Pleasant Surprise

The Worst in Goodbyes

I was about to close my eyes and rest when Eunhyuk shook me like a pom pom.

“Wake up!” he shouted.

“What!” I yelled back.

“Treat me dinner,” he said mischievously.

“No way,” I said, turning away from him. Again, I was comfortably lying on the couch. But then…

“Hyung... treat us dinner, please,” Ryeowook said, shaking me, like a baby would wake up his mommy for some milk.

“Go away, I’m tired,” I said, finally closing my eyes.

Ryeowook took his hands off my arm and must have walk away. Just when I thought I’d finally have some peace, someone, again, was tickling my feet. Because of reflex and my feet are extremely ticklish, I kick whoever was bothering my sleep, my rest and my feet.

“Go away,” I kicked his thigh.

“OW! Come on!” Sungmin shouted. He punched my thigh back.

“Quite bothering me…” I said, annoyed.

“Just treat us to dinner, and everything will be fine…” he said.

“Go…away…” I said, looking at him. Please melt away.

But, here comes the aegyo. Sungmin came closer to my face and batted his eyelashes, smiling like an idiot.

“Donghae-sshi…dinner…p-lease…”he said in his aegyo voice.

“You. Are. Disgusting!” I yelled. I quickly got up off the couch and took my jacket that was hanging by a chair nearby. “Fine…dinner,” I shouted as I head to the door.

Eunhyuk, Ryeowook and Sungmin followed me with smile on their faces and were probably thinking “Yes! Dinner!” or “Donghae is such a PABO!”

 

“I’m driving,” Eunhyuk said, taking the car keys from his pocket and opening the driver’s door.

“Where to you want to eat anyway?” I said, no one in specific.

“We know just the place,” Sungmin said.

“Nothing too fancy, okay?”

The three of them shouted “OKAY!”

They were extremely excited. What’s with the singing, telling lame jokes, playing games, and just breaking the silence? They were so noisy that I bet some cars that we passed heard us, even if the windows are closed shut. What’s with Eunhyuk’s weird smile? His gums are showing; I think he thinks everything is funny. What’s with Ryeowook’s lame jokes? He doesnt usually do this; in fact, I don’t get his jokes, it was more like stating facts that jokes. And what’s with Sungmin’s constant aegyo? Sungmin is more likely to sleep in the car than…talk! What’s with the weird…everything.

“Guys!” I was finally fed up. “Will you shut up?”

The three of them shut their mouth instantly. No more words were uttered, but their faces were still the same: pathetic and amused.

 

Eunhyuk parked the car in front of a restaurant. The façade was absolutely fancy. There was a garden outside and hundreds of lights light the whole place. Tall glass windows show the inside of the restaurant. Chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling; red table cloths were placed on top of each square table with candles on top of them. Waiters were walking everywhere, taking orders from customers or delivering orders.

 “This…is not fancy?” I gave a piercing stare at Eunhyuk.

“Relax, will you?” he said, calmly.

“How can I relax if I’m the one paying?” I said, panicky.

“Let’s go!” Sungmin shouted excitedly.

I pulled the collar of his coat and said, “Not so fast, annoying rabbit. Stand right there.”

Sungmin looked at me and said, “Relax, you’re not paying.”

“What?”

“Let’s just go,” Eunhyuk grabbed my on my arm and pulled me to the entrance of the restaurant.

A waiter opened the door for us. “Good evening, sir,” he said, welcoming us inside. “Do you have a reservation?”

Reservation? Sheesh, this place is so fancy.

“We have. I think our friend is here already,” Sungmin informed the waiter while looking at every table. He pointed at the very corner of the restaurant, just infront of the garden outside. “There she is,” Sungmin said.

“Ah, right this way, sir,” he politely said.

Heads turned as we made our way to the corner of the restaurant. Customers were looking at us, whether it’s male or female.

At the table where we headed, I finally the girl Sungmin was talking about. She was wearing a green floral dress and a silver necklace. Her hair was long, with brown highlights on her blonde hair, and curled at the ends. When turned her head towards us (she was looking at the garden a while ago), she gave us a warm smile.

“Hello,” she said. “You missed me, don’t you?”

“Lisa?” I asked.

“Yes, of course. Who do you think I was?” she said.

“No, I…you just look different?” I said, awestruck.

“Different, what?”

“Different, beautiful,” I said.

“Donghae, sit down,” Eunhyuk told me, tapping the chair next to him. They were already on their seats, I did not notice. I finally sat next to Monkey.

“Thanks,” Lisa smiled.

“Don’t tell my you’re betraying Soojin,” Sungmin eyed me suspiciously.

“What? Are you crazy?” I said, annoyed.

Lisa laughed. “Okay, stop.” Then, she pulled out a bag beside her. It’s quite big, actually.

“Soojin want me to give this to you,” she said.

WHAT!

“You saw Soojin?” I asked, wanting to know more. “How is she? Is she alright? What’s her condition?”

“Will you relax, Donghae?” Lisa smiled. “She’s fine, well, she’s great actually. She’s getting well.”

“Did she tell you when she will come back?” I asked.

“Ummm…no. But, I think it will take a little while,” she said.

I got worried. “Why?” I asked.

Lisa laughed. “Look at your face. Donghae, relax, okay? She’s fine. It’s just that she needs more time to fully recover, that’s all. You worry too much,” she said, laughing again.

