Excited Much?

The Worst in Goodbyes

Finishing school work was like a breath of fresh air in spring time. Finally, the exams are finally over. Now, it’s time to plan my Seoul getaway! I anticipated the day I will come to Seoul’s soil and feel the city’s rush.

On the night before my departure, Mom helped me pack up things that I might need in my one week stay in Seoul. I filled my beige suitcase of shirts, pants, shorts and other garments to last for a week. Two days ago, I told my professor that I might not be around for a week. He instantly agreed to my plea, because school is almost over and only the computation of grades comes after. So, who needs to be in school when there are no classes?

As I excitedly filled my greenish backpack with electronic stuff, I saw Mom quietly and slowly folding my clothes in her lap. She sat solemnly on my bed.

I turned all my attention to her. “Mom, are you okay?”

She raised her head and looked me in the eye. “Are you sure you’ll be fine in Seoul? It’s a big city, you know.” She lowered her head again and continued to fold my clothes.

“Mom, I thought you are okay with me going to Seoul?” I slowly approached, sitting on the floor, holding her hand. “I’m going to be fine. I’ll call when I arrive, and I’ll arrive there safely. I promise.” I caressed her hands.

“Besides, I have a tour guide, thirteen of them in fact.”

Mom finally smiled. She touched my face, caressing it with her thumb. “Just be careful. And if, JUST if any problem occurs, call me immediately.”

“I will,” I said, giving her a reassuring smile. She smiled back.

“Just remember to tell Donghae that I will smack him to unconsciousness if you get hurt.”

We both giggled. “I will.”

 

The morning air was very calming. Dad, Mom and I waited patiently for the train to arrive at the station. Dad was wearing his lucky jacket, as he says it is. Mom was holding my hand tightly while my other hand was clutching my train ticket. We seated in a bench not too far away from the railway.

Dad stared blankly at the railway. He would constantly release huge breaths and stare at some other spot on the track. Mom continued to hold my hands, getting tighter by the minute. With all honesty, it’s hard to live far away from this two adorable and loving people. I grew up beside them, learned to love life because of them, cared by them. But one way or another, there will be a time that I will be separated from my parents. But then again, I think it will be harder by then, because they make such a huge fuzz of my ONE WEEK vacation in Seoul, ALONE.

A few minutes later, the most dreadful sound to Mom is nearing: the sound of the train coming. It halted very slowly in front of us. I, too, slowly stood up, picking my suitcase and bag on the floor. Dad took the suitcase from my hand and threw me a hug with his free hand. Mom, holding back tears, gave me a huge hug that I can’t breathe into because of so much tightness.

“Mom, you can let go now.” I kissed her cheek as she let go of her embrace. “I’ll call immediately when I arrive.”

“Do call us when you’re in the hospital too.” Dad patted my back and handed me my suitcase. “Don’t get too stressed there. Don’t get to excited either. I know Donghae will take care of you but…we can’t really tell.”  

“I will,” I said with assurance.

I walked towards the entrance of the train. As I was one more step to the entrance, I slowly turned around to see my Dad’s firm face and Mom’s teary ones. They waved goodbye, so did I. I walked inside the train and looked for my seat. I settled my bags on the compartment above my head and sat on my designated seat. Looking outside the window, Mom still stared at me, holding back her tears. Obvious deep breaths were also released as she walked away from the train. Dad gave me a last smile as they went to the exit of the train station.

I’m going to miss them.

I sat on my seat, trying to get comfortable. Minutes later, the engine roared and slowly, the train moved forward. One week without Mokpo, one week with Seoul. I may think it’s silly but I think I’m getting guilty. I released a sigh and stared outside. I’m coming Donghae.

Donghae. I should call him.

I looked for my phone on my backpack. I dialed his number, placed the phone to my ear and waited for a response.

“Hello?” A sleepy voice answered the phone.

“Donghae? Were you sleeping? Sorry to woke you up.” I smirked in embarrassment.

“Donghae went to the bathroom.” A pause came after before another word. “Oh, Soojin. I just read the caller ID. This is Eunhyuk.”

“EH?” I blushed in embarrassment. “I’m sorry, I woke you up. I’ll call again later…”

“No, actually it’s okay. I have to wake up anyway, I have a schedule later.” A rustling sound of sheets was heard over the other side. “I’ll hand the phone to Donghae. Wait there, okay?”

