm down and wait like a good girl that you are.”

Sarcastic and annoying Donghae is really annoying!

He added, “I have to go to the market because we might run out of food.”

“We won’t run out of food…”

“ANNYONGHASEYO!” was the next thing I heard. It was really loud that I have to move away the phone from my ear.

“Ah…eh…annyonghaseyo. Who is this?”

“Just wait,” the voice said.

Funny. I think I know that voice. Sounds familiar.

Donghae spoke again. “They drag themselves along. I can’t do anything about it.”

“You’re bringing along a guest?”

“Guestsss.”

“Guests?”

“Well…yeah, and someone to help us with cleaning up,” he laughed. “See you late.”

“Hae, who….” He hanged up.

We have guests.

“What is it, dear?” Mom asked.

I repeated what was on my head. “We have guests.”

 

We arrived at the beach. There were a few people around, taking picnic with their family. Some couples were also seen around, the guys holding umbrellas for their girlfriends. This is such a nice day.

Mom and Dad were struggling to put up the big beach umbrella. Auntie and I laughed when they amusingly argued and hit each other because they both want to do it in different way. Good thing Donghwa-oppa came and helped Dad set up. After finishing, he gave his mother a hug and gave a present to her. She kissed her son on both his cheeks. Mom then helped us prepare the tables and chairs, picnic mats and the food. Auntie was very delighted when she saw the cake. She instantly hugged me as I finished setting it on the table.

“Thank you, Soojin,” she said, hugging me still.

“You’re welcome, Auntie. And happy birthday,” I replied.

Donghwa spoke. “Where’s Donghae?”

“He said he’ll be here later,” his mom said. “He said some friends came along. Right, Soojin?”

“Neh, Auntie.”

“Could it be…Super Junior members?” Donghwa guessed.

OF COURSE. I’m such an idiot. I didn’t think of that when Donghae called.

Wow. Super. Junior. They will be here.

Just as we were waiting, a minivan up on the road stopped. A gut with brown-blonde hair came out of the passenger seat.

“They’re here,” I said. Everyone looked to the direction I’m looking at.

Another guy went out of the backseat. Another one also went out. And another one walked to Donghae’s side, he must be the one who drove the van.

“Son! Over here!” Auntie shouted, waving her hands.

“Mom!” Donghae also shouted. He, too, waved his right hand, while his other was holding a bag of snacks and food and a white flower bouquet.

The four of them descended to our spot. Coming closer, I instantly recognize the other three.

“MOM! Happy Birthday!” Donghae said, putting down the bags he’s holding and hugged his mother. He offer the bouquet and Auntie kissed him on his both cheeks.

“ANNYONGHASEYO,” said the three guests. “WE ARE SUPER JUNI-OR,” the four of them said, holding out their hands and showing their famous hand pose.

All of us giggled which tuned into laugher.

“Ah, I have to introduce you guys to my family. This is my mom, the celebrant. You know her, of course,” Donghae said, still hugging his mother. “That’s Donghwa. These are my Uncle and Auntie, they are family friends,” Donghae introduced them, pointing as he goes.

He let go of his mom and walked towards where I was standing. He put his arm on my shoulder and said, “And this is their daughter, Soojin, my friend.”

“So you are the famous Soojin,” said one of the guests. His deep, cute dimples show as he smiled.

I looked at Donghae. He look back with a “Sorry” face. I can’t believe he tells stories about me.

“Everyone,” Donghae spoke. “These are my very handsome friends and hyungs: Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Leeteuk.”

The three bowed and gave their hellos.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a very LONG update. ;p

Sorry for typos.

Hope you liked it.

~Crina