“She’s right, Donghae,” Sungmin interrupted. “I always told you to think positive. I guess you forgot again.”

I guess their right. I think too much. I have to believe that Soojin will be alright. She’s going to be alright. I know she is.

“Fine,” I finally said. I looked around the place again one more time. “So…you three invited Lisa…here?” I looked from Sungmin, to Ryeowook, to Eunhyuk.

“Actually, Lisa invited us,” Eunhyuk said, matter-of-factly. "She's paying this..." he whispered yo my ear. He looked at Lisa and said, “You really can’t resist us, don’t you?”

Lisa’s face blushed like an apple. “No…”

“Oh, admit it, Lisa-sshi…”Sungmin’s aegyo fired up again. Seriously!

Lisa hid her face in her hands. “Stop that…” she said shyly.

I ignored them and turned my attention to the bag. I opened it and saw a kangaroo plush. I pulled it out of the bag and took a good look at it. The doll seemed to be smiling and the baby kangaroo inside the pouch was so cute. I stared at it and smiled. Thank you Soojin.

I rummaged at the bag again to see if there are more gifts for me. Just as expected, there were. A small blue velvet box was inside the bag. I smiled when I saw it. What’s this again, Soojin?

I pulled the box and opened it. Inside the box was necklace; a gold chain necklace with a diamond studded gold star pendant. It shines as I move it under the light. It was fascinating.

“Wow! That is so pretty!” Lisa said, fascinated at the necklace too.

I continued to stare at it as I continued to smile too. “She really has a thing for necklaces.”

“No wonder she gave you a necklace on your birthday,” Sungmin realized.

“Maybe there’s a letter inside the bag,” Ryeowook said.

I looked inside the bag and saw an envelope.

“Huh! There is…” I said.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Read it…PABO…” Eunhyuk said. I looked at him and gave a piercing stare. Shut up, Monkey.

I took the envelope and opened it. It was a card; an angel was drown in front of the card, playing a harp and sitting on white clouds. I read the contents.

 

Donghae!

I’m getting well! I wanted to see you badly! I’ll see you soon! I love you!

Soojin

 

That’s it?

“That’s it?” Sungmin asked too.

What the….Soojin, you could at least make an effort.

“Couldn’t you be at least contented? She wrote, doesn’t she?” Lisa argued.

“But it’s better…”

“Its better you shut up and be contented. Besides, she’s getting well. Just wait a little longer and you’ll see her,” Lisa said.

“She’s right,” Sungmin agreed. He turned to Lisa. “Anyway, we’re inviting you to our comeback next week…”

“Next week?” Lisa’s eyes were wide open. “Oh my God! Super Junior...comeback…I’m totally going to come. Thank you.” Lisa’s eyelashes batted at Sungmin. I saw Sungmin smiled shyly but immediately hid it from Lisa.

“Aren’t we going to eat?” Eunhyuk interrupted.

 

“…SUPER JUNIOR! CONGRATULATIONS!” the MC announced.

Leeteuk was, again, thanking everyone that helped us release our fourth album, our managers, our company, our president, out parents, everyone he knows, so on and so forth.

As I browse the crowd of fans in front of me, standing in the middle of the stage with my members, I hoped that Soojin was looking at me, watching me. I hope she saw how good I am; singing and dancing on stage with all my might and heart. I hope she’s here, cheering on me, waving a blue light stick and shouted “I love you, Lee Donghae!”

Eunhyuk pulled me to tell me that we’re going back stage, to the waiting room.

“That was fun!” Yesung-hyung withheld.

“Number one again!” Shindong-hyung yelled.

“We’re going to celebrate, right?” Eunhyuk was asking Leeteuk-hyung. Leeteuk-hyung just smiled.

The waiting room was packed with only the members and our manager. We noisily talked about our recent performance and how we’re going to celebrate. Then, we were disturbed by a knock on the door.

Siwon, who was standing close to the door, opened it. Lisa’s face was poking at the edge of the door. “Can I come in?” she asked.

“Sure, come in,” Siwon said politely.

Lisa came inside with a big bouquet in hand. She gave it to Leeteuk-hyung. “Congratulations,” she said.” You guys were so amazing on stage! You were so handsome up there!”

Leeteuk-hyung bowed. “Thank you. We tried our best…” he shyly said.

“Don’t be so modest. You were great,” she said again. “By the way, a friend came with me. She said she wanted to meet you guys. Can I…”she pointed at the door.

“Ummm…sure,” Leeteuk-hyung answered after looking at all of us. A single guest wouldn’t hurt hyung!

Lisa went out of the room and came back with her friend. No one can see her face because of the bouquet in front of it. But I think she’s going to be gorgeous. The dress she’s wearing fitted her body well. She wore a black and white dress, flowy at the hem and diamond studded at the bust area. I look at her feet and the shoes she’s wearing added more points to her beautiful dress; it was white and shiny.

“Congratulations,” she said. Then she pulled the bouquet down to her waist. All of us were in shock.

“Did you miss me?” she said, a smile on her gorgeous face.

I was, again, dumbstruck. “Soojin…”

 

 

_________________________________________________

Soojin is back! Kyaaaaa~

I didn't proof read again, so...yeah...

~Crina