Finally....

The Worst in Goodbyes

My eyes are playing with me…right? She’s…here. This is…real.

I stood still at the same spot, trying to believe that this moment really is happening. Soojin is in front of me. Oh my gosh, Donghae! Snap out of it and hug her already! Quite the crap and hug her! I thought to myself. Geez, she’s so beautiful. She may not have her long black hair, but still, her soulder length hair made her perfect. Her eyes are still as bright as the stars in the sky. Her smiles still brightens a room. My Soojin is here…for me.

“Donghae…” she called me.

My feet are stuck to the floor, my muscles refuse to move. I wanted to talk but I was lost for words. What the hell should I do?!

Then, she walked towards me, slowly and gently.

I walked towards him, amused at his stunned reaction. Slowly I made my way to him, showing my brightest smile. Silly Donghae, it’s really me! I thought.

“Donghae…I came home. Are you okay?” I asked, still amused at this adorable fool in front of me.

I pressed his right cheek with my pointing finger and said, “Hey, I’m real! Aren’t you going to hug me?”

But he was still stunned.

YES! Yes, I want to hug you! Stupid body, MOVE!

“If you don’t want to hug her,” Leeteuk-hyung said, “then I’ll take that hug.” He hugged Soojin and said, “Welcome home,” with a smile on his face. Leeteuk-hyung broke the hug and smile to Soojin. “He, sometimes,” he said, pointing to me, “malfunctions.”

“I know,” Soojin laughed. Leeteuk-hyung followed.

“Soojin-ah!” yelled the annoying rabbit, hugging Soojin and jumping like an endorphin-overdosed bunny. Soojin was jumping along, round and round, while laughing at amusement.

Then one-by-one, the members gave her a welcome hug.

“Where’s my gift from Australia?” Eunhyuk asked. Urgh! I have the urge to smack Eunhyuk’s head.

“I’ll give it to you tomorrow,” Soojin answered.

“Why?” asked frustrated Eunhyuk.

“I left it at the hotel…”

Eunhyuk pouted. “You should have brought it with you.”

Soojin ignore him and looked at me again.

“Seriously, Donghae, if you don’t move after I count to three, I’ll go back to Mokpo, and never see you again,” Soojin threatened.

A smirk on her face followed after. “One…”

My body quickly gave in. I felt like I don’t need to wait for ‘three’ anymore. I want her now.

He quickly rushed over to me and gave me the tightest hug, crushing the bouquet between us. I can hear him saying “Soojin…” between sobs. I can’t help myself but cry too. Both of us, and some members, were crying along with us. Donghae wouldn’t let go, he kept his arms around me and cried his heart out.

“Don’t cry. Just stop…” I told him, but I myself can’t bring myself to stop my tearing up.

“Soojin…I miss you so much…” he said, my hair.

“You are seriously a cry baby…”

“I don’t care…”

“Yah! Stop now!” I heard Leeteuk-oppa ordered us. “Stop now before this waiting room is flooded from tears,” he joked. I lokked at him, and he too was tearing up.

Donghae finally let go. He stared at my face; I gave him a smile. I wiped the tears in his cheeks and he finally smiled; I finally saw his wonderful smile. I gave the crushed bouquet to him.

“This is for you. We…sort of…crushed it…”

He smiled. “It’s okay. Thank you…”

I took the bouquet from her. All of a sudden, she said…

“Oh my god!” she said shocked.

“What? Is anything wrong?” I asked, worried.

“You have…muscles? How on earth…?”

But everyone erupted into laughter. Soojin laughed along too.

“This is our concept,” Donghae simply said between laughs.

“You’re concept is to look like Siwon?” I joked.

“Oh my god, I need to go out now,” Shindong said, all of a sudden.

I looked confused. “Why?”

“I have a different concept…” he jokingly said, laughing along. But I love funny, sensitive Shindong, no matter what he looks like.

“Soojin,” Eunhyuk called me. He and Sungmin are flexing their arms. “We looked better than that Fish,” they said cheekily.

Donghae rushed to them and smacked their arms. “I’m better than you!” he said.

“Soojin, I just want to warn you that Donghae’s dating someone,” Heechul-oppa warned.

I eyed Donghae and pouted. “Is that true?” I jeered.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Donghae said, surprised.

“We are dating…” Heechul-oppa said with a straight face.

I don’t know whether to laugh or to believe him. What on earth is he talking about?

“Are you crazy?” Donghae withheld. Everyone in the room was laughing except for me, Donghae and Heechul-oppa.

“Don’t you remember? You were drunk one night, and then you started to kiss me…”

“What!” Donghae and I both shouted.

“Donghae and I are dating,” Heechul-oppa assured again.

“Are you serious?” I asked him.

“I’m dead serious,” he said.

“Ah- HYUNG! Stop this nonsense,” Donghae told him. Donghae looked at me, walk towards me and said, “Who would you believe? Him or me?”

I smiled. This look on Donghae’s face is priceless! I had a glimpse of Leeteuk-oppa mouthing “It’s a joke…” Finally, I followed along their gag. “I don’t know…Heechul-opaa looks quite convincing to me.”

“Yah! I’m your boyfriend” he said.

“And you cheated!” I said back.

“Ah, seriously…” he said, looking away, heading to the corner of the room. I quickly followed and gave him a hug.

“You are so easy to fool…you fool,” I joked.

He was silent for a while, savoring my hug. “I still can’t believe you’re finally here.”

“And I’ll stay by your side…”

 “Who’s ready to celebrate? Super Junior’s comeback stage plus winning number one plus Soojin’s welcome party!” Leetuek-oppa shouted like he was emceeing an event.

“WE DO!” everyone shouted.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

Dear Readers,

Unfortunately, Donghae and Soojin’s story has come to an end…for now.

Thank you for reading and supporting my first story. I myself could not believe that this story will expand to a 35 chapter story. But writing it was fun. I originally wanted to write the story in Soojin’s POV only, but getting into Donghae’s head was fun too.

So after 35 chapters, a three month hiatus, and a whole lot of brain-wrecking thinking, let’s give Donghae and Soojin some private time. Then, well barge into their lives again later. We’ll see them again in time. When? Oh…soon as Soojin is Mrs. Lee? Hahahaha…

Thank you everyone!

~Crina