“Okay.” Dragging footsteps were heard before the sound of a door opening. Few more seconds and Eunhyuk knocked on a door.

“Donghae, you have a call,” Eunhyuk moan.

A door opened and the sound of Donghae’s voice was heard on the phone. “Who is it?”

“Soojin,” Eunhyuk moaned again. Though it was very quiet, Eunhyuk’s voice still sounded sleepy.

“Oh, Soojin-ah. Why did you call?” he asked.

“Are you busy this afternoon?” I asked, getting a bit uneasy.

“I don’t think so. I don’t have a schedule until tonight. Why?”

“I’m on the train. I’m coming to Seoul.”

Silence came between us; only the sound of the train trails on our conversation. I was so nervous on what his reply going to be. Neither a squeak nor a breath was heard over to his side. What’s going on Hae?

“Donghae,” I asked getting uneasy. “Yah! Donghae!” I’m getting worried now, panicking of what mystery is going on his side.

Then, a loud shout of hoots and laughter burst from my speaker that made me flinch in terror. I held the phone far away from my aching ear. What is going on?

“Are you really coming?” he said, laughs escaped from his words. “You’re on the train? Really?”

“Yes, really.” I answered in bewilderment. I continued to be confused from his action then asked, “Where did you go? It was silent a while ago.”

“Oh, that.” Fits of laughter came before another word. “I ran to the rooftop. I’m just really happy that you’re coming.”

Ran. To. The. Rooftop?

Why?

“Why?” I asked out loud.

“Well, I can’t really scream inside the dorm, can I? The other members will beat me to unconsciousness.” He laughed again.

Does he really have to scream in excitement? We saw each other months ago, didn’t we? Donghae, you’re getting weirder by the minute.

“I’m just happy that you’re coming. It’s not every day that my best friend can come and see me perform. I love you for coming.”

“Isn’t that too much? You’re exaggerating things, Fishy.” Though I said that, my heart is jumping out of my chest. My face is red hot and hurting from smiling to wide. My hands are sweating. My feet are getting weak.

It’s not every day that my best friend says he loves me, for what every reason it may be. Plus, he’s a Super Junior. Oh God, you blessed me with the greatest friend ever. Thank you!

“What time will you be here?” he asked, cutting my train of thought.

“I’ll…text you. But I think I’ll head on to the hotel. You’re performance will…”

“I’ll meet you on the train station. I’ll come and pick you up.” His voice was firm. His laughs were gone, meaning his every word.

“WHAT!” I exclaimed. I swear the woman sitting on the seat next to me threw me an annoyed look. I quickly bowed in embarrassment.

“You don’t have to,” I added, lowering my voice. “You’ll be trampled to death my fan girls. I can take care of myself.”   

“Trust me. You have no idea how a cap, a shirt and ripped jeans can do on me. They’ll barely recognize me.” A cap, a shirt and ripped jeans? I can recognize you fifty meters away, and I can’t even see your face. But anyway, I’ve known you all my life.

“Then…be careful. I’ll call you as soon as I got off the train.”

“Can another member come?” he asked.

“Are you seriously getting the situation worse?” Donghae schemes are getting annoying. Anyhow, I liked the idea. Super Junior picking me up on the train station, that’s…wow!

“I promise fan girls will never get us. I’ll wear a mask if I have to. What mask should I wear? Siwon’s face?” he asked, laughing at his own words.

“Funny. Not.” I smirked in irritation. “Don’t blame me if you perform on stage with scratches on your face. Just be careful. I’m serious."

“Fine. I’ll be careful. I’ll have a body guard.”

“A body guard?” I asked, confused.

“You’ll see.”

He turned off his phone, ending the conversation. What schemes are you making up now, Fish? 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

I may not update for a little while. Projects are piling up. But i'll try to write when i have the time.

Thanks again to all my readers.

~Crina

PS. The story is getting longer than I epect it to be. I'm having a hard time patching up chapters in my original storyline. Haha. If you guys want to help me with the next chapter, feel free to post on my wall bits of scenes you want to read on the next chapter. As soon as someone posts, I'll immediately start writing. Thanks.